Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

So, I did a full update to v6.3.92 on my Z9x yesterday. It works for now but I noticed a few bugs:

CEC (is enabled, config: TV LG BX 65 <-> AVR Denon 2700H <-> Z9x):
    - the remote control works fine but
    - the player does not switch on when the TV is switched on and
    - the player only sometimes turns off when the TV is turned off
    - if the player turns off with the TV and the AVR, it can happen that it turns off so slowly that the AVR turns on again, although it was turned off with the TV before

HT 4.0 (Config: Synology NAS 920+ (media was completely stored locally with TinyMediaManger (all pictures and trailers are available) -> Hotspot with WLAN 5g (signal strength 100%) -> Z9x):
    - scrapping via nfo takes a very long time
    - there is no automatic update function like in Kodi when something new is added in the source
    - loading the covers takes very long -> Question: Is there a setting in HT where you can cache the covers on the device to speed up the loading? The location of the library is default so on the player.
    - local film trailers are only played (max. 10s) and then stop on their own -> if you reduce the resolution of the trailers to max. 720 x 576, the trailers work normally.

vddan likes this.
  2. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

tv (sony x950h)no longer turns the zidoo pro 1000 on.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can't comment on CEC because it's one of the first things I turn off on all equipment.

As far as HT4 goes, I use NFO/local art scraping exclusively and my library of 438 movies over 3 network sources takes 3 minutes 32s which is roughly half a second a movie.

There is automatic update (in Preferences) which continually monitors the sources and updates when something changes.

As long the covers have loaded once, they are then immediately available - if I load a brand new library I scroll down the posters so all of them have loaded and after that they load almost instantaneously.

This is a test library on one of my Z9Xs with 1051 movies:

https://streamable.com/xsnsdb

Most of my trailers are 1080p with various other resolutions and all play fine - My suspicion is that the source has not spun up so the device is running from limited cache based in the source - I can replicate this with certain Western Digital NAS drives (EX series) that have this problem although it's unrelated to resolution in that case. Certainly there is no restriction (or bug that I'm aware of) that restricts you to 720 trailers.

4. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

I really don't get it with the trailers. I previously had a local hard drive in an external enclosure and exactly the same problems as now with the NAS. For this reason, you can probably forget about the first boot. In the android-mediaplayer.de forum, some also report the same problem. It can't be due to an unclean update or something like that, since, as you know, I only got my player revived last night and thus played a complete new image.

I have no idea what's going on there, but I strongly suspect a small bug in HT or the associated player...

I'll have to look again for updates. Where can I find them?

5. Markswift2003

Can you post an example of a trailer that stops after 10s and I'll test here - it's just not something I've ever seen before.

Automatic updating set here:

upload_2022-4-5_17-23-5.png

Black-Angel28 likes this.
  6. ofir

ofir Member

There is a better app than YouTube
    It is possible to watch 4K HDR
    https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

7. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

@Markswift2003 Yes, I actually had this option enabled. I didn't even notice that something was happening automatically.

Here is a video of the loading of the cover with me. You can see very well that e is much slower for me than for you:

https://streamable.com/acz7ze

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I guess it has something to do with the dynamic background setting.
    Try using a fixed background for the posterwall

9. Markswift2003

So once you scrolled through the whole wall and got all the covers to populate, if you exit the wall, turn the player off etc, does the wall act like mine or does it populate slowly again?

10. Markswift2003

Good point - I always turn off Dynamic Background.

11. Markswift2003

Mind you I just turned on Dynamic Background to try it and it doesn't make any difference...

TifKag likes this.
  12. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

I'll try with a solid background. Thanks for the tip. I already had the idea of restarting, but it always works that way. The speed at which the covers are loaded is always the same.

Here is another video of the trailer problem using the example of the film Akira. On the video you can see how I first start the trailer with zidoo's own media-center to show that it's not the trailer itself. After that I open HT and go to the same movie. The trailer is played and then simply stops after about 10 seconds. The sound is also very quiet in the trailer in HT.

