Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi TifKag, thank you for your suggestion.
    With my previous Zidoo's I didn't need to use a so such specific HDD formatting, it was/is enough to use NTFS to avoid the 4 Gb limit.
    Anyway, If for 56k has worked fine, no problem for me to try also this tip (and cross the fingers).
    If it will work, I'll feedback about.
    Thank you!

2. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi TifKag, hi all.

Even applying the mentioned tip, using an USB HDD formatted ext4, hasn't change anything.
    I would have been quite surprised, in any case, if it worked because, to avoid to have problems with a single file larger than 4 Gb, I have successfully used USB pen or NTFS formatted USB HDD and that was always enough.

Instead, until now, contrary to what happens with the previous models in my possession, Zidoo Z9S / X10, with the Zidoo Z9X, the maximum recording in MP4 format reaches 3,984,576 Kb, after which the HDMI app crashes and brings the Z9X back to the page principal.

When I then try to read the file thus produced, the Z9X returns a msg. corrupt file error while examining it on PC with MediaInfo, the file is truncated and therefore not executable.

To exclude the file system "variable" (NTFS, ext4) as an element of possible error, I also chose to save the recording coming from HDMI IN in the internal memory of the Z9X, where it is not possible to intervene in any way on this variable (it is the one set from the Manufacturer, Zidoo, and that's it ...): same result.

At this point, I'm quite sure tha the issue is not attributable to the file system format, but to something else.

Then, few hours ago, I did yet another test: I changed the file Output format from MP4 to TS, keeping everything else in the configuration unchanged.

Unbelievably, even if the size of the resulted file amount to 10.408.323 Kb, this time the HDMI recording worked fine and demonstrated that was not a system file issue.

So now, seems reasonably clear that the embedded MP4 conversion of the HDMI app doesn't work as expected, as instead stated by Zidoo in the Z9X product specifications.

I opened another ticket to Them (Zidoo), hoping for a reply and their take in charge of the problem.

Will I (and other Users with my same needs too...) have an answer and a solution to this issue ?

Will see...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  3. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

AFR does not work when switching to the next series. For example, when watching a season including the first episode, which runs at 23.976 fps, while the next and all the rest are already played at 60 fps. It is very inconvenient to manually turn on each series every time.
    What is wrong with zidoo with AFR, why is this a constant problem that has been going on for a long time, since the early X series??!

Constant 23 fps is unacceptable for me! What then is the point of the AFR??!
    I watch content with DIFFERENT FPS, I absolutely do not need a constant 23 fps!

martolk likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry - don't understand what you mean - can you detail how to replicate this.

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

which series do have a different fps, i dont have it that why i cannot try what you experience
    so far if i play different fps from several contents and use auto for frame rate only, it always work fine to adjust the frame rate even i set the display lock to 23hz

6. serg fedorov

TV series The Queen's Gambit, Jessica Jones. Both series are in Dolby Vision. They still have such a problem with the AFR.

I spent two days installing different versions of firmware, starting from 0.22 https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/x0Yfq[ld]QEAzbeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html , then 41, 66.
    Today I installed 75 again.
    Perhaps the console needs some more work. Probably AFR will start to work stably over time.
    The prefix was rebooted and de-energized several times.
    I checked all the series, on the rest of the AFR it works fine when switching the next series.

7. serg fedorov

In the settings I set AFR forcibly AUTO. Now everything is OK with AFR.
    False alarm. Sorry.
    But the weather doesn't work. Hopefully will be updated in the next firmware.

8. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Is the VS10 engine working when playing Dolby Vision content for everyone else? Using this fireware, VS10 engine only seems to work for SDR and HDR content. I could have sworn the previous firmwares the VS10 could be applied to all content and work.

Cheers

K

9. Markswift2003

All working here - what is your HDR setting?

10. Oldpainless

Tried Player led and TV lead, makes no difference. HDR setting is use Vs10 for HDR and Dv. When playing HDR, the ziddo reports Vs10, when playing DV, it reports DV 8bit DV (TV lead).

EDIT: Also, my black levels are way out with DV

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-oled-c8-owners-and-discussion.2162797/page-565

Tried full range and limited. Normally, I run limited on both the zidoo and Tv, but using DV purge test, blacks are massively crushed (when playing DV content, my LG OLED locks/greys out the black level adjust).

