DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

For the EverSolo controller app.
    I would like to see shortcut buttons for Input source, Music player, File explorer, Streaming, Cast, Settings.

At the bottom row. There is many pressings backward to go to main menu when using a streaming service.

Also i wish the DMP-A6 display dident wake up when i change the volume with my smartphones volume button when i have turned it of manually.

Higher album art resolution on Qobuz. As there official app and BubbleUPnP have it.

Joao Correa and Sandmesteren like this.
  2. Sandmesteren

Sandmesteren New Member

It would be nice, with an option to keep the screen on, when using the cast function

3. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

Since I’ve updated from 1.1.60 up to 1.1.75 I noticed that the last song I’ve played from Apple Music takes over the screen and I can’t get rid of it even going back to the home screen and turning off cast. Nothing else will play. I have to reboot the machine. I agree with everyone that we need a stop button that clears the cache and gets us able to switch songs and even maybe switch from Apple to Qobuzor something like that which is impossible to do right now. Can it be fixed? It only happens when I restart the machine after turning it completely off by removing the power. I’m going to experiment with putting in standby but I can’t turn it on via the iPhone app but I’m waiting for the remote to come which should be able to fix the problem and turn it on from standby. I hope

4. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

Or alternatively it could just wake up for 30 seconds then turn of again, actually would look classy, its a nice display after all. Or put a choice of 30 seconds in the Screensaver menu.

Amnesiac likes this.
  5. JRicoC

JRicoC New Member

• Music Library sorting options based on ID tags
    • Web browser-based Client
    • Playback 'Stop' button

billymac and SeeTeeShock like this.
  6. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I am playing around with this “sticky” cache problem with the previous selection of music preventing the unit to play a new track without a reboot. I did get my remote so I can turn off the A6 by software to a resting position and start it up with the remote. I have found it is important to clear the playlist first from the previous session before trying to load a new track. I have both Qobuz and Apple Music. Both play lists must be cleared. You will get a message about “Autoplay.”. What is that and were is it??? But if you bring up another album and start play manually it will work. I don’t know if this is a cast problem or a general problem but it should be fixed.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  7. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

On EverSolo app playing from Qobuz I have noticed that first track on album always have higher resolution album art but when i skip to next track it looks more pixelated lower resolution.

I wish that dident happen.

8. Ivusking

Ivusking New Member

I replaced my Logitech Squeezebox with the DMP-A6. Many good things with the A6, but one thing I miss, is the possibility to have the time/date screen saver also on when the device is in standby. Would be a nice to have.

billymac and Johnny Ericsson like this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry but not supported by the HW. It would require a Sleep Mode to work. Even WOL is not supported during standby.

10. R Howell

R Howell New Member

Would be good to add song to end of list. At the moment I can only add song to next on list.

billymac likes this.
  11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

This should be fairly easy, would be cool to have bit depth along with the sample rate in the audio track information, along with in the VU display. Cheers.

12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yup! This would be welcome also in the Z6 / Z8...

ammar11 likes this.
  13. zxs

zxs New Member

Apple Music? Try clicking the autoplay button above the playlist:)

14. Ele

Ele New Member

Would love to see Chromecast support.

15. neoitata

neoitata Member

Would like to see some tone controls (dunno if it possible), my amp doesn't have any, but who knows.
    Anyway sometimes i wish to put more bass, sometimes a little bit of treble on bad recordings.

Rolf Quander likes this.
  16. UEG

UEG New Member

Raised a separate thread about this issue but also thought it's relevant to this thread given it's a feature request -

Currently, when using an external hard drive (via USB) as a media library, you are having to scroll back through from the beginning of the music library each time you back out of an artist album folder. A royal pain in the hoop.

This is not the case when a music library is on the internal SSD as it just backs out to the artist folder.

Not sure this is possible but it would be great (and save much finger scrolling) if this feature could also exist for an external HDD?

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Looks like it is a bug, more the normal behaviour being a feature to be implemented also for external hdd...

UEG likes this.
  18. UEG

UEG New Member

Many thanks, any ideas the best route to flag this up to the techs as a bug?

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

UEG likes this.
  20. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Since the A6 has an automatic clock (daily time clock), it would be cool to at least have a timer function that changes the screen brightness automatically based on time of day. That way it could automatically be brighter during the day, and darker at night. Seems like that could be easily added.

Joao Correa likes this.