Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. KJC

KJC Member

If it is SOC then why H265/HEVC Main10 at level 5.1 for 4k60FPS video having about 100mbps bit rates is also stuttering?

I still beleive Zidoo isn't using powerful processor. Tried both X264(Non supported) and X265(supported) in mkv container but anything over 100mbps stutters.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Zidoo uses:

movieName.nfo
    movieName-poster.jpg
    movieName-fanart.jpg

And additionally for collections:

collectionName-poster.jpg
    collectionName-fanart.jpg

For example:

upload_2024-1-1_10-4-35.png

clueluzz likes this.
  3. goral

goral New Member

what if we have movies in folders?

for example
    upload_2024-1-1_12-37-2.png

Ace Ventura [Pack] - Ace Ventura Collection-poster.jpg

in folder Ace.Ventura.Pet.Detective.1994 have Ace.Ventura.Pet.Detective.1994-poster.jpg

i tried Ace Ventura Pet Detective-poster.jpg but it still doesn't work

4. Markswift2003

You use the file name for MKVs and folder name for ISOs/BDMVs.

5. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I also use tmm for the automatic renaming. I never had a problem.
    And my tmm don't creates any . (Dot's) between the words in the file or folder name.
    My scanning settings in Hometheater 4 are all set to intelligent, nfo parse is set to alternative

6. Markswift2003

I decided not to go down the rabbit hole as to why the dots were there...

Three rules for media scraping:

1. Get the name right
    2. Get the name right
    3. Get the name right

7. KJC

KJC Member

Tried multiple X265/HEVC 4k60FPS(80-100mbps) videos and it still stutter. Now why is it still stuttering?

8. Markswift2003

Can you post an example file?

9. Markswift2003

Really struggling to replicate this.

I obviously have a copy of Gemini Man which is 59.940fps, is pretty much the only HFR movie I own (I hate HFR!!), and that plays butter smooth.

As you can imagine I have a rather large collection of test files including 4K59 and 4K60 HEVC files in all HDR modes but without exception, they all play just fine. These all have bitrates in excess of 40Mbps and some peak at 90Mbps but as I say, all play just fine.

Since the THD bug was fixed the only playback issue I can find (other than certain home brew videos in which I have no interest) is the occasional "slow" playback documented elsewhere. I certainly can't find an issue that's related to bitrate and/or frame rate.

10. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

You've probably said before but I can't remember, are you playing these files over WiFi or ethernet or are they on local storage in the Zidoo? I know I had a problem at one point with stuttering and it turned out that the ethernet was showing a 100Mbit connection instead of 1000Mbit. So I had to unplug and then replug the cable for it to register at the correct 1000Mbit and then the stuttering went away.

11. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Mine has issues with Gemini Man too, I have the full original disk bitrate version, I posted above about it. They are more like micro stutters, but I can still notice them. It's harder to notice with 23p content, but sometimes even with LotR, when the bitrate gets close or over 100Mbps I can notice some micro stutters. I have everything connected through 1Gb network, wired. I get between 80 and 100MB read/write speed between my PC and the Zidoo server, so plenty enough speed to handle 100Mbps bitrates, so not sure why the stutters. I had no activity on the HDDs.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If your write speed between your PC and the Zidoo is peaking at 100MB - maybe that is your problem? I had the same issue as @bowlingbeeg where my ethernet connection was showing as 100Mbit in the Zidoo settings and not 1000Mbit. It only came to light when I played very high bit rate UHD rips and I was seeing stuttering. In my case replacing the patch cable between my router and the Zidoo fixed that.

13. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

100MBps is not the same as 100Mbps. 100MBps is over 800Mbps. So there is no issue with the connection, I get almost the entire 1Gbps network speed, which would be around 120MBps. Zidoo also shows 1.0Gbps connection.

So, a movie's 100Mbps is around 12.5MBps, which is way bellow the 80-100MBps I get between my PC and Zidoo.

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Doh my bad!

Azreil24 likes this.
  15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I have Gemini Man...straight MKV 4K rip.... it plays butter smooth for me... As well as the LOTR 4Ks... Are your files accessed through a separate PC or a NAS?... NOTE: I guess I really should not have replied in this thread as I have the Z9x, not the Pro...sorry.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  16. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Same here, my H265 4k60 files plays butter smooth but I didn't check Gemini Man completely on it. My test encodes of 4k60 H265 were about 35-40Mbps and seems to play fine.

Let's agree to disagree because I think HFR is the way to go! The sheer clearness of Gemini Man not only for the motion but also the extraordinary camera they used (no grain!), whatever that is, should be how all movies are shot from now on but it won't happen since people want their messy motion blurry cinematic effect in their movies :p Too bad Gemini Man is not a good movie. They should shoot at 60 and let the player downgrade to 23.976 with a player setting for the people who prefer it.

Digidog likes this.
  17. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Do you have a test file we can try?

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Isnt all the files your having issues with , 4k60 files created on an iphone in apples preferred(only theirs) .mov files ?

Plenty of us have movies like Gemini Man 4k60 and have zero stutters with it because its in a version the zidoo h/w supports and doesnt have to be s/w played

19. KJC

KJC Member

Not all but some video files have been created in iPhone and Samsung devices. It's an extremely important family footage so I tried changing encoders, containers etc using handbrake, mkvtoolnix avidmux but no luck. Some videos are natively shot in X265 that too are stuttering.

Practically it doesn't matter if its a video file recorded by a phone or a movie rip as long as its falling under the supported encoders and formats. In my case both X264 & X265 with high bit-rates are showing weird stutter.

Thanks for showing interest y'all.
    Now at work place, will be sharing the test file sooner.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  20. Creator44

Creator44 Member

I never owned an android phone but I remember once trying to playback a 4k60 video filmed with my iphone and it was either not playing at all or playing very badly. I think it was when I tried to play it in Plex on the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

The files coming from an iPhone are weird. I think their framerate is a weird number, etc. It's not just that they are in .mov format. I don't remember the details, but when I examined it with mediainfo they were not standard. Thanks Apple again I guess.

A re-encode should fix that "weird Apple format" problem though? I never tried myself to reencode them as I don't really have anything of value from my iPhone.

DennisTheMenace and KJC like this.