Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for your support - much appreciated

2. Sigikid64

Sigikid64 New Member

Hi guys,

I have problem with jellyfin playback on my Zidoo z9x (firmware 6.4.62 G) and the latest jellyfin Android
    TV client 0.16.2.

I cannot get multichannel audio (AC3 or DTS) through to my AVR (Marantz SR8300), although it works properly with HT.
    Jellyfin always transcodes into 2-channel PCM, although I have enabled in the Jellyfin settings direct passthrough and have ticked AC3 and DTS compatible playback device !?!
    What I am missing here?

Furthermore I cannot playback via the internal Zidoo player, only Exoplayer and LibVLC work,
    but both with the audio limitation (2 channel pcm audio only) - I get with the internal player always the error message „cannot playback video“

Any idea, what I could do to solve this, as playback via the internal player should also solve my audio problem, (given that is working fine with HT)?
    The direct path option is not accessible via the standard Android TV client and anyway will not work for me, as my jellyfin server is at a different location and I need to stream from it via the internet…

any suggestion how I could solve the audio or player problem would be very welcome…

Thanks!

3. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Pretty sure that this is your problem.
    AFAIK, the internal Zidoo player can only be used over local networks.

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Local network of a closed section only as my NAS is placed in a remote location although in the same network, Jellyfin doesn’t connect at all.

5. ostybe

ostybe New Member

Hello Everyone & Happy christmas,

I wonder why on my Zidoo UHD3000/Jellyfin0.14.10 DSD files are not working anymore. They dont start playing, Im sure they did on older Jellyfin Installs. My Server is latest Version: 10.8.13 on a Synology NAS with DSM7. I think a possibilty is also that ffmpeg has changed on the synology and thats maybe the reason for not playing DSD. If I use a client PC the DSD files play, On my iphone jellyfin-app they also play...So its more likly a problem with the jellyfin-zidoo androidtvapp. I see no possiblily to configure something for audio transcode settings. Can anyone check if DSD files are playing on their system with jellyfin 14.10 ? Thank you Chris

6. Ordinator

Ordinator New Member

Hey all, is there a way to have both jellyfin clients, Andy's one and official? When i try to install other one with one installed already it does not show up in app list.
    For some reason z9x pro player refuses to see external subs when playing http stream, default one that app uses is fine, the only way i made it work with Andy's version and direct play from smb share, it tries to transcode otherwise with unsupported sub reason, HT over smb sees and plays subs too, so its not compatibility issue. Embedded in mkv subs works fine.

7. Sigikid64

Sigikid64 New Member

Thanks for this info - I was afraid that this is the issue, but thought that maybe someone got it nonetheless to work...

On the other hand, can also "live" with the exoplayer option. The video is ok for me, if I could only find a way to get AC3 and DTS multichannel output to work (instead of everything transcoded to 2ch PCM).

As written in the earlier post I enabled all relevant audio setup options in the Jellyfin client and in principle it should work, but it doesn't - whilst the audio from HT works flawlessly...?!!

Anyone who can give me a hint here?

Thanks
    Sigikid

8. lmondoni

lmondoni New Member

Hi everyone, first of all I wanted to thank Andy for the work he has done. Sorry for my bad English, I use a translator. I have a Zidoo Z9X Pro player with Andy's apk installed (the latest beta for Android 11). I have Jellyfin server (version 10.8.13) on Macos. The Jellyfin application on Zidoo works perfectly, but I can't understand how to use the Zidoo player to play the contents I have on Jellyfin, if I move to Home Theater 4.0 it finds nothing. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you

Luca

9. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

If you want to use HT4 as well, then you have to add your file shares to HT4's own configuration, and it has to then scan for content itself to build it's own library. It does not use Jellyfin server in any way, for that you stick with the Jellyfin client... Andy's or regular (Andy's of course being the better choice due to direct play support)

10. lmondoni

lmondoni New Member

Thanks for the reply. How do I add file shares to the configuration on HT4? Sorry but I'm not yet very familiar with this player, it arrived a few days ago.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Having a new year reshuffle...

Created dedicated Jellyfin & Plex forums.

Hope no-one gets lost :)

Six66Mike likes this.
  12. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Awesome news, I think I asked for something similar in one of my first posts haha

Can you move http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/jellyfintv-zidoo-edition-support-post.93902/ to the Jellyfin forum

There's a Plex forum at the top of http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/general-development.9/ but I didn't look beyond the first page to see if anything else should be moved.

13. Markswift2003

Done.

That Plex post is just a redirect I set for 24 hours after I moved it to the new forum.

Six66Mike likes this.
  14. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

@Markswift2003 Maybe the first post on this thread should be updated now, as Andy is working on the project again?

15. Markswift2003

I think the majority of this thread covers the standard version now so it's probably best to start a new thread if that happens.

Six66Mike likes this.
  16. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

Hmm ok; but there is still detail and discussion in here for all Andy's work; and it would be good to get notified when a new version might appear on this thread. It is still relevant.

17. Markswift2003

There's nothing stopping that.

Six66Mike and Zaudio like this.
  18. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Wouldn't Andy just update it himself when he's ready to drop new info?

19. Sunset1982

Sunset1982 New Member

Hey guys! I'mmin search for a good solution to keep on using my z9x pro. I have a plex server and a z9x pro. I want to use the internal zidoo player that I can playback all audiocodecs, vodeoformats and dolby vision.

I now found out, that the z9x pro doesnt work good wirh plex. the plex app doesnt support the zidoo player and zdmc doesnt work with plexkodiconnect.

Now the idea is, to build a jellyfin server and use the jellyfin app. Does the newest official jellyfin app support dv and hd audio formats or do I need a special build? What is the "Andy Version"?

20. robsainz

robsainz New Member

IIRC, you can play anything on the official jellyfin app for the G versions of the zidoo firmware. You only need to set it to use the External Player (ie. zidoo player).

The Andy Version is this APK you have to sideload: github.com/Andy2244/jellyfin-androidtv-zidoo