Review and need-to-know Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

Feel free to use my experience to make your review more complete. These are some of the issues that I wish were known before I purchased the unit.

Eversolo claims to support Amazon Music HD bit perfect so, testing one more music service, would be beneficial to those considering purchasing. Perhaps another false advertising issue like Roon?

A few other problems that I've encountered is small artwork on the Android control app now playing screen(okay on iOS) and the beginning of tracks being cut off when using DLNA streaming from 3rd party apps like BubbleUPnP. This isn't a Bubble problem as everything works fine with my other streamers.

I've started dedicated topics in the forum but have received little to no response.

There are lots of glowing reviews on the unit but few that mention the bugs.

Thanks for help.

edit: spelling and changed conclusive to complete.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The problem is that there are so many ways one can use this player. There is always a combination which works better or more to the liking on another product. But Eversolo really reads all topics and actively is fixing/improving things one by one.

3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

In previous cases when it’s being resampled it’s because it’s set at certain sampling in the settings. Do you get 192 kHz from all sources or only Amazon Music? If all sources, go to Settings and check the sampling rate, make sure Original is selected. Also turn on Eversolo Original Sampling-rate Audio Engine.

Just to note soon Amazon Music will be integrated just like Tidal and Qobuz.

I don’t use UPnP, I hope others can help you with that.

4. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

Thanks ammar11,

I did have those settings enabled. Also tried disabling them and it makes no difference either way. Hopefully the integration comes soon.

5. Mark Mullen

Mark Mullen New Member

Nice Monkey: Thanks for repeating and clarifying the MQA capabilities of the DMP-A6 in streamer only mode to an external (non-MQA) DAC! Clear now!

6. karipu

karipu Member

To me this is the biggest drawback. I’ve also DSD128, DSD256 and DSD256 files and I would like to be able to play those also (without converting them to PCM).

7. Nice Monkey

You can't use RCA/XLR Analog output playing those (all must be 2CH)? ;)
    That is what I do myself including DSD64 (and PCM) 2CH albums. Occasionally I am too lazy switching back from HDMI. :p

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  8. karipu

karipu Member

>You can't use Analog output playing those

You mean analog output of Eversolo DMP-A6 to analog input of my Yamaha AVR?

9. Nice Monkey

Yes that is the general idea. That is what that build-in DAC is meant to do. It is of excellent quality.
    I set the volume level of the DAC fixed to match the volume via HDMI.

Updated the paragraph to say it better (I hope).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    Stopeter44 likes this.
  10. karipu

karipu Member

Thank you for the information!

11. Nice Monkey

All comments (inclusive Eversolo) were included via some minor updates.
    When finding the time it will we replicated on some external sites.

12. gpusavat

gpusavat New Member

Question: How do you rip a Mandarin CD like Teresa Teng's CD with A6? How is the language set up? The songs in Chinese characters do not show up when ripping the CD. Thank you/

13. Nice Monkey

Strange being a Chinese product. :rolleyes:
    Setting the language to Chinese doesn't help here?

The ripping will always work also if the metadata isn't found. ;)

14. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Indeed, to read DSD 128 or 256 files in 2ch, only the USB connection can do it, I connected Eversolo in USB, on my DENON PMA 110 2ch amplifier on its USB input (its internal Dac compatible DSD up to 512 ), there it works. It's a shame that the HDMI link can't go above the DSD 64s, there may be technical explanations why Eversolo couldn't do it. I am nevertheless satisfied to listen to the DSD 64 in 5ch directly on my DENON 8500 Home Cinema amplifier.

15. Bhaze9614

Bhaze9614 New Member

Would anybody happen to know is there a proper procedure to ejecting an external storage device such as a my Flash Drive? Am I safe to just unplug it?

Also regarding the M.2 support, does it matter what generation it is such as Gen3 or Gen4?

16. Nice Monkey

No unsafe unplugging is not recommended. Use Cast mode => File Browser => Select Drive => Select Operation => Unmount. The Format option is to be found there too.
    It is a bit hidden indeed but all there.

SSD both Gen 3 and Gen 4 do work with the potential inconveniences mentioned.

Good questions! Both answers also added to the review.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    Stopeter44 and Bhaze9614 like this.
  17. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

“It will be challenging to hear the improved sound in practice (could not try myself).”

remarkable comments…

18. Nice Monkey

I am afraid that is the case. Have both a Zidoo Neo X and a Neo Alpha using those same femto clock Accusillicon upgrades and even a few more like a linear PSU and more advanced AMP output stage design. I can hear the difference under good conditions but not during average casual listening sessions.

19. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Well, a good clock does make a difference here.
    Perhaps it is best not to state such things in absolute terms, that is what I meant

20. Nice Monkey

It is subjective like hell for sure. Most reviewers come to similar conclusions in other wordings. Thanks' for the comments.
    The crystals used with the standard edition aren't mediocre for sure so it is a relative improvement in the already high quality area.

Nutul likes this.