New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. maddib

maddib Member

I also updated to the latest firmware and got a new problem with DSD playback I didn't have with 1.1.75. I use the A6 as a roon endpoint. The A6 is connected to my Denon AVR via HDMI. HDMI mode is set to native/multichannel.
    I have some DSD albums with dsf files which produce problems when trying to play them. The screenshot shows the issue from the roon client.
    Some dsf files (sometimes) give a message in roon saying "nothing playing", though the file is selected to be played. Only after 3 to 4 times pressing the play button, the file is actually played. This happens with files from different albums. I couldn't find a workaround, and in most cases it is reproducible.
    If roon happens to choose different affected files in a row, through shuffle or playlist, the roon client says "too many failures", and none of these files are played.
    With firmware 1.1.75 of the A6 I never had any issues like that. And the roon version has not been changed in the meantime.
    Please fix this. Feel free to ask for more details

Update
    Issue seems to be related to HDMI output. Problem is not there if e.g. XLR is selected.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  2. kc001

kc001 Active Member

New bug(?):

Streaming from Roon to DMP-A6 via Airplay displays or converts from flac to AAC somehow, not PCM:

upload_2023-10-26_18-11-36.png
    upload_2023-10-26_18-11-48.png

if you switch to stream from Roon to DMP-A6 with the A6 as a Roon endpoint,
    or via Tidal Direct (definitely a FLAC) from a phone app, you still get AAC:

upload_2023-10-26_18-14-5.png
    upload_2023-10-26_18-14-17.png
    upload_2023-10-26_18-16-15.png

This issue gets fixed if you reboot the A6

3. maddib

maddib Member

Hhmm... did some more tests.
    - Did a factory reset. Then, setting some major output options. No change. Problem still there.
    - What I didn't noticed, yet, there's a newly introduced background spectrum analyzer with the last firmware. It's enabled even after factory reset. Now, I disabled it. And till now, I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Will try some more. Don't know if this is the root cause.

4. maddib

maddib Member

BTW, can also confirm wrong cover art and album details on the A6's display when playing through roon. No exact idea how to reproduce this.

5. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Simple: If you notice it again, make a note of what album, track etc is playing.

6. Burki

Burki Member

Bought the DMP-A6 (after given it back some months ago) a second time and now (with the current firmware) the HDMI out is working with multichannel sources (flac and dsd) much better with my AVP in using Roon.
    But sometimes it will not play the first tracks from a playlist and jumps to the next. This occurs mostly with DSD128 and DSD256 multichannel sources.
    Setting in Roon for the eversolo the resync delay to a high value (10000 ms) will not solves this problem, but it occurs not so often.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Does this happen whan playing from Roon? So fire your question in a Roon thread. The DAC in the Eversolo A6 supportds DSD native to DSD512. If your Roon core runs on a Windows machine, you most probably need to have the driver installed; do you have it?
    Still, you use an external software, abd complain about its possible issues here. No no no, be professional, please.

8. Burki

Burki Member

No, I'm not the first in this thread with this issue with the current firmware and so I've written it down here in the eversolo forum, because I'm using the DMP-A6.
    Surely the DMP-A6 is for me one (of many other) Roon endpoints and so it's using RAAT and surely my core it's not running on a Windows machine.
    Also using other multichannel Roon endpoints without such problems (from exaSound and also MiniPCs with Rock on it).
    The current firmware is in here much better in syncing through HDMI, but it's not perfect and I won't let anyone shut me up here...

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Then, what do you suggest: Roon is the responsible for playback, but you claim the A6 is guilty? It is indeed possible that the A6 does complain about some format, but is then due to Roon to deal with it. be it a delay problem, a format problem, a whatsoever problem; do you see it?

Nobody wants you to shut up, far from us; but sometimes, knowing it all before speaking makes you more competent, you know...

10. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Err, this you may want to correct: from "Gatway" to "Gateway"

upload_2023-10-26_22-50-24.png

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Urgh... there are a lot, aaaaa lot of this poorly translated entries.
    It would be useful if they provided us, here, with a sort of text file, excel sheet, with the const definitions in the code, and the relevant string contents, so that we could massively help - not improving, but making them actually correct.
    Can you imagine 30/40 guys here dealing with 2 or 3 strings?!? In one day we'll have it all done, once and for all.
    C'mon Eversolo devs out there, we can be of help, and a substantial one!

lemongrass and TheGovnah like this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry I am a bit skeptical there. Participated in several efforts on translation into supported languages. Spend literally weeks on translations. This also with Zidoo and ended up on their "Beta test group" as all participants then did. Also using spreadsheets etc These e.g. are not simple to use without seeing the actual context, worse with English translated from Chinese as the source. No initiative really resulted in the end.

The only method that really worked is what Microsoft finally did too and is making all strings mappable from a separate source. That way languages can be changed on the fly.
    Dune did that also for their media players and those text files are even made available online. You even can put in your own version if you like or add a new language totally unsupported.

Did a struggle for:
    Song => Title (in some cases Track)
    Singer(s) => Artist(s)
    Open => Off
    Close => On
    etc and still there on some instances.

The composer Ennio Morricone made some nice albums with many titles on them but no songs and is neither as singer but still an artist. :D
    I guess on/off and open/close have similar symbols in Chinese?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

That was my whole idea...

14. Nice Monkey

Discussed this in all sorts of details with already 4 player brands counting Eversolo/Zidoo as one.

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So, are those files indeed available; and are there for the DAC-Z8 too (amd if yes, then I'd probably want to ask: how do I update them in the Z8?)?
    Sorry for bothering, and thank you very mach in advance, whatever the answers might be ;-)

16. Nice Monkey

Eversolo/Zidoo uses embedded strings not an isolated external file. Only Dune does so as far as I know for media/streaming devices.
    So not possible/available for this unit.

Nutul likes this.
  17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Was expected... it's a shame though, that we, either native, or very experienced speakers cannot contribute.

18. maddib

maddib Member

After some more tests, with disabled background spectrum analyzer, I could reproduce "nothing playing" roon message, again. Sometimes roon client even says "cannot open audio device" which sounds like a temporarily unavailable A6. I also looked at the DSD/DSF files' sizes. And it could be, that the problem comes up with rather long (multichannel) DSF tracks starting above 6 minutes and more.
    Again, I didn't have this problem with A6 firmware 1.1.75.

19. Burki

Burki Member

Same issue here.
    Additional sometimes it losts the audio device.
    The Problem occures for me (I only use HDMI out) also in using DLNA and Plex.

20. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Reading through this thread, im not sure to update.

I predominantly play music from my onboard M2 SSD, usually DSD files.
    The only streaming service I use is Apple Music.

Should I update or not?