1.2.40_BETA/1.2.70_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Miki222

Miki222 Member

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but no one has written about it yet. I noticed after installing the latest Beta software that the developers have implemented !!! dynamic logos on Tidal !!! , which made me very happy. Thank you very much for that! For now, they only move in the Eversolo Controller, but I hope they will start moving in the A6, A8 units as well. I use Samsung tablets and Fold phones.

2. Houdini

Houdini Member

- Mac OS app crashes a lot more frequently now (doesn't matter what service is used, qobuz, Apple Music, radio paradise)

- Sound stutters and audio glitches happen when I use my remote to change display view. Short bursts of interrupted audio.

-Turning on different digital components that are connected to A6 cause also short glitch/interuption in audio playback, used as dac or transport, it's the same thing.

- Lot more song skips and switching by itself, a third way in to a song, or half way it will just switch to the next one

- QOBUZ- one thing I have noticed is that it will not play Qobuz song that was playing before turning the device of, on power up, the song just buffers, if you go to the qobuz app it also "connect" buffers, if I turn on a different song using any different service, radio for example, with in the few moments of the song playing it will switch to qobuz song from before. It's pretty weird.

Still hoping that "screen saver off" function can be added.
    and full support for Chord Qutest Dac native DSD

Very impressive update, thank you. Definitely love the added icons on home page, excellent. Overall the A6 has been stable with only problems I have mentioned above, the apps on the iOS and Mac OS have been crashing but it's pretty easy to restart them, so not the end of the world.

Been using the A6 (mostly with USB connection into Chord Qutest DAC) but also directly with Musical Fidelity A1, Hegel H95 and CA CXA61.
    Connected via ethernet to network

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We've been trying to reproduce it, tried every possibility, but three weeks have passed and we've gotten nothing:(
    Can you explain all your environments, connected devices, and playback methods?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  4. mirror

service@zidoo.tv
    Ask him to forward it to Bob

5. Houdini

Houdini Member

Hi, yeah sure. Like I said it's been happening on the daily, as I am home for the holidays and spinning music pretty much non stop.

Location US
    Powersource - Furman Power Conditioner

Primary ways of listening:

Qobuz native, USB stick DSD files, Apple Music, CD transport optical input, Radio Paradise, very seldom via airplay... that's what I use for the most part.

Connected Devices currently:

A6 - RCA to Musical Fidelity A1 Aux2 inputs.
    A6- USB into Chord Qutest (Dac) On source page it does not show DSD support even tho the dac has it. The Dac also connects via RCA connections into my amps (CXA61, Hegel H95, Musical Fidelity A1) Same with the CD transport, it connects to the Chord as well.
    USB Stick connected to A6

USB Cable (swapped it) either one that comes with A6 or Qutest.

Audiolab 6000CDT - Optical into A6
    Audiolab 6000CDT - BNC/coax into Chord Qutest

The input of Audiolab will also get intermittently interrupted if I am switching VU or exiting screensaver (clock) tho only for a very quick moment and it continues playing normal.

Speakers connected currently are KLH Model 5s.

Ethernet cord connected between A6 and TP Link Deco device.

Controlling the A6 comes primarily with A6 remote, Mac OS eversolo app, which has been crashing a lot since the last two updates. (everything is up to date)

I have to say I use the USB into Chord Qutest the most, while A6 sounds excellent I prefer the laidback sonics of the chord for some program. I do often switch to A6 Dac when seeking a punchier more up front presentation. Either way it works for me as an excellent digital transport and as Dac as well.

----- The second screenshot is to show how Radioparadise sample rate is displayed wrong. it should be 44.1kHz.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Attached Files:

6. Troykm

Troykm New Member

Feedback on the beta. I’ve been using it for a few days now and:

Love the new Apple Music update. Much smoother.
    Software seems to be super stable.
    Unit runs cool. The out of the box software made the A6 run quite warm. Not anymore.
    App runs great on iPad/iphone. Cast mode remains strong.

just love the A6 so far.

Nutul likes this.
  7. dmp6

dmp6 Member

In the DSD DoP mode, when the DMP-A6 is connected to a Mac, as a DAC over USB C input, DSD is limited to 256. DSD512 isn't supported. Has this been addressed?

8. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I think this is USB related (data transfer speeds) and has nothing to do with the A6.

9. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Well, the manual says otherwise (see specs on page 4)

USB-C Audio Input USB compatibility: Windows (7,10,11), Mac, Android, IOS Support up to stereo DSD512, PCM 768KHz 32Bit, MQA

10. Bergholdt

True. Looks like it.

Earlier firmware had DSD bugs.

I don’t use the inputs though, but HDMI had bugs with DSD output which was fixed in a later firmware.

dmp6 likes this.
  11. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Right, I reported those as well and were fixed with 1.2.30. Hence asking here if the DSD256 limitation has been addressed with this update.

12. I'm not so sure that it will always be DSD 512. There is the caveat in the manual "up to". I don't know what would "throttle" it but I read that as possible but not always guaranteed/achieveable.

USB-C Audio Input USB compatibility: Windows (7,10,11), Mac, Android, IOS Support up to stereo DSD512, PCM 768KHz 32Bit, MQA

Joao Correa likes this.
  13. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

dmp6 likes this.
  14. dmp6

dmp6 Member

JamOne likes this.
  15. Bergholdt

My A6 has been sold (I use A8 now) but I’m fairly sure that I could output D2P DSD512 2ch via HDMI out.

Is it possible to choose D2P with your digital out?

16. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

D2P is different. In fact the A6 would convert internally DSD to PCM and steam this through HDMI. DoP is a way to send DSD over a PCM connection. It is using PCM but it’s in fact sending a DSD stream that is exactly the same of the native

17. Bergholdt

OK. Guess I learned something new then… :)

JamOne likes this.
  18. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Yes exactly as @JamOne linked earlier, it’s best to stay away from Mac’s in case you’re after DSD.
    I can confirm that I’m getting full DSD512 as documented, with Linux. Same should be the case with Windows, but I didn’t test it yet. On Mac max will be DSD256 due to the DoP limitation.

Nutul likes this.
  19. Joao Correa

Joao Correa New Member

Hi! My version is always 2.12 and it says that the firmware is up to date. So automatic update is not possible.
    It gives me te possibility to receive beta versions. I would like to know if beta versions are safe ?
    Any way, why the automatic update to 2.30 doesn’t work. I’m in Lisbon.
    Thanks

enisio likes this.
  20. mirror

Thanks, solved the switch next track sometimes issue.