Beta version 6.0.80 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 11, 2020.

1. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@mirror
    As I request "multi-channel passthrough support for online streaming" and Zidoo added I decided to keep version 6.0.80, but with reverting via adb shell of some of OMX Realtek video library from 6.0.46/6.0.60.
    For me with reverting library UHD/HDR contend is play well as before when use firmware 6.0.46/6.0.60 with addition of getting multi-channel passthrough with Prime/Netflix.
    Waiting for next firmware build.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    fedofed and Markswift2003 like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow ;)

4. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Is amazon prime working well?

5. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I have C9 as well and just reverted my Z9X back to .66.

FW 80 gave occasionally crackling noise from speakers but FW 66 dosn't.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have been working hard, people should know that there is no Media Player native support DV MKVs. While we solve these problems, there may be some regression problems. So please give zidoo a little more tolerance.

7. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I think we all understand that stressing them is not a solution, I understand that this is the only device that can play Dolby vision with the vs10 engine. As other my issue is more marketing. When you go on the zidoo website they are selling the z9x player as the best player of all time but nothing says the firmware and so the device is still in beta. A lot of people like me are happy to contribute in this early state but for people who just want a set and forget media box, they should be aware of the beta state before buying.

Osmar and ghostshadow like this.
  8. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

And that's the problem, you say you work hard, but the community has asked you for a little more transparency on the follow-up. Except you do not communicate on the work, we do not know what problem you are working on.

So a follow up saying what Bug fix you are working on for the next Firmware and the progress would be able to reassure the community and get their tolerance and patience.

I personally sent you samples and made available entire films with the Stuttering problem, because you (zidoo) told me to work on it and found the problem.

So I'm still waiting.

cordially

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

We don't doubt for a minute that Zidoo is working very hard on it. Thanks for that! ;)

The problem with this FW update is that it actually broke more things than it fixed for general playback matters not being DV.
    Please come with fixes for those without trying to improve DV further as quick as possible. Going back is not that easy for many users and is not without risk neither. :rolleyes:

Please remove the FW version check when updating. One can always do a Factory Reset if some incompatibilities cause problems. :(
    I own(ed) many brands of players with some allowing downgrading and others not. Those allowing it never caused me any type of serious problems when going back.

Zidoo also could go for just allowing going back to a stable release. For that option stable releases could be published with a special go-back version with an implicit reset/clean data. The emergency ROM reset will then only be needed for what it is supposed to be used for "real emergencies". :)

Opened a special topic for this under general as it applies to all player generations and all FW versions.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...out-emergency-rom-flashing.84297/#post-140100
    Please comment on it there. Specifically Zidoo is invited to do so.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  10. Genadi

Genadi Member

the worst firmware so far

11. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

I suggested to wait until next firmware to get fix of general playback degradation.
    Install Prime Video - Android TV and alternativ AppDrawer to launched when want try.

fedofed likes this.
  12. maglione

maglione Member

Agree!

13. fedofed

fedofed New Member

Thank you very much, tomorrow there will be something to do. And what kind of adb did you throw, I would also like to experiment, while the update is released, the firmware is still buggy

14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I am getting now really fed up for developing the product on our side............going back to my X9S for stability reasons..........DV no need for me.......
    To introduce bugs which have already been rectified on older HW is a no go for me personally......Better HW, old bugs, no way

Mabon likes this.
  15. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I replaced my HiMedia Q10 box with a Zidoo 1000 Pro this year because I had had enough of failing updates and a poor support from HiMedia. Is Zidoo now behaving as badly as HiMedia did :mad:!

P.S. I don't use Dolby Vision ... I have a Samsung TV!

Topdude and Osmar like this.
  16. iordan99

iordan99 New Member

I am disappointed from new flagman zidoo Z10 pro. This flagman is upgrade more HW and a little in SW. SW is downgrade. This flagman has no OpenWRT system, has no some protocols like oldest flagmans.(ITUNES,FTP,ARIA2, BITTORRENT.) The workflow is difficult with this device. For example: If i want to download some torrent file i have to download on my PC, because i cant directly download on ZIDOO via network and after that i have to copy file from PC and with the smb to the my zidoo hdd. OMG. WHAT IS THAT? If i download file on my PC, i will watch there the movie. Why i have to use zidoo? Because now zidoo is like a phone and tablet, but not MINI PC. Zidoo was MINI PC. I have older ZIDOO and this ZIDOO and my workflow process with the old zidoo is better than this new flagman with price 349 usd. You have to work in that - to workflow be betther. I will be wait for some version to see what will have with the new firmwares and i will just change the brand. I am not QA , i want better product for this price.

Thanks

17. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Android Debug Bridge (adb)
    Code:
    <---  ex: connect over TCP/IP to box --->
    adb connect <ip_player:5555>
    adb root
    adb connect <ip_player:5555>

<---  to write local system folder to box /system --->
    adb remount
    adb push system /

<---  reboot box --->
    adb reboot

Some of adb useful commands list here.
    For Windows can use ADB Kits (adb.exe AdbWinApi.dll AdbWinUsbApi.dll) download from here.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Mabon likes this.
  18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I'm sure you ARE working hard and I'm not banging on about DV in MKV at the moment. I would just like the long standing bug of full blurays playing in the GUI refresh rate and not native fixed!

Mabon likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

darkeyes909 and Mabon like this.
  20. fedofed

fedofed New Member

And what libraries did you change? Can I have them too?