Zidoo Z9X announced

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not quite sure what you're asking, but the Profile 7 base layer is simply a 10-bit HDR10 stream, so the player simply uses that and ignores the enhancement layer. Profile 7 is fully backwards compatible with HDR10.

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

So the answer is it can’t play DV UHD BD rips in DV unless you convert to another profile which on other devices has introduced other problems.

So it’s useless as a DV MKV playback device if it will only play in HDR10.

Yes?

3. Markswift2003

No, it handles DV extremely well and VS10 is superb.

The only restriction I've seen so far is Profile 7 FEL which is understandable, but it plays Profile 5, 7 MEL and 8 MKVs in DV.

4. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

the local forum in my region also mentioned dv support currently is rather limited.

5. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i dug in a bit more. specifically, it appears dual layer (profile 7?) DV in ISO is not yet supported

6. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Hi. Do you know of any evaluations - comparison between Z9S and Z9X? Is there any difference in PQ and AQ for an average user like me?

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

8. Nice Monkey

This will never come being illegal! Other DV formats are supported, more about that to be added later.

9. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

ic, thx for the added color. its just that ISO is the preferred format for some in my local region. it doesnt bother me personally since my TV doesnt support DV anyway.

10. Mojzekinohokker

Mojzekinohokker New Member

What do you mean beeing illegal. I can make backups legaly of the UHD Bluray discs I own. And the standard is profile 7 dv for all uhd-bd.

11. Nice Monkey

Yes but offering facilities for playing those after ripping is illegal with any box/player.
    The paragraph about DV profiles was expanded by me just now.

12. Mojzekinohokker

The oppo 203 was also a player and it could handle full uhd-bd rips in iso/bdmv from USB and NAS. Though they stated it as an unofficial feature but still worked flawlessly.

13. Nice Monkey

After replacing the official Oppo FW with illegal CFW bought from beneath the counter. Just make working CFW for the Zidoo and you will have an (illegal) business yourself. Doing so in my country will lead to prosecution for sure. Even selling the box with such CFW will lead to prosecution.

In fact I was surprised with profile 8 support but it was tested to work with MEL.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...new-rtd1619dr-based-models.80434/#post-130751

14. Mojzekinohokker

Nope you could play full uhd-bd stored as bdmv folders with the official firmware. ( though you may had to put it in AVCHD folder first ) You needed a jailbreak only for isos.

15. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

Hello everyone, sorry for my English. I have a question with the subtitles on the zidoo z9x.

I would like to know if in the latest firmware you can change the brightness or opacity in HDR and DV subtitles, in iso or folders with menus or without menus.

I have an OLED tv and the subtitles are too bright in hdr and DV and it is annoying for me.

I hope someone confirms that it can be done because for me it is very important to know this and decide to buy it.

Thanks

16. Markswift2003

Yes you can - For Program Stream (PGS) subtitles there is a position and brightness adjustment which is available for menu playback or main program playback.

ankhilion likes this.
  17. ankhilion

ankhilion New Member

Thanks