HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

There's been so much said and asked about DV that I want to start a dedicated HDR10+ thread. I have a Z1000 Pro but I would like to canvass opinions from owners of all 3 players.

I have come away from a question I raised in another thread where I asked: -

Regarding HDR10+ I'd like to see confirmation somewhere that I'm actually viewing an HDR10+. When I press the menu button on my Z1000 Pro's remote and bring up the video information, all I ever see is HDR10 - I never see HDR10+. My Samsung TV doesn't report HDR10+ either. Am I missing something?

And got the following very quick response from @Bill-Z9X (thank you).

My Receiver is a Yamaha RX-A1070 - it doesn't currently pass HDR10+ (or at least I don't think it does) . It does pass DV so I'm surprised and confused as to why no HDR10+. It's just another mystery surrounding the whole subject of HDR, involving HDR and Audio Pass-through, eARC and HDMI 2.1. The net is just full of people saying one thing only to be refuted by others saying the opposite. My receiver does eARC but as it's not 2020 vintage, it does not support HDMI 2.1.

My Tv is a Samsung QE75Q950R - it does have an HDMI 2.1 port but it doesn't currently (will it ever?) support eARC - and of course, if it did, what would be the benefit unless you you use such a TV for gaming? It supports HDR10+ but not DV.

OK so I bought an HDfury AVR Key to split the Video and Audio - video straight to the TV and Audio through to my receiver through a non-eARC port. It is not an HDMI 2.1 device. At the time of purchase I bought a new set of HDMI 48gbps certified leads. This device, as explained to me and as it says on the tin, seems to work perfectly. Video and Sound seem superb.

However I need to be sure that with confirmed HDR10+ videos, that my TV, through this setup, is producing HDR10+. The info via the TV's remote doesn't produce anything (or if it should, I do not know how) and the Zidoo's remote brings up nothing regarding HDR10+ either. I was hoping the Zidoo would report what was actually pumped through it and not have to rely on whatever any nfo.file says. On the Zidoo, I'm pressing the menu button on the remote then scrolling down to the video information. I know the titles I have are HDR10+ ones but am damned if I can get the Zidoo to display confirmation. I have HDR marked as "Auto" in the Zidoo's settings. Not sure what you mean by I started a movie without HDR10+ or how I can force it.

Hope to get some more help please

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My first test would have been connecting the Zidoo straight to the TV. Very few currently used AMP's passing HDR10+ I am afraid. They were very late to include support for it.

TV's are typically bad in reporting Audio and Video format details.
    Amp's are far better at that using an Info button if present.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry @Nice Monkey but I haven't! Where did you read that? I know my post was long but this was so I could provide as much information about my setup. This is what I said: -

"OK so I bought an HDfury AVR Key to split the Video and Audio - video straight to the TV and Audio through to my receiver through a non-eARC port. It is not an HDMI 2.1 device. At the time of purchase I bought a new set of HDMI 48gbps certified leads. This device, as explained to me and as it says on the tin, seems to work perfectly. Video and Sound seem superb."

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can also check that the files you're using are HDR10+ with MediaInfo (just to be sure!).

My TV isn't HDR10+ but I can get the Zidoo to output HDR10+ using an appropriate EDID in a Vertex but the only reason I know it's spitting out correctly is from the Vertex GUI.

I submitted the lack of HDR10+ confirmation in the info page as a bug a while ago and I can't help wondering if it's just a truncation issue with the strings reported on screen since it's over on the right margin.

upload_2020-10-21_13-15-41.png

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Very useful information, thanks. I haven't delved into the various settings of my HDfury AVR Key - I don't suppose you know if I could get the same output somehow?

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Confused - what TV and how do you display HDR10+ confirmation?

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I would add that I do use MediaInfo and my half dozen HDR10+ titles all confirm the first video track as HDR10+.

I just want to see the TV displaying confirmation somehow

8. Markswift2003

Sorry - the AVR Key has no such output.

9. Markswift2003

Absolutely right - my Sammy gives up nothing!!

10. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

The Oled Panasonic tvs displays the logo HDR+ when you play the content in this format.
    A diferent logo appears at bottom right side of tv.
    Normal HDR appears in up left side of tv with the resolution.

