DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Hifiman1

Hifiman1 New Member

On latest firmware and today had an issue. I have connected to a network drive over SMB and all has been good until today when the Application indicates that the library is invalid.

to try and remedy this I checked if share was still working and it is fine so I removed the library from the eversolo and tried re-adding it it now just shows waiting.

What is maximum library size as I have reached 1.3tb on the one now shown as invalid.

Does anybody have any ideas

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  2. Kopczas

Kopczas Member

Until today App was crazy fast also. Since this morning it`s lagging incredibly.

Riley likes this.
  3. Mozart

Mozart New Member

Album Tag Causes App to Crash After Sorting Alphabetically

Hi guys - I'm having a frequent app crash issue that is so bad it necessitates deleting and reinstalling the app. After sorting my library alphabetically to find a track if I sort it again to reverse the order (ie A-Z from Z-A) the app crashes. Each time I then launch the app and hit the 'Album Tab' it crashes again. The only way to resolve this is to delete and reinstall the app... very annoying. Using the latest version of the app too. Has happened 4 times now... so I simply avoid alphabetical sorting to mitigate this.

4. Mozart

Mozart New Member

I have found that it seems to slow down over time. A fresh install and it runs much quicker for some reason.

Riley likes this.
  5. Riley

Riley Member

1) The internal music player cuts off the first second or so of a song that is either directly selected or forward or backward skipped to.

2) Devices utilizing airplay for streaming are unable to control the volume of the A6 directly from their volume control buttons.

Need clarification if A6 is Airplay 1 or 2 capable. Thus far have been unable to utilize Airplay 2 multi-speaker/room groups that include the A6.

NWN, Lesfetes and enisio like this.
  6. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

Firmware 1.1.75 Qobuz issues

1. Tracks do not always play in sequence. To test, play any album and play or skip tracks. Very often, tracks do not skip or play in order.
    2. In shuffle mode the Qobuz play queue does not play in sequence. The playlist should be shuffled into the play queue and then the queue should be played in sequence so that it's possible to tell which track will play next.

7. Ron Kindel

Ron Kindel New Member

Yes, I to am perpetually stuck in shuffle mode. Albums, playlists all the same. Simply pressing play at the beginning doesn’t get me out of that blasted shuffle mode.

8. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

From what I have been doing is clearing the playlist before every new album. Sometimes I have to reboot the machine. The things Ron and Xyzzy are saying may be related to the same problem of the app getting “stuck.” I think it happened after 1.1.70 or 75 because they were released two days apart so I am not sure. I also wrote Eversolo and I will see what they say and report.

9. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

If you're using Qobuz the the shuffle mode toggle is quite difficult to find.
    On the Qobuz player, when album art is showing, the shuffle toggle is on the bottom left. On the bottom right is the queue list. I'm using the Android app.

10. Daily crashes when using TunIn

11. armstrong

armstrong New Member

Airplay cutting off, signal lost, kindly fix. Hope Airplay 2 will be integrated.

enisio, Lesfetes and Riley like this.
  12. Norweger

Norweger New Member

after the last 2 updates you still haven't managed to fix Spotify Connect volume control from mobile app that's just sad it's exactly the same on tidal.
    So for now i can't recommend eversolo to my friends that should be fixed ASAP .

13. Riley

Riley Member

I imagine they are attempting to do a mass update to resolve many problems at one time. Airplay has several stability issues currently on the A6, so it's more than the volume issue that needs to be addressed.

14. Norweger

Norweger New Member

Yes, I'm aware of that, I'll have a little patience, but I'm pretty disappointed. 2 updates and nothing has changed. That makes you really dissatisfied, especially because it worked before

15. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

This is a very old idea of jriver forum.

The Search function cannot find anything with accents. Like Sérgio, Não, átomo, à, módulo, óptimo, último.

You should make available the English text for translation of users who wants to use their own language. That should be an option to use English or other language.

Thank you.

16. UEG

UEG New Member

1. Currently when using the EverSolo app (both Android and iOS) each time you back out of an artist album folder, you are returned to the beginning of the music library. This means you are constantly scrolling back through from the beginning of the music library for each new artist.

Oddly, this does not happen when pressing the back arrow on the A6 touchscreen - as you remain on that artist folder. Brilliant - no scrolling!

Not sure if there is a bug with the Eversolo app but it it really needs resolved soon.

2. Intermittent system lockups when playing DSD DSF files (from external HDD). Requires a reboot.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    NWN likes this.
  17. Ivusking

Ivusking New Member

When playing a SACD iso.file from the internal SSD, I encountered short stops during playing the first track. Approximately 3 times. After that it is OK. Perhaps a buffering issue?

18. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

I can have more than 1 library but I can't select the one I want. I can remove one but that's not an option! In an ssd with 4 Tb, I can back up my library. And I have a NAS. So if I search something, I will get the result in all libraries and I don't know where it is till I run the file!
    I have no way to move in a 4 Tb drive. If in the middle I open a folder with several files and I select "Back", I return to the begin of drive, not that folder.

19. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ Hello ¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

Discontinuous Streaming

I opened a topic of wish but it turns out that it is rather a BUG after checking with people who have an A6.
    The topic is here.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/wishes-a6-suggestions.96150/

The moderators will swear the usefulness (or not) of moving it
    Thanks to the Eversolo team

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
  20. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

Other bug (and suggestion)

Vu Meter. Did I understand everything ...

In Settings, there is "screensaver" which allows you to manage the time to pass and "Screensaver mode" to choose your clock.
    Stop me if I'm wrong, the choice "do not put a screensaver" does not exist. It's 5 or 15 or 30 minutes, 1 or 2 hours.
    And "never" option has been forgotten ?

My suggestion :
    As long as there is music, I keep the VU meters or the wallpapers of the streams listened to.
    And when there is no music, automatically switch to a clock (or a black screen).
    Good idea or not ?

Best regards

Edit 24-07

two new minor bugs :

- When you turn on the A6, no default sound of what you were listening to before (you have to dive back into the menus)
    - Funny thing, if you cast "Music - streaming - Files - Apps - Settings" to choose your radio BUT you are still on USBc for example, well you have no sound.
    Just going to "streaming" should close USBc and open A6.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit later

Vu meter behavior based on inputs

The behavior of the vu meter is not the same according to the entries.

input A6(streamer) : Perfect. Regardless of the volume, the hands move across the entire surface. I like.
    Coax and UsbC input, varies according to volume (if you listen slowly, the hands don't move. It's logical but it's missing that I listen to music at full volume. I like less)
    Optical, the hands move a little whatever the volume.
    Here are 3 different behaviors.

I suggest a setting:
    1- Hands on the entire VM whatever the volume
    2- Hands proportional to the volume but the same on all inputs.

Have a nice day

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    lemongrass likes this.