This page shows what look right, and wrong for DV content. http://test.full.band/vtest_BlackPLUGE.html With my TV at 50% brightness (which is the correct setting for HDR/DV, I don't see any bars at all).

Test file for DV can be found here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/op...g-calibration-patterns.2944378/#post-57600920

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  11. Markswift2003

Your TV is Dolby Vision, therefore VS10 will output Dolby Vision.

You set HDR to VS10 for DV and HDR content only then only DV and HDR are output in DV. SDR will output as SDR.

If you set Dolby Vision to output LLDV, it will output 12bit 422 LLDV

If you set Dolby Vision to output TV Led Dolby Vision it will output 8-bit RGB Tunnelled TV Led Dolby Vision

If you play Dolby Vision material you will see the Dolby Vision Logo and Zidoo will report DV and bitdepth/colour encoding will depend on Dolby Vision setting above.

If you play HDR material you will see VS10 logo (because VS10 is converting to DV) and Zidoo will report VS10 (because it is using VS10 to output DV)

It sounds like your player is acting correctly, you are just interpreting what's coming out incorrectly.

As for black level - the Zidoo outputs levels correctly (always set HDR range to 16-235) but I think there is an issue with LG TVs - others with an LG TV should be able to advise.

Pluge tests (I've tested using Dolby Vision, HDR and SDR Pluge and ramped tests) resolve to black correctly but again, LG TVs seem to have an issue with this.

xskip likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

The thing to remember about VS10 is that it will always output the highest order of dynamic range processing which depends on the TV's EDID.

If the TV is DV, VS10 will always output DV

If the TV is HDR only, VS10 will always output HDR.

If the TV is SDR only, VS10 will always output SDR.

This of course can be manipulated by using a custom EDID.

serg fedorov and Oldpainless like this.
  13. Oldpainless

"Your TV is Dolby Vision, therefore VS10 will output Dolby Vision." Ah, that makes sense, thank you.

Odd that I don't have the black level issue with HDR (on the LG, black level is available and set to low as it should be), but with DV (black level greyed out), the blacks are completly crushed.

Any other LG OLED owners here have the issue or a solution?

If I set to TV led, both the Zidoo and TV are correctly showing 8bit rgb, however, if I set to player led, the Zidoo reports 12bit, but the OLED reports 8bit....all very odd.

Cheers, and thanks Mark.

EDIT - will do more digging and report back.

Update - well, I cast the test file directly to the TV, and same result as the Zidoo...so.....sorry Mark to clog the thread, looks like it's not the Zidoo.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  14. Markswift2003

The 12-bit/8-bit thing isn't unusual - even though 8-bit 422 isn't a legal HDMI mode, some TVs still report 12-bit 422 as 8-bit 422 because they both bizarrely use the same bandwidth - just poor programming I guess.

Oldpainless likes this.
  15. rtos

rtos Member

I just recently upgraded to 6.3.75 and did not notice this problem before but I'm now having problems with .iso playback. I'm experiencing stutter/freeze up when playing back the .iso files. This stutter does not occur with .mkv or BDMV files being playback. The problem is not restricted to DV but all .iso files. 4kHDR, 3D and DV .iso files. I have used two different sw programs to create the .iso files but still end up with stuttering. I have rebooted/rescanned with just temporary fix but problem reoccurs. There was discussion on mkv DV files having a problem earlier in forum but I have not seen or read of any problems with .iso files. Anyone else experienced problems with .iso file stuttering?

16. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

When is it planned to release a new firmware with fixes?

Letmein and UTAVATU like this.
  17. Darkone

Darkone New Member

Hi,

Since the 2 updates, My library is not update when i started HT4. In V6.3.55 thé update is OK.
    My library is in a Synology in NFS protocol.

Anyone else have this problem ?

18. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

Coming across an issue with HDMI-CEC with LG C1, when switching between sources like away from Zidoo to PC and back to Zidoo, upon selection of Zidoo HDMI source. The Zidoo will shutdown.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Oldpainless

Not sure if this goes here, or a bug report section?

Auto refresh AND Resolution switching is outputting 4:4:4 8bit, even though the zidoo OSD reports 4:4:4 10/12 bit (depending on settings).

20. Markswift2003

Never experienced that - can you give your settings so I can try to replicate.