Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. supermood

supermood Active Member

yeah I'm having the latest

1. I don't have one single actor Pic. but I also have not one unmatched mov or show. so as always. not black not white it's grey...
    network? the network is very good with lan cable I see that on the device and via my network management. I will reboot and wait hope that it's working sometime..

2. I'm not understanding the app or why and what I will see or not so let's forget that. it's just not working..

Last edited: May 8, 2024
  2. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Ad.1. Network is not just the binary thing (like the room light switch) that just works or doesn't. It might be that communication to specific IP/port/protocol that is used for downloading the actors' pictures is simply blocked while other connections are not.

3. supermood

supermood Active Member

no shit. I thought it's coming out of the box like energy ...

and there's no info about specific actor download ports or requierements anywhere? as far as I can check. the device is on

I know that the device is having internet. I checked, on the device, in my amplifi alien mesh management and via amplifi app. it's on! :)

4. supermood

supermood Active Member

for one single mov from my music docu I have pics. so something is working. but example russel crow is surely a main actor, he should be there as well...

Attached Files:

5. Hslansky

Hslansky New Member

I have a Z9X Pro connected to a Sony VPL-XW6000ES projector through a Sony STR-AZ7000ES receiver. I was hoping to get get some suggestions on how to set parameters for my configuration. Please let me know what additional information may be required.

Thanks you!

6. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

TV Samsung S90C. Receiver ONKYO RZ50.
    - deep color on/off - what does it affect?
    They write that you need to turn it off. I have it turned on.
    Please explain how to do it correctly?
    Sound RAW or automatic? I have RAW enabled (out of habit I set it like on OPPO)) How can you explain correctly. Preferably with arguments.

The question about DEEP COLOR arose because in the PS5 settings it is written that we do not recommend disabling DEEP COLOR because HDR will not be displayed correctly. But Zidoo recommends turning it off. Why is that?

Thanks for the answer.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Despite the name, Deep Colour Compatibility Mode doesn't affect the actual colours.

It allows the player to force higher bandwidth HDMI modes even if the EDID does not allow it.

Some early displays, may for example, only have HDMI1.4 modes defined in the EDID (up to 300MHz, 8.9Gbps),
    when in fact they can support HDMI2 modes up to 600MHz, 18Gbps (for example 4K60 10/12-bit 4:2:0 and 4K60 12-bit 4:2:2).

For an HDMI 2 device, this setting has no effect, and for the most part, for HDMI 1.4 devices, it should be left off.

Sound RAW will force bitstreaming of all content from AC-3/DTS up to Atmos/DTS-X regardless of whether the EDID supports it. You can use it as a belt and braces approach if you know your amp supports all audio modes (most do). Otherwise leave on Auto as that means any unsupported mode gets converted to Stereo LPCM.

(The PS5 settings are different and don't apply here)

xskip and misichavichus like this.
  8. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Hello @Markswift2003 ,

I was unsure if this was the correct thread to post this issue in or if the EDID thread was the better place but here goes...

I recently deinterlaced videos to 1080p 29.97 fps and the Zidoo is playing those in 1080p 30Hz instead of 1080p 59.94Hz so there's choppy playback with skipped frames because of that. The Shield Pro plays them correctly in 1080p 29Hz both in the Plex App and in Kodi.

In the list of resolutions on the Zidoo, I don't see 1080p 29.97 whereas in the Kodi resolution list on the Shield Pro and on my Windows PC I do see the 1080p 29Hz resolution.

I don't know why the 1080p 29Hz is not on the Zidoo? Is this the case for everybody?

In any case, that's a bug because the Zidoo should go to 1080p 59.94Hz when match resolution and match frame rate is activated just like it does with my 720p 29.97Hz videos where it plays at 720p 59.94Hz correctly.

Can you talk to Zidoo about this so they can fix their decision algorithm to choose 59.94Hz instead of 30Hz?

Also, is there a simple way for me to add 1080p 29.97Hz in the EDID without messing around with anything else in case that fixes the problem?

Thanks in advance!

9. Markswift2003

If the Zidoo will play 1080p30 then the EDID already supports 1080p29 because both modes are covered by one VIC (Video Information Code) in the EDID - VIC 34 = 1080p29/30 16:9

1080p29 is an odd one because it hasn't really got a commercial use but is supported by HDMI - 1080i29 is used for broadcast, but is not supported by HDMI.

