Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. supermood

supermood Active Member

in the Zidoo player I can anyway not see if the player is decoding? have to check also!

2. Nissel

Nissel Member

No not colour depth, but for example 4k file being scaled down to 1080p to reduce the file size to play remotely over the internet.

supermood likes this.
  3. supermood

supermood Active Member

thanks! OK that's one thing I will never do. puhh. a 4k movie is a 4k movie if not enough bandwidth I read a book

Nissel likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Already answered but no, transcoding is neither used, needed nor relevant with a Zidoo player.

10-bit vs 8-bit is lower bit depth not bit rate. Transcoding can change both bit rate and bit depth to the detriment of image quality.

1080p and lower streams are generally encoded in 8-bit 4:2:0
    4K streams are generally encoded in 10-bit 4:2:0

Recommended settings are 10-bit 4:2:0 for 50~60Hz and 10-bit 4:4:4 for 23~30Hz.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/

12-bit 4:2:2 is generally used for Player Led Dolby Vision (although 10/12-bit 4:4:4/RGB is also allowed if the display supports them) and automatically override the above settings.

5. supermood

supermood Active Member

yes sorry my settings are
    10-bit 4:2:0 for 50~60Hz and 10-bit 4:4:4 for 23~30Hz.

and good, many thanks!
    at least I can take my z9 through the house if emby doesn't work anymore ;)

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Howd the upscaled 4k Voyager episodes look like in the end supermood ? I found them very good especially with vs10 on

7. supermood

supermood Active Member

really really good. 100% difference was a great idea from you! thanks again!

I think vs10 is always on in my z9 setting. bj the files are hdr not dv? and I'm watching it via emby on TV. sound is not good enough for 9 speaker... ;)

and PS, direct play possible, no transcoding. I've checked ;)

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

yep files are just 10 bit mkvs from mem
    I read it takes like near a day to convert each epi to 4k using the Topaz AI upscale from dvd or bray scourced epis

I didnt mind the huge amount of Hdd space the TNG Discovery Voyager epis take up ...just hoping the best of those early series Enterprise gets the AI up too :)

9. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

What's up with the subtitle downloader? I have English setup, the subs show as English in the list but when downloaded they show as Danish and the only content of the subs is this text. Happens with any movie.

Attached Files:

10. supermood

supermood Active Member

I recommend to read 20 or 40 pages here somewhere then you see it's not working ;)
    not only your problem..

11. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

It worked just fine until yesterday. I updated to 1.0.75 and seems to work now, but instead of the specific source name for each, now it shows the same name for all. I swear, this box is buggier than nVidia drivers. It gets buggier as I use it.

Attached Files:

fnhanks likes this.
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Has been like that for awhile - at least in 1.0.65. Makes it very hard to determine if subs are suitable. They should revert to old method

xskip likes this.
  13. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Did not upgrade to 1.0.65, I stayed with 1.0.58, which came out of the box, until today. Subs downloads worked just fine until yesterday, not sure what happened since then as I never changed anything. At least it's working now and downloading actual usable subs.

14. Nissel

Nissel Member

The opensubtitles.org API seems to changed recently which is causing problems for anything using it.

15. Markswift2003

Causing problems for other boxes too - this is why I try not to rely too much on the vagaries of the internet as much as possible.

I've never really understood why downloading subtitles at runtime is a thing - surely you just grab the subs you need when you rip (etc...).

16. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Not all releases might have English subs. Even so, the functionality is there so there is no excuse for it not to work. If we find excuses for each non-working function, then why do we pay for these things?

17. Markswift2003

Pragmatism.

18. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

When that pragmatism is plagued by bugs, it makes it hard to justify even so. Sadly all products of its type are flawed.

19. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

hello friends, Happy new year !!
    I have a problem with zidoo z2600, received today, impossible to access my hard drives, whether with smb or nfs the scan does not give anything.
    with sheild+ kodi and apple tv+ infuse no problem, I have an apk and I can find my hard drives without problem but not with home theater!!!
    I did the last beta update but it didn't change anything.

20. KJC

KJC Member

Is new firmware out?