Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

It might be an issue with OpenSubs, as it is with English on the older firmware, where any downloaded English subs is not usable anymore. Maybe some changes in OpenSubs APIs.

2. Terry73

Terry73 New Member

Hello i have always shuttering d'urine play-back 4k vidéo like in 1.0.65.
    The issue appears during one second regulary.
    Z2000 1.0.75 hdd 16to

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you "always" have stuttering then it's not the player.

If it's regular that indicates wrong frame rate. Check your settings.

4. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Finally had the time to play a bit with the my new Z9X pro, updated to 1.0.75

Here is some glitches:
    • Got stuck in playing BD menu of Pulp Fiction (had to hard restart).
    • Not able to reproduce BD menu of Passengers, was not showing up right, then it got stuck (had to hard restart)..
    • The message FW Up to date when try to update firmware over OTA is spelled wrong in Italian language ("Il firmware e' aggironato") - should be "Il firmware e' aggiornato"
    • When pressing the remote light button on remote light doesn't stay on, second time it does for a few secs, thats weird??
    Still have to play with HDR settings to check which will give best picture with my HDR 10 projector (LG810PW) ....
    My understanding from the forum is that VS10 HDR works really well with projectors, any advice to get the most out of it?

Anyone compare VS10 DV with LLDV with tricked EDID?

5. Markswift2003

BD Menu is not this player's forte. MKVs are the best option by far.

There are many spelling and grammatical errors in English, never mind Italian and every other language - you learn to live with it ;)

The remote light button toggles the light function, not the light itself. When toggled on, the light comes on for a few seconds on any button push.

You'll have to decide which HDR mode is best for your display and your taste. VS10 SDR often works well because a projector can only ever be an SDR display so it's a case of which can tone map down to SDR best - the projector or the Zidoo - and often it's the Zidoo.

Personally I use LLDV and it works extremely well.

6. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Thank you Mark, btw your knowledge and expertise is noticeble, congratulations.

So with VS10 SDR >>> HDR will be converted SDR retaining BT2020 and Zidoo will do tone mapping, projector will believe it SDR signal ? do I get it right?
    apologies in advance if I say some "heresy", I am learning...

For LLDV, how can I test it to compare? enable LLDV and custome EDID BT2020?,

7. Markswift2003

VS10 SDR converts HDR and DV to SDR which is what your projector has to do anyway.

The slight downside is that it downconverts to Rec.709 colour space too - but you'll never notice!

The upside is that projectors tend to deal with Rec.709 SDR better than Rec.2020 HDR and they certainly rarely reach the full extent of Rec.2020.

LLDV is a different matter - you convince the Zidoo that the projector does LLDV using an LLDV EDID but then you also have to get the projector to use its HDR mode. On some projectors you can do this manually but some require an HDR message which is where an HDFury device comes in.

So you'll have to see if your projector can be manually switched into its HDR mode first.

Have a look at this PDF:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?att...v-on-hdr10-displays-without-hdfury-pdf.13928/

Other PDFs involving HDFury devices are in this thread:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/

8. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Thanks Mark,

Just tried, enabled:

BT 20202 LLVD EDID
    HDR selected LLVD
    dolby compatibility player led

and color are washed out with no contrast, not that much though... when play movies doesn't trigger HDR logo from projector...but just VS 10 Dolby vision..

In projector menu menu there is no option to trigger HDR mode, there is an "effect HDR" but not a real HDR mode...

9. Laseriano

Laseriano New Member

Hello
    A question about the new HDR mode, is it supposed that if I put it in automatic mode when the movie is SDR it will be seen in SDR if it is HDR it will skip the HDR but if it is Dolby vision it won't skip the VS10 motor?
    because in my case I have a new JVC Nz7 projector it doesn't work.
    When the movie is Dolby vision I get HDR.

10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Another bug to report is that I needed to re-register the device with Trakt after this update.

11. KJC

KJC Member

Can anyone guide me on how to rescan a hard drive for poster wall update?
    I had to interrupt the scanning process, the hard drive shows "Scanned" but has actually zero movies and there is no option of rescanning.

12. Sawas

Sawas New Member

Long press on the movie folder, select update

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Try to unplug and replug it again, and give it some time if your db is large.

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

Of course yes, with an NZ7 you just need to put in HDR10!!

15. Markswift2003

The behaviour is correct - That's because it's using the HDR10 base layer of Dolby Vision Profile 7. There is no need for VS10.

For Profile 5 it will use VS10.

16. KJC

KJC Member

No. I'm talking about HDDscan not a movie folder scan. Is it possible to to entirely scan a hard drive again?

17. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Guys - any advice?

18. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

Install the app called "SideApps" from google play. All apps including hidden apps will be shown there.

19. Szw

Szw Member

I tested the last firmware 1.0.75. I'm very satisfied.
    I only have one problem left. I often use audio output via headphones (Sony MD DS6500) when playing back my mkv collection. The base of the headphones is connected to the Zidoo via an optical output. I have no audio on the mkv with Dolby Atmos True HD. I've tried everything with SPDIF settings. No effect.
    Can someone help me here?

20. domi80

domi80 Member

I want to download the cover and info from my petshop boys inner sanctum bluray with the zidoo z9x pro. cant find them anymore with the wallpaper search. How it comes? With the old 1.0.52 the library find it!