I suspect something has gone awry in the deinterlacing process.

1080i handling can be, er, interesting...

I have 1080i29 videos that will play in 1080i59 but I also have 1080i29 videos that play in 1080i30 and 1080i29 videos that play in 1080i60 (according to the Vertex) but the Zidoo reports 1080i59. MediaInfo gives no explanation for this.

Can you provide an example video - say a 30s or 60s clip?

In the meantime a workaround is to set GUI resolution to 3840x2160 and Frame Rate Mode to "Frame Rate Only" because 4K29 is supported by HDMI so that should work (it's good practice anyway because the scaling of the BPD SOC is excellent and you'll reduce HDMI resyncs).

10. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Hi Mark,

Yes interlacing is a mess. Sometimes if I try to deinterlace to 59.94 the playback is choppy and slowmotion and QTGMC in staxrip shows repeated frames every 2 frames so I then use FieldDeinterlacing and it works. That example was a bluray 1080i.

The culprit video is also a 1080i bluray but when I tried QTGMC in staxrip I saw all different frames in 59.94 but some parts repeat frames (interludes in the music concert seems 29.97). I used FieldDeinterlacing on it because it was my understanding that no commercial videos are in 59p or 60p and should be deinterlaced in 29p or 30p…. Maybe I’m mistaking? I thought 59p or 60p was in the 4k realm only except for camcorders home videos in 1080i or 1080p which can be 59p or 60p?

I can show you staxrip’s script in screenshots but it’s basically 1080i h264 passed to FieldDeinterlacing out to 1080p29 x264.

Pot Player on pc plays the 1080i video at 1080p29. I don’t know how zidoo would play the 1080i video as I did not try it.

Match framerate only worked and played in 4k29p but I’m not sure the soc wont add artifacts versus my excellent sony tv’s upscaling? I did see the faces were clearer using the soc’s upscaling but I tend to not trust media player upscalers over my TV’s. Should I use the realtek’s scaler on the z9x pro?

As for resyncs I don’t like my gui at 29 ou 24p so I put it at 4k60p locked so I’m not sure it will help with the resync like so?

I can provide a clip later thx for the help!

11. Andalex

Andalex New Member

Mark,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your hard work and excellent recommendations. I am using the z9 X pro that is connected to a JVC DLA RS2000 via a Denon AVR-X8500H.

I followed your detailed instructions on how to connect Zidoo boxes to JVC projectors without HDFury. I am on the 1.86 beta firmware. The image quality is really fantastic and I love it. My only problem is that if I set my resolution to 23 Hz for the GUI and I click the lock resolution button and I set the HDR output to LLDV, these two settings always go back to 60 Hz and Auto with each restart. The EDID setting stays with the "BT.2020 LLDV EDID". No matter what I do I always have to correct these two settings when i turn my machine on. I was wondering that maybe there is something in the EDID that creates this beavior.
    Is there any workaround?

Andras

12. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Hi @Markswift2003 ,
    Do you see 1080p @ 29Hz listed in your resolutions on the Z9X PRO?

My Dune player plays back my 1080p @ 29Hz files at 1080p @ 59Hz

My Shield plays back my 1080p @ 29Hz files at 1080p @ 29Hz (through PlexForKodi)

My Zidoo Z9X Pro plays back my 1080p @ 29Hz files at 1080p @ 30Hz and there's some judder.

I saw that the standard Z9X had an option to force 29/59 instead of 30/60 on these files but I don't see that option on the Z9X Pro using RTD1619BPD?

This is on all my 1080p @ 29Hz files not just the ones I encoded so, based on what the Dune with the same chipset or mostly the same one does, I think the Zidoo should choose 1080p @ 59.94Hz on playback when match fps and res is selected. 1080p @ 29Hz would be ideal if the realtek can do it.

Also, my 720p @ 29Hz files playback correctly at 720p @ 59Hz on the Z9X Pro but that's probably because 720p @ 29Hz does not exist as a standard at all.

Can you talk about this with your Zidoo rep so that they can correct this please?

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  13. Markswift2003

Not really sure why that happens - there have been a few posts about similar problems.

The custom EDID should override this, but one issue HDMI sources have is that if the HDMI sink (amp/receiver/TV/projector) isn't powered on before the source, the source does not have an EDID to refer to so sets default settings.

