DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just read the review.

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Eversolo is for hi-fi audio component, audiophiles don’t want video signals polluting the circuits.

Try looking at the Zidoo media players.

Unless you meant BD-A then it doesn’t have to be in a video container.

3. I meant B-DA
    For example, I have The Rolling Stones GRRR..in m2ts 50 titles, these are in multi-channel and I want to hear them, no video, so audio-technically the DMP-A6 is not a multi-talent. He can't do DVD-A as an iso file either. I praise my Oppo 203

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  4. Doug?cb

Doug?cb New Member

These would be my feature requests:
    >Ability to turn off completely the screen, and be able to wake it up with a tap on the volume knob, or on the app - This is especially important when I want to listen to music at night and dont want anything to disturb me, plus it would be the best screen saver.
    > As someone already said the parametric EQ would be nice.

Other than that Eversolo really did a great job!

5. Boxa

Boxa New Member

You can set screensaver to 5 mins with screen option to be blank (instead of clock options). Touching screen (or via casting option in app) brings screen back to life. Screensaver clock restarts.

ammar11 likes this.
  6. ammar11

Multi-talent? M2TS is not an audio container, you misunderstood what the DMP-A6 is meant to be.

The DMP-A6 is a hi-fi audio music streamer while the Oppo is a audio video player, the comparison is unfair it’s not apple to apple at all

M2TS is not a stream, but a container. M2TS is still a video container even with only audio stream. A BD uses that because of the BD spec.

For music streamers, best to rip into one of many lossless audio container instead. I don’t know any other hi-fi audio music streamer that can read M2TS. Can you name one? Bluesound? NAD? Auralic? FiiO? WiiM? Hi-Fi Rose? Volumio? Musica Pristina?

Oppo is not a music streamer, it’s a media player that can play video, of course it can read M2TS.

Which is why I mentioned the Zidoo media player line before, they play videos which means they should play M2TS fine. Just like your Oppo except without a disc tray.

Note:

I’m starting to realise now that there are many people not from hi-fi stereo component world but from home theatre is finding out about the DMP-A6, and misunderstood what it’s purpose in music. That’s not how it works in stereo music setups, you can’t put everything into it to satisfy home theatre setups.

It’s like saying the A6 can’t make coffee so it’s not multi-talented (too far I know but some can’t really see my point without exaggeration) .

This is the main reason why Zidoo created the Eversolo brand, it’s to get into hi-fi audio world. So no, I don’t want Eversolo to support M2TS in any of their current and future models. Leave that to the Zidoo brand.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but please be fair with your expectations.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  7. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

Well said!

Nutul and ammar11 like this.
  8. Making coffee would be a great feature though :);)
    Yes, I understand, it should also remain a hi-fi device, it should only become a little more stable when using apps, especially TunIn.
    The app starts and after 2-3 minutes black screen. :eek: Striking at the station Radio one from Germany. After a restart it works again.

ammar11 likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Just get a Zidoo HiFi Neo player and it will just read BD Pure Audio and DVD-Video.
    The only player I know that will read DVD-Audio ISO is an OPPO but only after putting in a customized FW cracking the code expanding its capabilities.

Have Roling Stones Gggrrr on BD Pure Audio myself too and that is just a great sounding album indeed. You need the BD Menu to work here perfect as that album uses individual tracks/streams per Title. Playing M2TS won't do the trick. :oops:

Eversolo in concept could make APP's for BD Pure Audio ISO and DVD-Audio ISO using the Front Panel for the menu's. With Eversolo Controller in Cast mode these could then be played nicely. I don't expect that to ever come. A Zidoo Neo player with the streaming goodies of DMP-A6 on the other hand isn't unlikely to come (sooner or later).
    Using multiple players is the only way to achieve it for now.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    Spizz likes this.
  10. Doug?cb

Doug?cb New Member

If it was a oLed screen it would be perfect, since it´s not, you can see the backlight bleed, I would imagine it would not be that hard to implement, my tv does that for example.

11. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

what was promised at the start: AirPlay 2 ....

Nutul likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

My guess it is simply work in progress. Patience is a virtue.

Desmodromic likes this.
  13. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Not really... it was an advertised feature ewhen the product was originally launched.

upload_2023-7-5_12-21-29.png

And has now vanished entirely from the Eversolo site.

upload_2023-7-5_12-22-11.png

Along with any mention of Spotify Connect too.

Lesfetes likes this.
  14. Ivusking

Ivusking New Member

Mmmmh, even Spotify gone for the moment, that is a bummer

15. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

That's what I thought but Spotify Connect is still working for me. Have just updated to the new FW that's available OTA.

16. Boxa

Boxa New Member

I think this is mentioned in one of the posts and linked to implementation of the app used?????

17. Stuj

Stuj Member

V.1.75 adds filters to the track view which is great, could we have that added to the album view also please.. Another ask is to add the year of the album onto the album tittle in brackets wherever the album title is displayed

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  18. Mozart

Mozart New Member

Couple of requests:

PC client or website for networked PC's to access and configure the A6
    Potentially a player emulator to the app so you can access your music library on your phone. (ipeng on the LMS app does this) - awesome for working around the house (within network range) and listening through headphones.

19. ammar11

I didn't notice that, nice.

[​IMG]

20. Nice Monkey

The shared Database Library services are meant for that: Roon. Plex, Jellyfin, Emby etc. just pick your preference. I am waiting for Emby client to give it a go once more (Server running on an old media player then).
    Can even be configured for global Internet access.