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

If you connect TV directly to the player, you will definitely see HDR +

12. Xiro

Xiro New Member

good, zidoo connected to bar hw-q90r and this connected to tv q90r, and without any problem with hdr10 +, information is reflected on the tv

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmm - so my Samsung should show "HDR10+" ? Is this what you are saying? If so please explain how you actually get the TV to show it because I've tried pressing the "info" button on the remote but nothing ever shows. My Zidoo's video output is from the HDfury and that is connected to the TV's One Connect Box directly. Before I got the HDfury and before I went into hospital, I did try the Z1000 Pro, connected to the TV but again could get no meaningful screen information, never have even with other sources.

Thanks.

14. Xiro

Xiro New Member

En estos dos lugares se refleja, uno en la barra de aplicaciones / configuración y el segundo en la entrada HDMI donde está conectado el zidoo

Screenshot_20201022-120949.jpg Screenshot_20201022-121032.jpg

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for that - yes this is what I'm trying to see. Pressing the "info" button on the remote does nothing on my Q950R:(

16. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "rozel, publicación: 135818, miembro: 54830"] Gracias por eso, sí, esto es lo que estoy tratando de ver. Presionar el botón "info" en el control remoto no hace nada en mi Q950R [/ QUOTE]

botón de información, el mío tampoco da información, debes mirar la barra de la aplicación o también crear un acceso directo para el zidoo y hacer clic en él, así se mostrará información sobre la película

17. Xiro

Xiro New Member

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Xiro your help is very much appreciated.

OK I have tried again with my TV Remote. Playing a known HDR10+ title on the Zidoo, I press "Source" on the TV Remote then I press "info". This then brings up the Input Signal Plus screen in the top right corner of the screen. It shows "HDR UHD" and not "HDR10+ UHD" as I had hoped. I guess the HDfury AVR Key is messing with the video for some reason - I'm taking this up with HDfury to see what they say. I have no idea what you are saying regarding setting up a shortcut - what do you mean exactly? Please explain steps.

19. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "rozel, publicación: 135884, miembro: 54830"] Gracias [USER = 59956] @Xiro [/ USER] su ayuda es muy apreciada.

De acuerdo, lo he intentado nuevamente con mi control remoto de TV. Al reproducir un título HDR10 + conocido en el Zidoo, presiono "Fuente" en el control remoto de TV y luego presiono "información". A continuación, aparece la pantalla Input Signal Plus en la esquina superior derecha de la pantalla. Muestra "HDR UHD" y no "HDR10 + UHD" como esperaba. Supongo que HDfury AVR Key está jugando con el video por alguna razón; estoy hablando de esto con HDfury para ver qué dicen. No tengo idea de lo que está diciendo con respecto a la configuración de un atajo, ¿qué quiere decir exactamente? Explica los pasos. [/ QUOTE]

un placer ayudarte. Cualquier dispositivo que esté conectado al televisor, si lo buscas verás que tiene opciones para editar nombre y tmb para "agregar a página de inicio". Si miras mi última foto verás que junto a Netflix, Amazon, etc. .. también está el zidoo y el escudo nividia. Esto es lo que quiero decir, una vez que esté viendo el ziddoo, vuelva a dar el enlace directo, obtendrá la información que desea ver

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

since my amp ..sony dn 1080 cant pass HDR 10+ ,but is eArc compatible ,as is my Panasonic z1000 OLED, i just swapped cables around to test

Im now getting HDR 10+ showing for The boys 4k tv epis in Season 1 ,as well as Atmos down to the amp,so happy chappy ...if it ever becomes a supported format :p

Alita ,full 4k copy ,comes up with HDR10+ and Atmos flash on tv top left at start
    Jaws HDR remux mkv is also showing hdr10+ via tvs info
    Zidoo pause and info shows it only as HDR
    Panasonic info shows it as HDR 10+
    Amp shows as Atmos
    Shame DV wouldnt also play from full 4k Bluray copy

seems like i should have been using earc from the start,once i upgraded to the pana z1000

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020