As I say, custom EDID and lock resolution should stop that but maybe there's something else at play.

So make sure all the HDMI sinks are powered up before the Zidoo.

Personally I use HDFury devices in my setup so this removes any and all EDID issues from any device.

14. Markswift2003

No, 1080p29 isn't listed - possibly an oversight or possibly just because it's not a commercial resolution.

See workaround above.

15. Creator44

Creator44 Member

What workaround, you mean using an HDFury device?

This seems a little extreme for a small fix like so by the Zidoo team:

If Match Framerate and Resolution = True Then
    If video is 1080p@29 Then
    Playback at 1080p@59

I exported my EDID and then removed the 1080p30 entry from the Video Data Block and the Zidoo player now plays my 1080p@29 file at 1080p@59 with no judder at all so it seems the fix I propose would be a good one and the correct way to playback these files without having to remove the 1080p@30 entry from the EDID. 1080p@30 videos plays back at 1080p@60 without any judder either.

Another thing... I tried another EDID that removed all 720p, 576p and 480p resolutions from the Video Data Block but the 720p@60 and 720p@59 remains in the video resolution list in the Zidoo... do you have any idea why that is? It seems 720p plays back in overscan which is not something I want so I was trying to force the Zidoo to upscale to 1080p or 4K by removing all 720p resolutions from the EDID. The overscan in 720p seems to be a Zidoo thing as my Shield with Kodi plays back 720p correctly without overscan.

16. Markswift2003

No, this workaround:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/page-25#post-222808

17. Markswift2003

Probably didn't adjust the timings.

Here's one correctly done with 1080p modes defined in the VDB and interlaced and SD modes in the timings. No 720p.

upload_2024-5-25_15-56-14.png

18. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Hi Mark,

My tv upscales better than the Zidoo hence why I prefer to match resolution so the workaround of using 4K upscale on the Zidoo is not something I personally want.

You don’t think Zidoo will listen to that « fix » I propose? You don’t want to mention it to them? I would appreciate it. Also maybe to understand why 1080p29 is never in the list. My guess on that is that the SOC cannot do 1080p29 but using 1080p59 would do just fine then.

As for the timings, what do I need to do, remove the entries for 720p, 578p and 480p in timings section? I didn’t see a way ro remove anything from there but I can check again. I’m using the AW application as I can’t find EdidGold online.

EDIT: I can't remove anything from "Detailed Timings Descriptor"? I'm not as good as you on these things but willing to learn if you want to help.

I'll attach my original EDID file here, maybe you can remove all 480p, 576p. 720p resolutions and the 1080p@30 entry in it for me and I can compare it afterwards to see what you did?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  19. Markswift2003

I will certainly pass this on but there are a multitude of issues around 2K29 content - I guess because it's neither a standard deliverable format nor a standard end format.

I'll have a look at that EDID tomorrow, but in the meantime, I use Deltacast Edid Editor which is freely downloadable:

https://www.deltacast.tv/products/free-software/e-edid-editor

And EEditGold is also freeware as far as I'm aware, so attached is a copy of the latest...

Attached Files:

pcristi and Creator44 like this.
  20. NOP1050

NOP1050 New Member

Hello,
    I am a new member of this forum.
    I am Andreas from Germany.

I have a Zidoo Z9X Pro and use VS10 for converting everything to SDR.

I have several 4K film rips to compare in pure SDR, HDR10 and DolbyVision.
    I use a JVC X9900 projector which does not have dynamic HDR tone mapping.
    I therefore prefer SDR playback/conversion.

When I play the HEVC (H.265) 4K SDR BT.709 version in SDR to the projector, the picture looks great, just like with Full HD Blu-rays.

If I play the HEVC (H.265) 4K HDR10 BT.2020 version in SDR to the projector, the picture also looks very good, just a little darker, but that's what most HDR10 films are by default.

When I play the 4K Dolby Vision (without HDR10 Core) version in SDR to the projector, the picture looks the best.
    The picture gets a slight HDR look, is slightly brighter overall and highlights are also slightly brighter.
    Although they are on the verge of clipping, it is extremely rare for anything to be lost in the highest brightness levels.

I like the picture extremely well.

Has anyone used this before and can confirm this and perhaps have further tips?

p.s. I haven't read everything and am using a translator!