1.2.40_BETA/1.2.70_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If the A6 is on a STATIC IP the app should always reconnect. If it doesn't you may have other problems in your LAN, not least the A6 / phone are too close to the AP (say, just 2m away, instead of 5 or more... contrary to common belief, being too close the AP does not mean having a better signal strength, but being subject to more reflections/harmonics of the signal itself, and thus requiring far too much retransmissions)

doctorf likes this.
  2. octavius

octavius Member

Why did yesterday's post about the new 1.2.44 beta firmware disappear?

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

It has not been official released. It's a leak.

4. Dusty

Dusty Member

The 1.2.44 version with the latest iOS app is messing the order of tracks in a playlist once you start reordering. Once you hit done, after reordering tracks, get out of the playlist and enter it again the order is messed up.

5. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

A playlist of local files? You edit the list by pulling tracks around and hit ‘Done’? Then play the playlist and see the old order of tracks?

I’m on the newest 1.2.74 beta for A8 (and IOS for iPad 1.0.91) and can change the order of play in my playlist and when I hit play, it sends the playlist to the play queue and play it in the order I chose.

So, I don’t have that issue…

6. MaSi

MaSi New Member

1.2.44 Beta I have noticed several times that it shows the wrong title/artwork. It has happened when I play a list, and instead of playing the next song on the list I decide to play another one. It plays this one, but shows the title/artwork of the one that was next before this change

7. Dusty

Dusty Member

Yes, a playlist of local files. I do as you say but I don’t play the playlist. I simply exit the playlist by hitting the back button and tap on the playlist again. And the order is wrong. It’s not the one I saved.

8. Bergholdt

Ok. But I don’t have that issue with the A8. I can go back out and come back in and the order is as I chose.

I tried powering off the A8 and turning it back on. My playlist is still correct. I have a local SSD. Are you playing from a NAS?

But of course, they could have ‘f…ed up’ the A6 beta and not the A8 beta…

9. Dusty

Dusty Member

Local SSD just like you. Yeah, I think 1.2.44 is the one with the issue.

10. fahzz

fahzz New Member

My Flac tracks all have Replay Gain tags, and are stored on an internal drive. Will the A-6 read them automatically,without some kind of scan? I believe I activated activated Replay Gain after copying the tracks to the drive. Thanks.

11. Gil Fuhrer

Gil Fuhrer Member

Is this beta slated to go GA, or will this just be a beta release?

12. Bergholdt

Only one way to find out. Testing :) but I think replay gain was added for some streaming services. No talk of local music (but not sure) but test it and let us know. A normal scan/update of newly added files should be enough.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  13. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Long ago somone (maybe even @mirror) mentioned plans to implement display of the year of release and release date sorting option.
    Is this still in the plans?

Houdini and neoitata like this.
  14. neoitata

neoitata Member

I am interrested on that too.

15. Stuj

Stuj Member

That might be me, I’ve been asking for that since I received the unit back in July… to be honest the local media manager leaves me wanting even still, and I suspect anything short of a miracle will change that. I’ve practically given up and now and use LMS or Plex with for media management and use their apps to connect to Eversolo.

Nutul likes this.
  16. AudioNerd

AudioNerd New Member

Why would it just be a beta?

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Beta's are marked so just because they are being released without prior extensive testing; once everything seems to be ok, or after having fixed small glitches revealed by the beta-test, every Beta aims at becoming an Officlal. It usually happens, but sometimes for example a 10.2.3.beta will be followed by a 10.2.4.beta: in this case only the 10.2.4 could become official, as the 10.2.3.beta is now considered dead.

18. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

ReplayGain does not seem to be working on local files. Mine have all been tagged correctly (using Foobar2000) and work well with Squeezebox LMS. The 5sec gain notification doesn't display and volume is not adjusted.

19. supermood

supermood Active Member

that's the sprit! next time do it from the beginning then you don't need to cry for HR or sing your fan songs how great this forum here is - or insult me.

I have not asked you! or any other end user. if I need support I ask my kids.

I was trying to reach out to the company in the way they told me via email, after I bought 2 devices, and both were actually not working from the box

20. supermood

supermood Active Member

that's up to me to decide what's important to me or not and my requirements are very low. I only asked the company for an reply, 8 weeks, 4 weeks.
    I was not pushy at all. I was pushy because this kindergarten mess here and the missing company

for me I have to use the phone instead of the tablet and tidal connect instead of the internal player. and that's important for me.

not one word from any end user to that kids!

I tell that the company the twentieth time without feedback or commitment I'm now pushy as I want. no difference anyway..

have fun here fan boys and hidden zidoo staff!