Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Well I have also noticed DV colors are bit warm/ yellowish

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Using The Matrix as a test I compared my blu ray physical disk to full disk rip on the zidoo, played both tv led and then player led. To me they all looked exactly the same!

Simon Belmont and Deano86 like this.
  3. KJC

KJC Member

Last night while watching a movie player stopped playing for about 4 times. Then I had to restart the player for detecting HDD. HDD is new so don't think it has any problem.
    Not connecting multiple drives now but can't Zidoo power a single 4TB WD HDD?

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

As i stated earlier ,i have 2 usb HDDs permanently on my Z9X Pro ..a 4 tb Toshiba and a 2 Tg SG ,neither are self powered and i have zero issues with stutters ,pauses or crashes ,and my box hasnt been powered down/off in at least a week cos i havent had to reset MP7 issues ...the only thing that doesnt work correctly for me

Simple fix thou if you are worried ....just grab a larger output 12v brick PSU ie 3-5 amp type

Cant remeber but i think i just swapped boxes when i got the Pro ,so i may be running on the older Z9X PSU

Wonder if the new model PSUs are underpowered thus stutters crashes heat issues etc some ppl are getting

5. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Yes, there is a bit of a red tint, but at first I thought that it might be due to the luminance issue also as it's not always apparent. Sadly I do not have DV test patterns to test with on the Zidoo.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure at this point they are not. I suppose these two pics will look exactly the same to you also. I'm not trying to be cheeky (it's not always fun to be understood only by calibrators when it comes to seeing these differences. I wish I wouldn't see them also, as my life would be much more peaceful)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Doubtful it's the power supply - the USB port is fed from onboard voltage regulators - not sure of the rating, but presumably less than the power supply which is about 48W from memory.

7. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Yes I fully agree.
    There should be a kind of registry of issues with numbers and people who rised them. Instead we have only this messy forum. Each my email says to follow forum. While we should be anyhow automaticaly informed (via email) about the status of our request. Sure, should not raide our demands to have next features as long as most of us or the Company decide to provide. Thus there should be a next tool do proceed with new demands. After all this is not bottomless bag. However the PRODUCER is responsible for providing us the device accordind to the specification HE stated it is.
    At the same time I do appreciate admin like MARKSWIFT2003 and others who really struggle to help people here. MARK you are doing enormous work and what I can see - you have a great knowledge. Same, I admire you dealing with this forum. Bravo, but definitely this should work differently. Ask your bossess to give you dedicated system to ticked each raised issue and to filter them, solve and distribute to the people who has raised them. Also ask your superior to give you any kind of tool to investigate the new features and inform about their status as we have a lot of people who ask for something new.
    Forum is only for disscussion to exchange users experiences.
    Or each problem should have its own thread within the forum. The thread, like this one, with the new release is not a good place to solve thousands problems mixed!!!

All the best

Robus

JackMikkers and Digidog like this.
  8. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

It will never happen. Wake up please... or come back to mother Earth.

Ziddo firmware is NOT open software development handled by community and freelancers. You will never get access to issues/changes tracking tools Ziddo devs are using. Nor you can expect that Ziddo devs will do the double work and will maintain two separate tools for community and for their internal service desk and change control procedures and for whatever ITIL processes they are tracking currently.

So really, please manage properly your expectations for such a tracking.
    In opposite to that... @Markswift2003 is doing here exceptional good work... especially if comparing to other similar community forums for any other vendor I am involved since the last 15 years...

9. supermood

supermood Active Member

I was about to write something very positive about the latest a6 update (besides that it wasn't pushed so I'm late some weeks) but if I read that from you I cannot be silent.

you obviously don't really know what itil is? or what the whole topic from me here was and is. let me tell you I'm running global multi million itil and cobit programs with integrated risk and compliance management. and I don't understand what you mean here.

nobody wants to see the code? internal processes were also not discussed here with one word. why do you bring it up?

I'm missing here the absolut basics to order ten trillion posts ideas bugs features problems support questions and maybe idiotic wishes. transparency for customers to avoid double posts and to know what's to come.

