Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Haha, no worries. The Pro I expected at least to perform the same as the Z9X, although it is said that it's faster. And yes, I play the files which are stored on a PC.

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Well FWIW, while I only use NAS storage for my sources... I have heard of some people indeed having some problems when the source files are stored and accessed from a Windows PC.. just due to all the other overhead processes and/ or other Windows garbage getting in the way. I assume the stuttering remains .. .not only after rebooting your PC, but don't forget to reboot your router once in while too... that can definitely help with weird network bandwidth issues. Otherwise if you have a large enough USB stick, put one of your problem files (or even a partial of it) and access it locally on your Pro for comparison.....

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I see this a bit
    Its always when my PC has sat a few days with the d/l windows update files sitting there and i havent done a reset yet...everything on the PC slows down more and more til i do the Update,then its all fine again ,,,,it can cause even just TV epis to run like theyre in wet Tar over the Lan to the Zidoos ie ive seen it a lot on my Z9X and a couple times since i got the Pro

Its mostly cos i never turn my PC off got in the habit while mmorpg gaming and i havent accts up running the game 24/7 :p or im just d/l too much

4. Azrael

Azrael Member

Hello

I have a brand new Z2000 Pro, i allways use this movie to stress out the system (because 4K 60FPS HDR) and it plays flawlessly.

With stable firmware

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  5. goral

goral New Member

any ETA on new firmware?

KristianR likes this.
  6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Scheduled within this week ;)

Simon Belmont and KristianR like this.
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Is that a guess or do you have some insider knowledge?!

8. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

It’s been scheduled within this week for the past 3 weeks. Don’t get your hopes up. This is like waiting for Tesla FSD. “Two weeks”

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

That information comes from Markswift2003

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm not saying anything so I don't jinx it.

dr4go, DennisTheMenace and blenky like this.
  11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Some times the schedule is changed but let’s hope a near release :(

12. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Within this week... but they forget to write which week and in which year.

13. supermood

supermood Active Member

experts! I need a new nas I want to stay with synology. I now have learned that there are no with igpu :(
    my current 918+ has graphics in. I have no clue if I ever used it in the last years. no clue!

I really don't understand the topic - but can I say with the usual files I'm watching like mkv 264, 265 and hevc (whatever that is I'm coming from the synology discord ;) and a 4k setup at home, I will not and never need transcoding because the z9x pro can direct play these files??

Thanks!!

@Markswift2003 that's probably a question for you because I have to be sure before migrating all the data on a new one... THANKS!!

14. Nissel

Nissel Member

You only need an igpu if you are transcoding video, like running a Plex server which converts files on the fly for clients that can't play the format directly.

If you are using a player like a Zidoo or anything else accessing the file via SMB or NFS the igpu is not used or needed

supermood likes this.
  15. supermood

supermood Active Member

yes! I will not watch on a phone or whatever. emby on 4k lg oled, z9x pro living room. emby on a s9 ultra tablet. I think that's it. 3 times on wood!

thanks!

16. Nissel

Nissel Member

Ah the Emby server is similar to Plex server and it does transcode via hardware (igpu) so for best compatibility an Intel based NAS might be best as they tend to have igpus that support Quicksync

17. supermood

supermood Active Member

there is no synology with Intel anymore. I need 2 esata for extension. only one with Intel are very small ones.

do you think my emby is transcoding? I know it can but my question was, do I need that?

I know I can check while playing but I never have. I thought in tjese times with modern end clients like the z9x pro that's not needed anymore.

18. Nissel

Nissel Member

Oh yeah they have switched to AMD, interesting.

The zidoo is probably fine but the other clients mentioned might not be. Transcoding also happens if you watch the files remotely at a lower bit rate.

You can try playing some files from various Emby clients and look at the status on the client or server to see if it's transcoding. I'm not familiar with Emby but I assume it shows it somewhere.

19. supermood

supermood Active Member

oh my the topic gets more complex every hour. probably fine is not enough for a 1000eur device and I don't know how many hours to get it migrated. I cannot go to qnap so easily I would need 80tb (in a raid so efective maybe 10 *12tb) new hds to copy that's crazy
    I've checked ten files all play direct. I have to search for more complex I guess. not sure how.

20. supermood

supermood Active Member

with lower bit rate you mean a 10bit movke watching in 8? and the other way? I'm using the recommended settings here with 422 12b 23hz I thought no movie has that format all are 420 and 8 bit.....