Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

My z9x does that too, twice today, but not really that often. Then again I leave it on all the time and only reboot when it acts up.

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I currently get that on 1.0.75. Not often but same as you sticks at 'Hello' and I need to turn it off and back on with switch at the back. Not tried 1.0.80 as worried to use alpha firmware.

3. xskip

xskip Active Member

o, thx, Mcbluna (posting this just for informational reasons) v1.0.83. :)

dr4go likes this.
  4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Huh? This is still an internal test file according to McBlunas site.

5. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

It is not downloadable. Just informational. It's interesting to read the changelog to see what is to come.

blenky likes this.
  6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yeah, it seems just alpha release then better wait upto beta is coming.

7. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Finally some news :). Good!
    1.0.83 alpha change log as copy/pasted from @McBluna 's site
    1. Optimize the loading speed of posters on the poster wall.
    2. Optimize the parsing of NFO files for the poster wall.
    3. Optimize the occasional crash issue of the poster wall.
    4. Optimize the occasional inability to set resolution in quick settings.
    5. Fix the issue where modifying subtitle color in the built-in text subtitles of the player does not take effect.
    6. Add HDMI color space setting function to quick settings.
    7. Optimize the issue of some hard drives not being recognized.
    8. Optimize the occasional crash issue of one-key cleaning.
    9. Fix the issue of some movies displaying cropped edges.
    10. Fix the occasional black screen issue when playing some movies.
    11. Fix the issue of occasional system interface displaying in the upper left corner.
    12. Fix the issue of some movies displaying incorrect colors.
    13. Add some default EDIDs.
    14. Optimize the issue of some hard drives not recognizing files.
    15. Fix the issue of lock resolution not taking effect.
    16. Optimize system stability.

I was affected by 5, 7, 11, 12.

Hopefully they will some day address also these
    Some well known major:
    • lack of multichannel audio PCM
    • problems with some multichannel audio formats files playing as stereo.
    • very seldom video choppy playback that can be instantly fixed by pausing and unpausing.
    • Poster Wall stops to be responsive if the number of movies exceeds 400+ (the bug known since the old boxes)
    • Audio offset not working at all
    And the minor ones:
    • not working DLNA streaming to Z9X Pro.
    • some apps installed via Google Play Store does not show any icon in the App tray and can be only started from the Play Store level. Some apps like Tidal needs a special Tidal Launcher app to start correctly.
    • all apps from Google Play Store deliberately have locked privileges (and no root is available) and don't have access to the drives. E.g. not possible to playback DVD ROMs from the USB connected optical drive.
    • looks like Z9x Pro is always forcing 3D in the frame packing mode if 3D is detected as supported what makes problems if older AVR in the HDMI chain does not support this mode so audio is not processed in RAW correctly even after editing EDID.
    • Movie subtitles overlap the screensaver.
    And you all can probably add some things to this list...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    anpehro, cbnbmore and KJC like this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes good to see that Zidoo are working on fixes. However, like 1.0.80, will this ever see the official light of day?

9. dr4go

dr4go Member

I'm sure v1.0.80 would have seen the light of the day if it wouldn't break more than it would fix. The same goes for version 1.0.83.

10. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

In the menu, the last row on the right is other > about the program > additional settings > video > 3840x2160 @ 23 selected. I have enabled HDCP (disabled by default), what does this affect and what is it responsible for?

11. KristianR

KristianR New Member

I need v1.0.83!

12. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Its been months since i have bought z2600 and i am quite disappointed with zidoo support and their approach of fixing problems. I have got dune solo 8k today, Believe me it works fine straight out of the box, There is no issue as well as stunning picture quality and very smooth playback.

Simon Belmont and Paul10mmring like this.
  13. sandyj

sandyj Member

It will be interesting to see if you feel the same way in a week or two after the honey moon is over many users are reporting issues with the Dune as well normally it takes time for all these players to settle down unfortunately its often at the end of the product cycle. The latest models of all media players are almost guaranteed to have issues that are not really acceptable the forums for these products always start off good but quickly descend into finding problems. If you have a low tolerance to the problems the best thing is to wait for 12 to 18 months once the firmware has improved and squashed most of the issues. I am just grateful that these players still exist otherwise I would have to go back to a PC which is a lot more time consuming and programmatic although can be rewarding when working right.
    The dune does look interesting but that interface is really dated I don't think its changed much from when I had one many years ago I would be interested in your thoughts of this product after you have had it awhile.

blenky and Paul10mmring like this.
  14. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Good to see another update on the way, so development is progressing.

15. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

16. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

So the Dune interface is dated? Maybe the Zidoo looks more modern?? But does it work or does HT crash or freeze or go blank when it feels like it? . I would love it to be pretty like the Zidoo But as it just works and works well I am happy enough with it. Zidoo have had months in fact not long and it will be a year to have sorted out basic problems, as for Honeymoon period there wan never one with this range it did not work properly from the start SMB was broken a very very basic important feature !!!!!! I know every box has issues cat the moment I have none might stay that way might not all I do know is for me and others vit just works! I bet early next year there will be a Zidoo range with the same spec as the Dune and R_Video

17. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

My guess is the major chip makers are working on the next generation of their chips. Everyone seems to want more powerful chips. That’s great but if the media player sellers can’t get the firmware straightened out in time before the next chipset is released we will likely never see a player that works like it’s supposed to.

18. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

If and when a firmware update is issued will this thread be updated or will a new thread be started?

cbnbmore likes this.
  19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Second option. :)

20. sandyj

sandyj Member

That's 100% correct the life cycle is too short and there appears to never be enough time to get the software right before the next one comes there are several aspects to this.
    1. The chipset firmware/drivers etc bugs
    2. The Operating system issues - This nearly always seems to change with new models
    3. The manufactures issues

Often bugs are outside of the manufactures control and require other parties to catch up or make work a rounds.
    I am not pro zidoo and will use any brand that does what I need for my media playback my current zidoo works for me in my media room without issues that bother me. I have owned many media players over the years some of them are med8er, zidoo several models, zappiti several models , dune, apple tv, WD TV box, Boxee box etc.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024