Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

New widget (activated by default) in the categories of the Welcome page of HT.

DELUCAS likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thank you for that . :)
    No wonder i could not see it i dont use / enable classification mode .

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  4. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

After installing this 6.3.75 firmware from the menu of the film library, it began to be constantly thrown out to the main screen.

5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I'm also disappointed and underwhelmed, because adding features (useless or not) seems more important than squashing bugs :mad::confused:
    It seems to me, they honor the wishes of the few, and are indifferent for the problems of the masses.
    @Markswift2003 Can you confirm this ????
    Because when it is so, i can skip this FW

Tarantula likes this.
  6. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

I can record a video of how it happens. Will that suit you? And send you an email

7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

You can ask @Markswift2003 or @mirror but there won't be done anything for about 2 weeks "Jan 26th (Wednesday) to Feb 7th (Monday)" because of chinese holiday.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm confused about "..file can be matched one day and not at all the next day.."

In order for a match to change, there has to be a change in the files for that movie - it doesn't do it on its own unprompted. I've got all the Star Wars and Pirates movies and they matched correctly initially and have never changed since (I haven't changed the file structure/naming etc.. )

As for scraping accuracy leading to this WWE nonsense - I wonder if it's punctuation causing the problem - the scraper has a big issue with punctuation at the moment - something I pointed out to the devs last week so should be sorted next time (I use NFOs so generally don't notice this sort of thing).

9. domifer

domifer Member

Well in that case I don't find it very useful. maybe it's complicated to implement, but to me "Shuffle" will make sense, if it randomly picked a movie among the "Unwatched" category only. In that case I can accept that it will also starts playing it.

lawdawg likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Not sure why this would happen - certainly doesn't here, so all I can suggest is a factory reset.

(backup your HT library first)

11. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Я могу Вас пороспть Рассказать о данной проблеме
    Resetting to the factory did not help, everything just throws it either to the home screen or back to the posters menu.

12. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Thanks for clarifying Mark. Looking at posts below this there is a group of scope users that are helped by this approach and I’m glad it is there for them. I didn’t see that use case clearly because it didn’t apply to me. I’m assuming it is people who don’t have automated zoom/focus, have it but don’t wish to use that feature in a scope environment because of the time it takes to switch ARs, and/or want the GUI to take up the entire scope screen.

is there a chance that this could be adapted for people who use automated zoom on their projector, or an anamorphic lens? Specifically could we have an option to shift the video players menus and play bar into the 2.35:1 video area without applying masking or compression? I imagine it might be as simple as applying the 2.35 with mask option but remark out the code that applies the actual mask.

Sorry for my frustration earlier, it’s just that this set of features is so tantalizing close to helping out what is likely the largest groups of constant height users (zoomers and anamorphic lens.)

Thanks for the time you spend on here helping everyone and advocating for us to Zidoo. Have a great day!

13. skelton

skelton Member

Yes, you can change font size on SRT subs. This has been a feature for a long time now. You can also change the vertical position of subs which is useful for projector owners with a 2.35:1 screen.

JonR likes this.
  14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I agree seems to be a lot of focus on adding dubious 'features' into HT4 and functions for large screen/projectors but nothing about fixing long standing bugs.

gadgetman likes this.
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mark, adding something like this would be fine if the firmware was rock solid and more or less issue free. But surely taking time to build, in my opinion, a silly function like this is crazy and a waste of development effort.

Who asked for it?
    Who is going to use it?
    What's the point of it?

16. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

If it were punctuation why would a manual re-match produce different results than a scan performed against the entire source? Presumably the same logic should apply to both? But that doesn’t seem to be the case.

One observable difference is that a source scan appears to match each file individually and independent of others in the same folder. You can see it jumping back and forth in the gui between different tv series. Where as a re-match of a tv series processes the contents of the entire folder and presumably sets common attributes across the entire folder. That just a complete guess on my part, but something is different between the 2 scenarios because they produce different results when processing the exact same files.

I asked about logging the scanners/matching before so we could help provide more than anecdotal feedback to the developers on this topic. Rather than focus on how we can change the file name, shouldn’t they focus on why it works when you manually rematch vs the automated scan against the entire source?

17. cappy1

cappy1 Member

The complaints over long-standing issues on this forum reminds me of the lessons learned by Xerox with their copiers back in the early 1980’s. Management pulled their design staff away from fixing long-established customer complaints to focus on new features. With each successive model they carried over the old issues while creating new ones.
    The machines became so increasingly unreliable that customer complaints soared, but management kept the staff working on new features. To make customers a little happier, Xerox hired an army of service technicians to keep the machines running. I hear one technician spent so much time in a company that he was invited to their annual Christmas party! Meanwhile, the Japanese arrived on the scene with reliable copiers and took away Xerox’s small machine business.

The moral? Listen to the “voice of your customers” when setting priorities.

Letmein, vddan, gadgetman and 2 others like this.
  18. Markswift2003

Must admit I've not had a chance to see what's changed with the 2.35 settings on this firmware yet.

I'm a bit confused over what you're asking about here - as far as I checked last firmware that happens (with the exception of the bottom end of the dropdown context menus) and whether you have the mode set to masking or compression was irrelevant because either way it's a 2.35:1 image - again I need to check what's changed.

19. Markswift2003

I certainly wouldn't want to begrudge the devs a little bit of frivolity here and there, particularly on the run up to New Year and Spring Festival!

lawdawg likes this.
  20. puremind

puremind New Member

Trailers -> seem to be fixed
    Delay when starting a movie... not working.

The most important issue:
    HDMI CEC Volume -> not working. Cannot control the volume using HDMI CEC or not using it. This should be top priority!
    Media player that can't control volume out proper with HDMI-CEC with a normal Receiver like a Denon X3500H cannot be recommended to anyone.