Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Azrael

Azrael Member

Thank you.

Are you running 1.0.75? im really curious about this:

4.Optimized HDR output mode(Significantly modified the strategy of VS10 engine).

I'm really interested on what Dolby VS10 actually does, i cant find any info on it, i just know that it works really well with my JVC Frame Adapt HDR.

2. KJC

KJC Member

RE ||Zidoo Z9X Pro || Heating issue

Contacted my Zidoo vendor. He says 42 Deg Cel is okay. Is it really acceptable?
    Its winter(really cold) in here and I'm wondering how much it will increase in summer.
    I've started doubting my vendor or probably zidoo after sell support.

The vendor also asked me to not use .75_G i.e. play store firmware and according to him this firmware causing the heating.

3. Moyt

Moyt New Member

I've still to invest in a NAS setup. Looking forward to one, for more than just the Zidoo to play media off. But glad to hear it works wonders for you.

@ Factory reset. Sounds like this might help, I'll give it a go when I got more free time. I've also noticed after a few restarts of the box it decided to play those BD remux files eventually. Still not finding it as smooth as the 1.0.52 firmware myself, but it's tolerable. It seems everyone has different experiences.

But for sure I'll try the factory reset sometime soon, so thanks for the suggestion. I also noticed on my external HDD there is a hidden folder that I'm assuming the Zidoo player created (most likely settings, personal configs etc), so I might delete this and see if that helps also.
    I'll have a play about with it when I get around to it and see if it's making any difference.

@ method of update. Yes, manually updated, downloaded the firmware (Google play version) from the first page of this thread and updated from the zip file from the z200 pro internal storage. Searching for online updates via the update option on the player never prompts me to update.

I just really hope VLC player will eventually work and pick up media files from various external/internal storage locations. It's the only reliable player I know of that will chew up almost any video file and play without any problems.
    Just don't think it will be Zidoo's priority to optimise VLC use for its players. Saying that they got a long way to go first sorting their own media player software out. :p

Azrael likes this.
  4. Szw

Szw Member

Thank you!!!

5. Azrael

Azrael Member

Ok jumped into 1.0.75 for now all seems ok, tested with a bunch of movies and did not seem problems.

on .52 on auto when reading DV content VS10 would kick in, so i would get SDR, HDR and DV processed by VS10, for me this was perfect.

Now VS10 is either on or off, so i turned it on and it's working for all content.

Do you guys know how to check what VS10 is processing HDR wise? if it's getting info from DV or HDR10 in the case of movies that have both formats?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What display? DV or just HDR10?

7. KJC

KJC Member

Have you figure out how to access external storage in VLC player?

8. Szw

Szw Member

I got a tip from zidoo service. I should change the audio settings
    HDMI Audio from “Auto” to “LPCM 2 channel”. It worked!!!

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Its summer here atm ..room is sitting 30 -31 in the afternoon
    When my box was in a locked state ,it was at 39 vs rooms 30

After a power reset it played fine again at 33 - 34 in 30 room ,Denon recievers in lower shelf adding some heat above ambient
    Mine was in locked up state only after id pulled power brick out to get PSU V A readings for an earlier reply

Normally mines been running fine no stutters no pauses during videos or any of the other issues some get (after i removed the 2 hdds off top of box and placed box on some legs to allow better airflow ) it had been having the odd issue with original .52 f/w but was always Really hot to the touch when i was power resetting from the back switch)

10. Markswift2003

Show off :p

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

:p
    so what i was meaning is device normally would run 3-5 degrees above ambient when stable (what ive been seeing while monitoring during the day with my pointy lazer device :) )

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Something for ppl to also check if SMB is running slow/stuttery

My Lan is a 1gig version
    I was transferring a movie over to the dd on the Pro yesterday and it was running only at 11m/s so i knew something had gone wrong
    Check check of the network properties on of lan showed it as only being a 100/100 device
    This i think was after last MS pc reset after last updates a day or so before

Quick reset of PC and lan was back to showing 1000/1000

So ,dont always discount your 1000/ lan as being correct
    I also notice major slow downs on PC and lan if ive had a MS update sitting on PC for a few days with me not having run it(pcs on 24/7 never gets reset unless forced to ,lol )

13. Markswift2003

I mean show off because it's summer there - it's bloody freezing here ;)

But yeah, these devices don't normally run hot at all.

14. Azrael

Azrael Member

display is HDR10, how do i know is VS10 is processing DV or HDR from movie stream

15. KJC

KJC Member

Here we go.
    I measured the temperature using IR sensor.
    Is this normal or even acceptable?

Attached Files:

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

WAY too hot unless your ambient temp in room is like 40 45 degrees ,but still too hot then

My rooms 28.7 atm device in standby is 30.7 /87 degrees

any airflow around your zidoo in a cabinet ? on top of reciever ? etc

17. KJC

KJC Member

As I said earlier, its winter here. The ambient temperature is like 23–24 degrees.

18. KJC

KJC Member

Don't know if I should share this here with you but...

Can anyone help me?
    My vendor is saying it will take 2 months for my Z9X Pro to send it to china and get it get repaired.
    Is there any policy that Zidoo can provide a replacement device?
    I mean this process gonna take way too much time.
    Its hardly been 2.5 months and I'm unlucky to have this problem. :(

@Markswift2003 you got anything to say about this?

19. Markswift2003

All I can tell you is it shouldn't be that hot.

You could try service@zidoo.tv

20. Markswift2003

If you use VS10 on DV content (any profile) on a non-DV display, the RPU is used in that processing.

Azrael likes this.