Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Markswift2003, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Tentakelpolyp

Tentakelpolyp New Member

I got my DMP-A8 at christmas, i like the sound very much, but i am going to return it, cause there is no Roon support. I bought the device with the information it is "Roon Ready", but unfortunately it is not. Will there be an update in that certification process very soon or does it need longer time? Probably there will never be a "Roon Ready" status cause of the accommodation from Roon Company to Harman / Samsung. I really need to know that, cause then i would return my DMP-A8 and buy a DMP-A6 instead cause the A6 can work with roon.
    Thanks for help
    Tom

2. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

"Probably there will never be a "Roon Ready" status cause of the accommodation from Roon Company to Harman / Samsung" This is a conspiracy theory. What interest does Samsung have in blocking access to Roon for the AMP A8?.In fact, the certification is done by Roon, so if you want to blame someone for the delay, blame Roon (although maybe they have more important things to do during the holidays than to test the new devices received from various manufacturers) not on Eversolo. Apart from that, the manufacturer's software seems to me to be better than Roon, but this is something subjective.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    Anøtek and Nutul like this.
  3. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Since Zidoo is not a major competitor to Samsung/Harman it is difficult to see them blocking or interfering with the certification of the DMP-A8. What is a major concern is the level of urgency may have changed in the middle of an acquisition. Roon was already notoriously, "random" in terms of how long and what priority is given to certifications. But I'm hoping with Zidoo's extensive portfolio of certified products, they can be pushed through rather quickly.....albeit, its already been over 3 months since Roon received a DMP-A8 to test.

Tentakelpolyp likes this.
  4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I don’t remember seeing Roon Ready mentioned for the A8.

5. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

? Eversolo does not advertise it as Roon Ready (lesson learned from A6 debacle). However, if you write them, they'll tell you that the A8 was submitted over three months ago to Roon to be certified as Roon Ready. So its well known that Roon Ready is not an "if" but a "when." At which time, I would fully expect Eversolo will updating their marketing materials.

FWIW - Audiophonics told me that the A8 was Roon Ready. So if they've made some mistakes, I'm sure other dealers have.

6. ammar11

Yes, we all know they’re waiting for Roon Labs, but my point is Eversolo never promised it in their advertising.

https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A8/target/uXoirEESmeVKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

My comment was in response to the post by @Tentakelpolyp :

“ I bought the device with the information it is "Roon Ready", but unfortunately it is not.”

That’s not true.

7. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Technically, yes, Eversolo has been very careful with the A8. As I stated already above - they clearly learned from the A6 experience. So I would agree that Eversolo never advertised it as being Roon Ready. But let's not pretend that some of their dealers may have told some customers that it was Roon Ready. Would you like me to post the Audiophonics email I received? I don't want to do that because I like them and believe it was a mistake...but it misled me, nonetheless. Moreover, I'm pretty sure some reviewers mentioned that it was not Roon Ready but that they were told that it was in the process of being certified. Point being - Eversolo has handled this properly in my opinion but let's not make those of us that bought the thing believing it was/or will be Roon Ready as a bunch of idiots. And FWIW - this idiot believes it will be certified, so I'm keeping mine.

8. ammar11

Oh my God, I never ever talked about Audiophonics or any other dealers, I was talking about Eversolo. My post wasn’t even directed at you.

Whatever.

9. Tentakelpolyp

Tentakelpolyp New Member

As @multisport4me wrote. Same here, my dealer sold it to me as "Roon Ready". I have some days to wait before the return time of the DMP-A8 is over, but it is useless to me if it can't handle Roon. And after three month of certification process, it seems not to be a quick process. I am using Roon with everything and i am used to it. BTW, it is legit to ask back about such things, so need to be aggressive or offending. It was just a neutral question, how about the certification process is forward. It seems there is no official answer about that, so i will return that and buy a DMP-A6 as Roon Transport for my extern DAC. Seems the better working solution to me and much better as to lose 2000 Euro.
    And a discussion if the internal Eversolo firmware is better then "Roon" is useless too, cause people who are using "Roon" are used to it and don't want to change to another platform. Same with Audirvana Users etc you use what you prefer. It's a kind of personal taste and i never doubt about that Eversolo Software, i just asked for the "Roon Ready" status update, cause it is important to know.
    Kindly regards
    Tom

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  10. ammar11

You buy things believing 100% from the dealer? Never bothered to check with the Eversolo website, the manufacturer? It’s not 1960’s. You only got yourself to blame.

I’m so tired of this forum, adios.

11. Tentakelpolyp

Tentakelpolyp New Member

@ammar11

Holy moly, you are the aggressive guy eh? I am always wondering in forums that people with the most biggest signatures of crap have the biggest loud mouth shout out. i will block you now. i prefer friendly people around.
    Probably some official moderators can handle that aggressive guy? I just asked back when it is "Roon Ready" nothing else or more. I did nothing wrong, to offend me or treat me in that way.

Kindly regards
    Tom

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    Marco79 and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  12. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

It wasn't my intention to upset you, it's your decision but, I repeat, I'm sure that not long from now the DMP A8 will be Roon ready, so you'd be making a mistake to give it up. Did you ask this question on Roon community as well? From what I remember, those from the technical team answer. I didn't search there because I didn't have time.

Nutul likes this.
  13. Tentakelpolyp

Tentakelpolyp New Member

@bogdanozaurus
    Thank you very much, you are right. I will open a ticket to Roon support too and friendly ask back. Probably a much better idea to do. And you never upset me, it was that "ammar11" guy who upset me totally unfriendly. I ignored him, it is the best you can do in open forums if people are toxic or try to get over you.

multisport4me likes this.
  14. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

I have a Marantz TT-15S1 and can I plug the RCAs from the Marantz directly into the RCA analog inputs on the DMP-A8 or do I need a phono stage in the middle? I assume a phono stage, but thought I better ask.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You most probably need a phono stage.

TheGovnah likes this.
  16. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Yes phono required some modern turntables ( and even some older ones) had RIAA built in, but generally you need a phono stage.
    Keith

Nutul and TheGovnah like this.
  17. Cigi

Cigi New Member

I am perplexed that it is not possible to support a sub over rca and high pass the mains through the xlr. Why not ? Can we expect it to come by fw update

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Because they are not separate outputs, but replicated. You can eventually hi-pass, but both RCAs and XLRs would be affected. Due to this it's highly impossible a fw update could change the behavior.

fofocho likes this.
  19. karipu

karipu Member

No MultiChannel Native DSD via HDMI!? The most important feature is left out!? Insane decision.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It is there on the A6...