Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

I did notice some similar things last night. All my stuff is MKV but I did notice that if I have resolution at 4k sometimes it would play back 4k files at 1080p. Not readily reproducible, and on the second try it would work

2. KJC

KJC Member

The issue has been resolved after updating on .75_G.
    Thanks for your input. :)

3. KJC

KJC Member

But there is no setting for DV in this thread.
    I really need someone to guide me with the DV setting....I'm unable to see any difference between HDR and SDR content.
    Really wanna see what VS10 engine can do when engaged.

DV being 12 bit should render colors more smoothly than HDR, right?

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i play everything with DV VS10and some are x264
    i watch a lot of 720/1080p tv epis majority are x265

To me they have always looked way better with the vs10 added ( 2 Pana DV OLEDs)

Only way for you to really know is to play some of the differing file types in HDR auto ,then swap to VS10 and see which you enjoy watching more

joey_corleone likes this.
  5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

DV is normally 8 bit with a seperate embeeded 1080p ? stream containing the DV info as far as i know
    If your tv can do this type ,its the preferred way
    12 bit DV is just another way to get same thing

KJC likes this.
  6. limitz

limitz Member

This is correct. From a different thread the change from input led to output led options were at the behest of Dolby themselves. Maybe I misunderstood the issue though...

That said, there is a thread here that compares SDR, VS 10 converted SDR, and native HDR of the same frame. The VS10 conversion is really good and almost identical to the HDR.

The issue is that VS10 converted SDR should still be at SDR brightness (roughly 60-80 on LG OLEDs to match the 100nit mastering), not default DV brightness settings of 100.

I have 2x DV settings on my LG. Standard which has brightness set to 75 for VS10 converted SDR content. The 2nd is "Cinema Home" with brightness set to 100 for native HDR/DV content.

7. Since I updated my Z9X Pro to 1.0.75, my blu ray movies keep stuttering and show jerking motion.

has anybody else experienced this issue?

8. limitz

limitz Member

MKVs have been stuttering for me too. I notice it especially on DV VS10 output mode.

Before the stuttering issue was limited to resume on pause. Last night I noticed random stuttering on several SDR mkvs that were set to output to DV VS10.

9. Is there any way to go back to 1.0.65 firmware?

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

For simplicity set HDR to Auto. Then HDR10 is sent as HDR10, DV is sent as DV and SDR as SDR. There is no processing done by the VS10 engine Your TV will then do the processing.

Personally I have mine set for everything to be sent as DV. So for my LG C2 that means DV is sent untouched (TV led), but HDR and SDR are processed by the VS10 engine. I just prefer it that way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    vddan likes this.
  11. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

Hello, a lot of problems also on this version.
    sound and image jerks on mkv

12. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

All i have seen Player led is better than TV LED in some movies which is strange so far. Besides i use 12 bit in all color profiles which really enhanced my OLED picture quality as compared to 10 bit.

13. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

I want to say thanks to answer my all previous queries but let you know 1.0.75 so far fixed all my framerate and smooth playback issue even my colors are not warm anymore. So, It was a FW issue. i only have some minor blur issues in HDR profile 1 those contains HDR10+
    Atmos sound stutter in some movies but not very noticeable

14. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

i had stuttering after update, removed 12v power supply, then started again player, and looks like now everything works normaly. maybe this helps...

15. That was the first thing I did. Didn't work.

16. Does anybody know how to use a previous firmware?

17. Mario Luiz

Mario Luiz New Member

Hey guys! Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I'm a basic user and I'm still on version v1.0.52. I would like to update to this version but I am having difficulty finding a tutorial here on the Forum to help me with this update. My question is, to update, just move the update file to a Pendrive and use the "USB update" option without the need to extract the file or create a folder with a specific name?

18. xskip

xskip Active Member

yes. dont unzip. no specific name, just select the file.

Mario Luiz likes this.
  19. Mario Luiz

Mario Luiz New Member

Thank u

20. I went back to Version 1.0.52. It solved the stuttering issue. :)