I think Marc is extremely friendly and helpful, and obviously he knows what he's talking about.

but to be very good maybe even exceptional (your words) there a some very important other factors to consider. very important is to report to leadership what's needed to be exceptional. it's called expectation management. also to report to us in summaries whats in work and what's not. that's completely divided from giving support to people about already existing and working functionalities in their set up. and many other examples I will not repeat.

fact is I have, I don't know 30 devices, but I'm in one forum for bugs and missing features reading endless sites with repetitions, unclear as-is and will-be situations. no real value.

and I'm not even a power user. something like an own eidi, I would never do

if I imagine that a forum like this would be needed for my TV or receiver.. oh my. and these devices are much more complicated and have much more functionalities? in both these devices I can stream also all my files. I bought a shield pro 5 years ago. not one single topic for me. plug and play. then the commercials, I had to learn sideload and another launcher. 1h that's it. I was obviously completely wrong to think that's the standard in tech deployment

Bill-Z9X, Pete B and Digidog like this.
  10. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Ok. I understand your pain. I am at your side but please just don't exaggerate.
    You want Ziddo to perform better then Google, MS, Apple and so on... Just name some bigger than Zidoo company and show me the issues/changes tracking portal available for common folks/all customers like us where dev/fixes are NOT done by community but fully paid vendor personnel directly...
    In my opinion you just expects too much.

xskip likes this.
  11. supermood

supermood Active Member

it's not about company size. Marc needs a junior to clean up here.

one site forum for support questions which will be a chat very soon like all other. but if solution is available it goes with the question into a locked site in which only Marc copies the topic plus solution. and before posting a question you look and search there and only there. which needs 3minutes

the same for feature request. a chat and a site for all, sorted, the ones in progress, declined, in evaluation,...

and the same for bugs of existing functionalities. you chat to understand and you report that's 2 different things

one for announcements and the update files. also locked. these two I would love email notifications

that's really basic. really really basic.

but anyway. I will survive. currently hearing with the a6 clearly shows that zidoo general knows how to do things right. for me forum will Okt be needed anymore with current set up.

maybe they are just not able to do it right for the media streamer after the success with the music streamer.. I don't know

reason I'm writing here the third time after I thought I'm done is that I always think some improvements could be very easily achieved

12. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

OMG :)
    So if you are so fast giving Marc additional job without any salary, so maybe you will take over and offer your personal free time and help and manage this situation here, now and in the future, just as you expects it to be all the time.
    You are good in expanding someones job or in hiring juniors but not by your money... So maybe you can propose yourself, instead of pointing to community users that are committing their free time...

xskip, Visconti12 and McBluna like this.
  13. supermood

supermood Active Member

free time? are you 12? so zidoo is hobby? you are already not understanding a word. and it's not getting better if you write something other stupid every time. forget it happy Wednesday

Robus_PL, Bill-Z9X and Pete B like this.
  14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Hi guys, such kind of discussions got no general interest to this tech-users forum. Please do it by PM or other means out of this threads.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

24W 2A 12v psu
    Ext usb driven drives require around 5 -12W to run (5v 1a plus)
    So it is quite possible these new devices may have just shipped with under powered Psu s considering the more power processing of the units , or maybe even Zidoo got supplied with some Psus underpeforming ,hence why only some ppl have all the issues (MY speculation only :p )

Simple test would be for those having all the current issues to swap out the psu with a bigger 12v one to test
    Can pick em up dirt cheap at any op shop usually ie console power bricks with a 12v 5A rail and a 5v 2 A one (just needs some wiring of new plugs )

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  16. Markswift2003

Sorry, you're right - when I said 48W I knew it was 2A but I was in Crestron world where everything is 24v.

Power supply for the new units is the same as the old ones - 24W, so yeah, given the power requirements of the Zidoo there's not much left over for USB power.

But as I say the power available from the USB sockets is ultimately defined by the spec of the voltage regulators on the board and I'm not sure what that is - they're not marked with a model number but they are incredibly small, so upping the external power would likely make no difference as those VRs would have been spec'd for the supplied brick.

Bottom line, if you're using a traditional hard disc on USB, use an external power supply. It may work without, or it may not.

17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

IME, you should always use external HDDs that have their own power supplies ... especially for high bit rate media streaming. I consider a self powered USB attached HDD as a temporary connection only. Not to mention, it can totally vary as to how much current an external HDD will draw depending on the model and manufacturer...

Markswift2003 and Pete B like this.
  18. KJC

KJC Member

I'm having about three 4TB external HDDs that I was using with my TV, all connected all the time, via 3 meter USB extension cord for last 2 yrs but never had any heating issue or abruptly stopped playback but with Z9X pro the HDDs will heat up fast. I'm now thinking about connecting a cooling fan to my Zidoo device.

19. KJC

KJC Member

Under Display menu there is a setting Screen ratio and a sub-setting "Display Mode" with 3 options:
    1. Compression
    2. Screen Cover
    3. Compression(GUI)

Any ideas what this is for and which sub-setting must be selected?

20. Markswift2003

Unless you have a 2.35:1 projector screen don't worry about it.

KJC likes this.