Zidoo Z9X announced

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Successor to the Z9S just announced - the Zidoo Z9X based on Realtek 1619:

Realtek RTD1619DR will be the basis of the upcoming Zidoo Z9X media player.
    The device will run on Android 9.0 and OpenWRT.
    The amount of DDR4 RAM is 2 GB, and the internal storage will be 16 GB eMMC memory, there will be one SATA 6 Gb / s port on board.
    Video output and input correspond to HDMI 2.0a, audio streams are output via HDMI, or S / PDIF, pass-through audio output is supported.
    There is also a Gigabit Ethernet port and an 802.11ac / Bluetooth 4.2 Wi-Fi adapter, there are two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0.
    Information about the cost and start of sales will be available in the near future.

Technical Specs:

Color: Aluminum Gray
    Screen: LED
    Operating System: Android 9.0
    Processor: Realtek RTD1619DR ARM Cortex-A55 (Hexa-core)
    RAM: 2GB (DDR4)
    Flash memory: 16GB eMMC
    Wi-Fi: 802.11 AC, MIMO Dual-Band WIFI
    Ethernet: 1 * RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100 / 1000Mbps)
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
    HDMI Out: HDMI 2.0a, support 4K @ 60fps, HDR10, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision
    Video decoding: HDR, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision, 10-bit HEVC / H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24fps
    Audio Decoding: MP3 / WMA / AAC / WAV / AC3 / DTS / OGG / FLAC / APE / SACD / DFF / DSF / APE etc.
    Network Protocol Support: NFS, SMB2
    USB: 2 * USB 3.0, 2 * USB 2.0
    SATA: 1 * SATA3.0
    HDMI: 1xHDMI Out + 1xHDMI In
    Other interfaces: 1 * IR Receiver, 1 * Composite video and audio port (Cvbs Out), 1 * SPDIF (2CH, 5.1 CH), 1 * 3.5mm RS232.2 * External High-Gain Antenna

3DBuff and sojer2005 like this.
  2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Very nice!!!
    More interesting than Dune HD 4 Pro II

3. Markswift2003

Definitely!

4. Markswift2003

Same form factor and socket layout as Z9S but gun metal grey like the X9S, with larger antenna which unfortunately, like the Z9S, are not removable (without surgery!)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  5. Markswift2003

Also HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, unlike the new Dune.

6. leonkoum

In x9s there are removable...
    Do you have any photos;
    I can't find anywhere...

7. Markswift2003

I did attach some to the first post but I think they got removed by a mod so I don't want to upset anyone...

Similar to the Z9S, if you open the case you can remove the clips inside, disconnect from the motherboard and remove the antenna. Obviously invalidates warranties though :)

8. Lala77

Lala77 New Member

Do you know when the Z9X will be available for purchase? I wanted to buy a Z9S soon.

9. Markswift2003

Not a clue, it's literally just finished going through FCC approval and with all that's going on at the moment it could be a while... Watch this space - I'm sure we'll have comment from Zidoo soon...

10. MicleCh

MicleCh New Member

What about 3D?

11. Markswift2003

the RTD1619 certainly supports 3D so I would assume so.

12. xskip

xskip Active Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  13. Markswift2003

The X is the 1619 premium model and has been on the cards for a few months now - My guess is that'll be knocking on the doors of $1000, but I think most people will be waiting for something like the Z9X - small form factor, about $150 -$170 with the same video performance.

JohnG and xskip like this.
  14. leonkoum

xskip likes this.
  15. xskip

xskip Active Member

aha. ok.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It's kind of confusing from X9S to Z9S to Z9X ;)

17. Schumy

Schumy Member

Please could you highlight the improvements over Z9S (eg better picture quality)? Many thanks.

18. Markswift2003

Picture quality will no doubt be improved, but only marginally, but what will improve is speed and with the addition of Dolby Vision Profile 5 and HDR10+, we're looking at much improved online streaming.

Hopefully I'm not overstepping the mark by saying that we're also looking at HT3 which I'm told has significant improvement over HT2.

xskip, Dan and sojer2005 like this.
  19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

With VP9 10 bit we should be able to play 4K HDR videos from YouTube.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Yeah, I noticed that too...