DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

With eARC you can control the (DMP-)A6 with your tvs remote instead of using your Phone. That would be very convenient.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

To what extent? Can you actually move around the UI and select items? Or is it just a volume / play / pause / next / prev thing?

3. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

Yes, basic but it would go a long way. Volume and skip forward would be great with the tv remote!

I am not sure the (DMP-)A6 could actually display music information on the screen via eARC but if it did it would be Jackpot! I probably want this more than anything else.

If it can not show info on the screen via eARC the other way to do it is to develop an app for the TV/display, i.e. a Samsung app or LG app. Then the info could be cast like we do to our Apple, Android phones. The best would be if it was via eARC but not sure the (DMP-)A6 can display it.

4. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

I really hope that someone from EverSolo reads this... I really like the (DMP-)A6 and what it can do but there is this one thing where it really falls short and it is almost a deal killer for me, I have been on the fence of sending it back.

When discussing this we have to understand that we all have different combinations of audio equipment and how something sounds in you home are the very blend of these devices and how the environment interacts with your speakers matters. So (DMP-)A6 will most likely not sound the same in your home as it does in my home depending of a myriad of things.

So what the (DMP-)A6 is missing is a way to change the sound signature so it works for your set of circumstances.

Here is an example of what is going on my place. I have 2 DACs. One in my Denon receiver and one the internal DAC in the (DMP-)A6. I run both through a Willsenton R8 with Klipsch RF7's.

The (DMP-)A6 should be far superior to my Denon DAC based on the hardware and in almost every aspect it is. It's very detailed, great roomy sound. Where the (DMP-)A6 does not shine is in warmth, It sounds clinical and precise to the point it looses the human touch in vocals and acoustic instruments like guitars .

To remedy this for all the different Audio equipment combinations out there, different sound profiles would go a long way. Or just add a way to adjust base mid and high frequencies so it works for your setup.

Joao Correa and Bonzo like this.
  5. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Myself I always just send it back if something doesn’t meet my expectations, no more headaches.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes get the same experience from visitors listening to my setup with B&W speakers and an Onkyo AMP set to Direct mode. They don't like it at first as they miss the typical sound they are used to. One can use an external equalizer or use tone control on the AMP.

eARC just transports the sound in original format without any metadata attached. Impossible to know what the content actually is.

7. Doug?cb

Doug?cb New Member

You are right, it does turn the screen off. wich is amazing, it would be nice to turn with a button when we are streaming, like the one we cycle between track info, Vu meters...

8. wcseow

wcseow Member

The icon on the app that switch between track info, vu meters does wake up the screen. At least with mu current installed version

9. Sandmesteren

Sandmesteren New Member

Can we have lock screen controls?

All other audio apps has them including Bluesound

10. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

This is a feature request thread.

It was not a question of how to fix it but thank you for your advice.

It was a suggestion. That's why we ask for it in this thread.

eARC for the remote control functionality that would be great to have.

11. Sandmesteren

Sandmesteren New Member

I would like the option to stop the EverSolo player remotely if I forget to stop it before leaving home, so I don't get the attached message, when trying to use Tidal on my phone.

"Playback paused
    Playback is paused when you are playing from Zidoo. Press here to continue playback on this device.
    "

upload_2023-7-9_10-43-57.png

12. Fittebd

Fittebd New Member

I would like to see the HDMI output support I2S format (like PS Audio) for external DACs. More than just USB.

DDC functionality. Digital to Digital. They have a nice USB C input which is great, but only supports analog out. Why not passthrough? hook computer output to it and to another DAC. I use this all the time with my Holo Red Streamer (which I will be selling as this thing blows it away)

vekanoid likes this.
  13. Dononmaui

Dononmaui New Member

Got my A6 a week ago, having fun but like so many, wish it could do this and that, so here's my list.
    1. I realize everyone is different in how they use these players, for me like I like to make long playlists for my background music. I'm used to Sonos Connect which has great flexibility in creating playlists then saving them into named playlists. Therefore the ability to add albums to a playlist would be nice. Maybe it's there already but I missed it. Doing it a song at time is too time consuming. I see I can then rearrange the music and save it to a named playlist, so I'm almost there, thanks.

2. I always liked the crossfade feature in Sonos, would be nice.

3. I also enjoyed the ramping feature in the Brennan B2, just adds a classy way jumping around in the play list or when I hit the next song button. Instead of a sharp hard stop, it slowly lowered the volume before the next song starts. Once you use it you'll understand how nice it is. Just adds that bit of class to an already cool device. Maybe the ability to turn this feature on or off, and also a ramp speed in seconds would allow great end user control.

Thanks.

billymac and Mikeees like this.
  14. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

This would be great! :)

15. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

I second this request. I'll know more next week after I actually hear it, but I'm worried this will be my same issue. Selectable filters seems like such a simple solution. I don't understand why more DACs don't have several to choose from.

It seems to me that the modern trend is for hyper detail vs real musicality. My older Oppo-105 sounds detailed as hell, but compared to my Denon Universal DVD player, which has a rich full musical sound, the Oppo is etched and thin. Much how Plasma and OLED trumps LCD. Organic vs etched detail.

Looking forward to testing it out.

16. Fittebd

Fittebd New Member

One way to do this is with an app. Either an android app to stream or something like Squeezebox filters. I know some donut with roon. Change the sound in the stream before the DAC. Inuse Roon but I know there are others

17. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

I think you are misunderstanding the intent of this thread. This is a feature request thread for (DMP-)A6. Not looking for help of how to fix it with a 3rd party solution but thank you for you suggestion.

18. Bhaze9614

Bhaze9614 New Member

One minor feature I noticed right away I wish this unit had would be a stop button. When playing flac files from my flash drive or on Tidal I noticed there's no way to get the last thing you played off the screen.

It may not be a necessary feature but to me it feels weird not having it. Maybe it could be something that could be Enabled or Disabled?

19. wcseow

wcseow Member

You mean switching away the display album art etc of the last file you played?

For me, I will use the button that switches the VU, Info etc to the home screen. Or use CAST mode and press Home button. Sometimes I press Power button and select Blank Screen.

But a quick Home button will be nice on the App. (If it's there already, I can't locate it. LOL)

20. Bhaze9614

Bhaze9614 New Member

Yes exactly!

To reiterate, there's no way to cancel playback at all. I just feel like there should be a way to hit a stop button and then it would clear whatever is currently playing. Similar to the pause button but the stop button would clear out the music so it's completely blank and the last thing you listened to will not be there.

I guess it just feels weird not being able to do that lol. I've had my Eversolo DMP-A6 for a total for 3 hours so far and that is the first thing I'm surprised nobody else mentioned. See the image below for my 2 second mock up of the Stop Button that would be cool to see as an option. Or if they didn't want to clog up the screen with another button you could make it so if you hold the pause button down it would act as a stop button.

Edit: You know what.. now that I am looking at my native tidal app it doesn't have a stop feature either. I am just so used to it on foobar2000 so I guess I am weird.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023