HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

only way now would be to try your Zidoo out on a different Tv.....got any mates with a panasonic oled ? or other hdr10+ tvs
    eliminate the zidoo or the tv from the equation( ie somethning zidoos sending which panasonic is ok with but Samsung isnt

2. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Unfortunately no, not with HDR10+ compatibility. But I'd say it's pretty much Zidoo if this Panasonic BD player transfers the HDR10+ to the Q90T without issue.

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

you could also make a new thread ,see if anyone else on the forum has your type of Samsung tv...see if they have the same issue ..specify the tv in the title

4. Xiro

Xiro New Member

very good, some time ago at the beginning of the thread, I already commented that since update 6.045 the hdr10 + was already broken. In the first updates it worked correctly. I also have samsung

mijacmad likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

My TV is a Samsung QE75Q950R and it reports HDR10+ when the Zidoo is switched to 23.976Hz. Cables can be picky, have you checked these - I assume you have?

As you know though, whatever the framerate I have set on the Zidoo, sometimes the HDR10+ PQ is extremely dark but the TV still shows the signal correctly. I still haven't phathomed this out but cannot see why my Samsung would sometimes show it ok and other times not. I'm suspecting the media.

6. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

I have certified Philips cables and love the quality of HDR10+ when it works in 24Hz (That being on other devices). Samsung only shows it fine for me at 60Hz, and then you get judder because of the unnatural framerate..

bipbip2077 likes this.
  7. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

So I borrowed a Panasonic DP-UB150EB BD HDR10+ compatible player, connected to Q90T TV with the same HDMI used for the Zidoo. Used disc 'Bad Times at the El Royale', which has HDR10+.

Playback info for the Panasonic BD player reports output as HDR10+ (See PANBD.jpg)
    Playback info for the Samsung Q90T reports receiving/playback of 24p HDR10+ (See SAMTV.jpg)

This conclusively confirms that it is the Zidoo with issue of outputting HDR10+ at 24p to Samsung TV's or possibly other makes too.

PANBD.jpg - PANBD.jpg

SAMTV.jpg - SAMTV.jpg

8. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Back again regarding HDR10+ - after comparisons with Z9X & Native TV apps using the same files, it appears that HDR10+ does not exist at all on the Z9X and just the code that is triggering the usage to be shown on the tv but not the advantages in colour/brightness (for me only at 50Hz & 60Hz).

HDR10+ files on the Zidoo are extremely dark/dull whether it's working or not, whereas normal HDR on the Zidoo is outstanding bright and colourfull. HDR10+ through plex app on the TV/Plex on the Amazon Fire Cube is also outstanding and not dark and dull in the slightest, the colours ping.

Hopefully Zidoo can sort this out as it's one of the primary reasons that I purchased the player and still having a working X9S. It's quite obvioulsy not a Samsung issue.

9. Darren Shackleton

Darren Shackleton New Member

Hello just thought would let you know I have just got the zidoo player and a samsung tv and I play hdr10+ files and the TV shows hdr10+ with auto frame rate

10. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

What are your exact settings ?? Is it a new Samsung? There are a couple of others with the same issue, but literally the HDR10+ files - Back to the future in particular - are dull and dark, but play the same file through other compatible devices and apps with HDR10+ through the same HDMI cable & port and the picture is amazing.

11. Darren Shackleton

Did notice the back to the future is dark tried Alita that seems ok it was last years model samsung will have to try more over weekend

12. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

BTTF is amazing quality when played back by the amazon fire tv or the plex app on the samsung tv. Mine is this years Samsung so it'd odd that a panasonic 4k BD player, Amazon fire cube 4k, plex samsung app all play HDR10+ fine, just the zidoo fails.

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

its weird since Alitas HDR 10 + is a lot better than the darker DV version

and BTTF doesnt really look too dark on my panasonic tbh thought it looked great
    and TV shows like The Boys look good and The Expanse s05 is looking awesome in HDR10+

14. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Try BTTF on the inbuilt plex app on your TV you'll see the difference.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

heres BTTF HDR10+ via Z9X and direct play via usb on the panasonic oled

hard juggling phone and remotes to trigger info and get same spot ziddoo slighlty darker and slight red push ?

got back after walk did a few more tries and tbh the darker z9x first try was just lighting and phone camera i think
    next couple i posted show the other way round with the panasonic z1000 looking darker at round same spot

just playing them thru its prett hard to tell the difference if i didnt have the info button to show which i was on

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  16. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

That's really odd how that last shot was also so dark in comparison. I'll try get some shots like that later. I've been doing this video thing since day dot and the first Tivx players and never come across anything like this.

That it's sold on this main feature among others and yet it's totally inconsistent is kinda sloppy, you only really should expect minor glitches between firmwares.

17. Darren Shackleton

What firmware you on

18. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

19. Darren Shackleton

Cheers upgraded to 60.0.60 and it not good on hdr10+

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

.80 here but dont upgrade to this stick to .60 or .66 ....80 makes hdr10+ do same as DV DA in say Alita , plus so many other added faults