KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Thanks. I've got the apk installed already, but I was curious to take a look at v20.1 source code.

EDIT - not to worry, there is always more than way to skin a cat.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Understood

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not up on the Github page, but as per GPL, you can request it.

Oldpainless likes this.
  5. Oldpainless

It's ok, like I said, there's always more than one way to skin a cat :D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  6. Markswift2003

Naturally :)

Oldpainless likes this.
  7. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

Hi all

Thanks a lot for the last version of ZDMC 20.1 I install it and all it's ok, and seems more fluid. :)

I have an UHD3000 and I only use ZDMC for 4/3 (1.37) movies because and this is strange, HT doesn't zoom movies.
    I need to slightly zoom 4/3 movies because my JVC N7 lateral masks system are not enought wide, it miss from 2 to 5% zoom (depend of each movie)

I can't understand why within HT4 it's not possible to zoom a film. Someone explain me it was due to SOC problems, so why ZDMC do the job perfectly. :)

I hope this nonsense will be solve on UHD5000

8. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

FYI- 20.1 supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 (unfortunately no HDR10+) tags so if your skin supports it (Aeon Nox Silvo ) it will display it.

9. techos

techos Member

Should 20.1 be able to access "External Storage" on a Z9X pro when trying to install from zip?

I send the zips via SMB into the Download folder, but ZDMC cannot access this folder. I set permissions for the folders in android security settings for app, to allow all of the time. Do I need to do it some other way?

10. Oldpainless

No idea about the new 1619BPD boxes, but no problem with the z1000pro....can you not send it to one of the attached hard drives (assuming you have one/some)?

11. techos

techos Member

No HDD attached, even tried a USB stick, same, cannot access it in Kodi/ZDMC (but I can from within the main OS)

It's driving me insane, seems such a simple thing, yet not working.

EDIT: I am going to grab an old SATA drive out of the loft and try connecting that.

12. Oldpainless

Odd that you cannot even access it via USB....I take it you are trying to installing an add-on?

13. techos

techos Member

Don't have a spare SATA cable so that is a no go to test. I have however just tried an external USB HDD as well, same. Kodi/ZDMC can see it, but when I press on it, nothing happens/ Cannot access.

Trying to install an add-on from a zip file, yep.

Just need a way to send the file somewhere that Kodi can see.

14. Oldpainless

Odd, just tried it myself and dropped an add-on inside downloads and it installed fine here on the z1000pro. I can only think it's either a bad downloaded add-on, or there is an issue with access rights on the new boxes.

upload_2023-7-19_10-59-31.jpeg

15. techos

techos Member

The new box just cannot even access the folders, which leads me to think its permissions. Cannot see anywhere else to adjust permissions, so basically suck.

16. Oldpainless

I'd flag it to @Markswift2003 (I expect he's aware of the issue, but it won't hurt to flag it).

techos likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

I don't use ZDMC - what was the problem?

18. Oldpainless

techos likes this.
  19. techos

techos Member

20. Markswift2003

Yeah, just loaded ZDMC 20.3 and it looks like it doesn't support the storage system on the new boxes - it won't even browse SMB shares properly although you can access directly using IP addresses.

v19.4 allows access to internal Storage but not SMB browsing, but again you can access directly by IP address.