Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Why do these devices not have HDMI Audio Out and all this other junk instead, I will never understand. People complained so much about the useless HDMI IN and they got rid of that but then added all this other crap on the back the units like analog connections (this is year 2023) and still no HDMI Audio out. They had a really good chance to make this happen but lost opportunity.

Rant over but hard pass for me. Good job making them black though!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    FrostByte likes this.
  2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Can it be a win that Zidoo is releasing a new client box? Better than the alternative such is Zappiti or Dune. Zidoo is not perfect and just a "Hello, we hear you , and we are still here for you" goes a long way avoiding speculation and misinformation. Other than that, I am here, and I see you Zidoo. Thank you, for staying with us. Remember Windows XP was fantastic, Windows ME , Vista and Windows 8 were not so hot either. Another year is not going to kill any of us for a real update and allow for SOC availability to expand. I would go further and state its more of a what is available to us to continue production at this point for those that may not have a Z9X or Z10pro etc.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's about form factor, R&D and product range - Audio HDMI Out is available on higher spec'd products further up the range - starting at the UHD3000 for the current range from memory.

The Z9X, Z20 and now pro versions share the same PCBs respectively and that PCB does not include Audio HDMI. If you want the addition of HDMI Audio, you just have to look further up the range. Remember these are the base models. "You pays your money and takes your choice" to quote an old saying.

darkeyes909 and leonkoum like this.
  4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I would not mind an even more stripped down version in the form factor of the Nvidia Shield Pro, with the same input/output.

5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

The X8 was a nice looking client. Was definately a thin type client look to it.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

yeah but I only need one HDMI, Gigabit network, 1-2 USB ports, no need for display and other stuff. :)

7. Markswift2003

I'm not even bothered about a case :D

!cid_47327a30-eb6d-4c39-b348-8322b6c41840@winuk.jpg

8. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Which HD Fury is that sitting on Diva or Newer?

9. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Out of interest, whats flawed with the S905?

10. Markswift2003

It's a Vertex 2

11. Markswift2003

The media player isn't as developed as the Realtek one and a biggie is that it won't bitstream DTS-HD or DTS-X so you can't use your expensive AVR to decode lossless DTS and DTS-X objects can't be rendered at all, just downmixed to the bed layer.

Also, and this is kind of a moot point at the moment, but might not be eventually if the SDK ever allows FEL decoding - although it has multiple HEVC decoders, it's only capable of 4 x 1080p60 (equivalent to 1 x 3840p60) For fully spec'd FEL it would need to be 3840P60 plus 1080p60.

Makes for a decent Kodi box but not a high end media player.

FrostByte likes this.
  12. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

zidoo z9x pro sei robotics s928x box comparison if possible

seı robotics s928, box,

Process

12nm
    CPU
    ARM Cortex-A76+Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A55
    GPU
    ARM Mali-G57 MC2, 4K GUI
    OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.2 and OpenCL 2.0
    NPU
    3.2 TOPS
    Memory
    64-bit DDR4, LPDDR4/4X, DDR4266
    Storage
    eMMC 5.1, SLC NAND Flash
    Video Processing
    8Kx4K@60fps 10bit H.265, AV1, VP9, AVS3, AVS2 decoding
    4Kx2K@30fps H.264 decoding
    4K@60fps H.265/H.264 encoding
    HDR
    HDR 10/10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR Vivid
    Ethernet
    10/100/1000 MAC
    USB/PCI-e
    2xUSB 2 (OTG, HOST)+1xUSB 3+1xPCIe-2
    Audio Interface
    Stereo DACs, SPDIF-in&out, eARC, 8Ch PDM, Multi-channel I2S in&out
    Video Output
    8Kp60 HDMI 2.1a (eARC, VRR, ALLM, QMS, QFT, DSC1.2, SBTM), HDCP 2.2/2.3
    DTV/ATV
    4xTS in, ISO7816

13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I guess it will run mobile Android, so why not use latest Android 13 or at least 12? not that I care but why not. :)

15. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I guess because the SOC / Realtek SDK supports only up to Android 11

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

ok, no big deal but have to give it to Nvidia for starting with Android 5 and now running 11.

btw how big difference is it between the Z9X and Z9X Pro SoC as both use RTD1619 variant, maybe they could add Android 11 to current lineup, but probably not. :)

17. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Are these new models going to support 3D playback from iso and mkv? I can imagine some of the newer chipsets won't have that functionality anymore. I am hoping there will be a chipset that will be capable of AV1 and 3d at some point.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

isn't AV1 for streaming purpose only? I can't see Blu-ray discs use it for a long time after some Google search, but maybe people want to encode their current media library? but I don't know if I would put the time and energy on 50TB+ collection, easier and cheaper to buy new drives. :)

19. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

Hmmmm NEO range cannot update android 11 too?

20. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

At the moment, but in the not too distant future web rips will start being in AV1 and encoders will switch to it soon enough as it has compression advantages and is an open standard.