HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

I still not HDR10+ on the last update v6.1.05_G

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Maybe it would be helpful to the experts on here if people who are having HDR10+ issues, could detail their TV , Zidoo version and maybe their AVR / Soundbar etc.

3. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Samsung Q90T direct from Z9X hdmi out. Have also tried from Z9X through Samsung HDR10+ compatible soundbar Q800T to Q90T and no HDR10+.

Same set up with Amazon Fire Cube - HDR10+ without issue
    Same set up with Panasonic BD Player - HDR10+ without issue

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Is it with the fw 6.1.05 only or was there the problem with the previous FW like the .66 or the 0.90 for example

5. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

It has never worked, no matter the FW.

6. OlivierQC

Okay, according to other people's feedback, it worked and was taken for granted.

Zidoo are on vacation tonight for 15 days, it's bad timing.

7. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

but they feel good, a 15-day holiday :)

and I have no way to check if HDR10 + is working, because I have z9x connected to the marantz sr6010 receiver and it does not pass HDR10 + signal only DV, tv is tcl 65x10, which supports these two standards

8. OlivierQC

hello ulna68,

In this case you could connect the zidoo directly to the TV :)

it seems that they are the ones who have Samsung TVs

9. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I also thought about connecting directly to the TV, but now I do not have any HDR10 + material (it seems to me a standard that will end up like betacam, or HD-DVD and other technology development dead ends;)
    and the issue of overvoltage cables is a big problem due to the TV set

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to send you a "sample" HDR10+ .mkv file so you can test. Just PM me with your email address if you'd like me to

11. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

In this very thread multiple people reported issues with HDR10+, several times and it's gone completely ignored when coming to FW changes.

12. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

That depends Samsung being the biggest seller of TV's and panel supplier, and having HDR10+ and not DV. Either way I have HDR10+ sources and purchased the Z9X for this very reason.

turbomaxBG likes this.
  13. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

Sony was also a big player on the market and his betamcam lost, it seems that HDR10 + does not have much support from Hollywood

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think you mean Betamax..

Betacam did very well for Sony!

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I had a Betamax Player, I think I still do. Quality was much better than VHS in the beginning :D

16. Markswift2003

Just reread our posts on this thread - it's definitely a real puzzler. I have a Samsung and HDR10+ plays fine - I think a lot of others do too.

If on the new firmware you play an HDR10+ file and the HDR10+ logo comes up in the top left (and also in <Info>) that means that the Zidoo is reading the TV EDID correctly and is squirting HDR10+ out.

In other words the HDR10+ signal is reaching the TV.

If it then doesn't manifest at the TV there're two options:

1. The Samsung is displaying but misreporting the HDR10+ signal (I know Sammy's do this - they often misreport input signals)

2. The Samsung is receiving but unable to decipher the HDR10+ signal

I think I know how this will pan out, but let's check as belt and braces - can you download your EDID and post it:

Quick Settings/Other/About/Advanced Settings/System/Realtek Developer Options/Save EDID on USB Stick

I know the EDID will have an HDR10+ VSDB since you say that other devices work, but I just want to check there's nothing in the EDID that would confuse the Zidoo.

17. Markswift2003

The quality was better at the end too!

18. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

You're right, I meant Betamax, in the series Married with Children they make fun of Al Bundy that he bought Betamax and he can't watch anything;)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Do you think Betamax tapes are the next media that'll make a comeback after Vinyl and Compact Cassette? Hihi

Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

I used to love that program!!!!