Here the Video:
    https://streamable.com/njmw8b

13. Markswift2003

So I think that firstly there's something funky going on with your network - when playing a file like that from Media Center you shouldn't see the spinner for so long - the video should start pretty much immediately - maybe a half spin of the throbber and the video should start - maybe half a second or so.

The next thing to know is that playing any media file from Media Center you invoke the Zidoo player - the same one that would play local content in HT4. When a trailer is played using the trailer mechanism in HT4 it uses the online player (NuPlayer) so there could be different behaviour for a given file.

But, as I say, I've never seen a local trailer fail like that so the first thing is to get a file to me so we can either confirm whether or not it's the file causing issue with NuPlayer - I suspect not, but since this is a really unusual problem the only way to figure it out is elimination.

The reason for quiet sound is simply volume - most content will be AC3, EAC3, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD etc etc which is passed through as a bitstream. However the audio from the trailer is probably LPCM which is decoded internally and so affected by the Zidoo Volume Control (where passthrough is not).

So turn volume to Max and then set Volume Direct Mode to On in Audio Settings so PCM volume is fixed at max.

Vincenzo Boemi likes this.
  14. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

All right, I'd be happy to send you the trailer for Akira. It was simply pulled down from Youtube with TinyMediaManager. Just give me an address where I can upload it or I'll upload it to some free one-click hoster. As you like.

That the movie took so long to start is simply because I gave the NAS a lot of work just before recording the video. With the first video with the covers the nas was not busy.

I'll try that out tomorrow with the volume... Thanks for the tip.

15. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

16. Markswift2003

Ok - exactly the same behaviour here - it stops after a few seconds.

I can't see anything wrong with the file, but there's something that makes it incompatible with NuPlayer but it's nothing to do with resolution and as I say, none of the over 400 trailers I have exhibit this behaviour.

Maybe 20% of my trailers come from YouTube but most come from traileraddict.com.

If you remux the trailer using MKVToolnix it works absolutely fine, so bearing in mind that this does nothing to the video or audio stream, I'd have to say that the original has just been muxed badly into its MP4 container. Basically it's a bad file.

This is the remuxed trailer that works:

https://mega.nz/file/sHZFSZqB#_7wtS-m8haFoOvH6H3MESt85yIYyYyfGFuiaLyCmoVY

17. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I've been using a cec blocker since Monday. Since then I have had no more problems. My receiver hasn't failed or anything since then.
    Oh and Earc works, also with a cec blocker between TV and Zidoo.
    Of course I can no longer control the volume with my zidoo remote control, but the most important thing is that the receiver no longer fails or causes other problems

xskip and rozel like this.
  18. Tricky

Tricky New Member

OK originally used the non G update but decided to use the G update but now find that initially I couldn't get play/go to register device screen to stay on also tried through chrome but same result, eventually installed |Firefox and tried that way but although the register screen sown already registered I inputted the new number and still get the device is not registered!:mad:

Also, not related, but some may have encountered this problem, so far with lots of different settings permutations I cannot get the Z10 pro to show up when I first turn on my AV amp despite countless setting between all devices I still see a blank screen, it seems something is causing the older Samsung Q9 TV to turn off deep colour setting and I can often but not always get the picture back by turning it back on, amp is Yamaha 3070 and yes I have tried all the video strings for this and the Zidoo anyone else had this sort of problem?

19. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

Cool, I can confirm that the newly created trailer works fine for me. So it's really the file. Since we are already a step further :)

Can you please tell me with which settings you have recreated the trailer in MKVToolnix? If you can tell me the correct command line, then I would try to create a batch script which automatically muxes all movie files with the word "trailer". This should be quite fast if you do not change the resolution.

Edit: Come to think of it, the corrupted file also explains why it worked with a new lower resolution. In this process the file is also remuxed.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  20. Markswift2003

I just threw the file into MKVToolnix GUI and hit "Start Multiplexing" so no additional command line options.

The command line (bearing in mind my paths) for this is:

"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en --output ^"\\nas20\Shared\Akira ^(1988^)-trailer.mkv^" --language 0:und --language 1:und ^"^(^" ^"\\nas20\Shared\Akira ^(1988^)-trailer.mp4^" ^"^)^" --engage dont_normalize_parameter_sets --track-order 0:0,0:1