So what Happened to the New 2022 / 2023 Zidoo Line ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Jan 12, 2023.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello to all,

From what I've seen about DTS X and DV for the Dune HD Amlogic.

When playing Dune APK internal player, DTS X core is outputted from DTS 5.1.When configured in Dune APK bitstream + system - passthrough.

When configured in Dune PCM, DTS X decoding is output in PCM 7.1 multichannel (in system - passthrough)

b) About DV, the output is the same as on the Realtek.

See you soon

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Interesting that difference. Anyway what you want is bitstream with processing via the AMP for any High Speakers connected.
    How relevant is that? Very few BD with DTS-X around. Like for HDR and very few BD with HDR10+ around.

I am not sure if DV is only TV-Led without Player-Led LLDV?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Stick with the Z9X for the moment.

The 928 isn't ready for primetime and won't be until well into next year.
    The Shield is great for streaming content but no good for serious local streaming.

4. Markswift2003

I don't know this for sure but if AML pulled support on the 905, I'd expect them to do the same for the 922.

My suspicion, and it's only a hunch, is that this was done at the behest of Dolby.

5. Markswift2003

I certainly don't want a cheap SOC decoding DTS-HD for me, I want my amp to do it. And no way to play DTS-X without downmixing is a deal breaker to me regardless of the amount of content.

6. Nice Monkey

I feel that player is in fact meant for those using only a TV with maybe a sound bar. Plenty of those.
    It is a real low-end player and one should be looking at it as such.

But about converting DTS to PCM have seen a lot of users with (very) expensive old AMP's with discrete analog inputs but no DTS decoder inside. This little thing just does that.

7. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

For 99% of content the Zidoo is the best way to stream it. Even most FEL titles don't benefit from the 12 bit extra information - its only the poorly mastered FEL titles where being able to use the enhancement layer is worth it.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. OlivierQC

It has never been considered as an equivalent model to the RTD1619DR or better.

It is more to be considered as a model similar to the Dune HD Magic 4K Plus.

Some say it replaces the Real Vision 4k, which is not true, the Real Vision 4k is replaced by a model with double the RAM and storage capacity, the "PLUS" version.

As you say it's an entry level model and not mature obviously, and will improve like any recent multimedia box.

From what I know is that those who have it, are more interested in the streaming service with this box and with the icing on the cake the excellent Dune HD player, which currently does not include some features such as Bdmenu support, etc... but this will be fixed with the future FW.

-------

For me and currently, the ''venerable'' RTD1619DR suits me perfectly, I find it mature and gives me full satisfaction.

See you soon

9. Markswift2003

Exactly!

10. OlivierQC

It's a good thing we're among friends/confreres/colleagues, otherwise you'd get attacked

rozel likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nothing wrong with the current Zidoo generation. I don't see a real big reason for new boxes other than keeping pace with what competitors are coming with.

12. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

While I like the current gen as well it would be nice to have Android TV 12 support for native 2160p interface, faster processor, HDMI 2.1 for 2160p120 and QMS and proper FEL playback. AV1 codec support wouldn’t hurt either.

FrostByte and vddan like this.
  13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hdmi 2 port for Audio output only
    usb 3.2 / Usb-C also.

FrostByte likes this.
  14. Edworld

Edworld Member

Everytime I read what you post, I am listening to Saul

Sledgehamma likes this.
  15. OlivierQC

Can you tell me what this has to do with my sentence to mattmarsden ?

16. Nice Monkey

Nothing, just with the total topic as such.;)

OlivierQC likes this.
  17. DELUCAS

Oh and hdmi 2.1a spec : Source - based tone mapping
    SBTM

:)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  18. DELUCAS

Copied from another forum.

Hello Dear Partners
    You will hear or already heard that Zappiti AV is under liquidation , that is true.
    It only concerns the French company , the brand is safe along with the cloud services.
    We have already several proposals for new companies to take over in France.
    Just wanted to assure you that we won’t let you or your customers down and we are still providing support as normal.
    Many thanks for your support
    -----------
    Anyone heard about this ?

19. OlivierQC

Yes we know, they send messages to reassure and this is the procedure to follow, then we'll see what really happens in the coming months.

I pray for those who have chosen a Zappiti multimedia box, the best of the best

20. DELUCAS

I take it there just a supply company in france or ?