Zidoo Z9X announced

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nice teaser :p Maybe all models get an update with RTD1619 and/or RTD1395 respectively. Also Android TV versions could be part of it. :cool:
    I think these HW changes are actually relative simple to do. There seem to be only 2 physical different mainboards now: Z9S+Z10+Z1000 and X20+X20PRO+UHD2000 and just the SOC on these 2 can be changed to swap the full mainboard for any model. :D
    Only logistics need to deal next with more models and slightly different FW variants.

Where is this rumor coming from?

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It make sense to start rolling out base models first then with others to follow with more memory etc
    And then to the Higher end models .
    If it does come which i have no doubt it will...........

the Z10 Pro is for me . :) 9A80AE5B-7331-4255-91F9-15707604B91C.png

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

True, and I'm the same, but I'm badly afflicted with upgraditis.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

An \
    And then the Dune HD Pro 4K II was also sold by Futeko:
    https://www.futeko.com/products/MP106.php
    So the product must be real :D

5. Markswift2003

I would have been tempted, but not at £269!

And still the same photoshop renderings... ;)

6. xsander

xsander New Member

Hello, it is true that regarding the price, it's expensive the dune

Despatch: Wed 10-Jun. !!!!!:(

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This Dolby Vision that everybody is so exited about could be part of licensed Netflix app only. It may not effect or play any DV ISO's or File Structures.
    Personally I would prefer to have the ability to play DV rips than Netflix. I already have DV Netflix on my TV. It may appeal to some people with projectors where streaming apps are not build in.

With all this licencing we may get Cinavia, maybe lack of BD Menu and other stuff.

8. Markswift2003

That's exactly what I would expect - Given Dolby's stance on media players, l'd assume it to be licensed for streaming profile 5 only... We'll have to wait and see

9. DELUCAS

The only possitives from the new players will be more memory
    Hopefully better chipset and pic Quality .

HDR10+ and Android 9

Worth an upgrade for that ?
    Better Pic yes for me
    HDR10+ my screen is not cabable :(
    More memory smoother opperation etc be good

if they can do more things with this chipset to squeeze out better pic HDR , HDR10+ HLG ? Etc

maybe woth an upgrade for many .

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I’m planning to buy Z9X unless it’s a step back in any way. I have X9S and skipped Z9S. My plan was to buy one, skip one, get the next one ;)

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If 3D MVC playback is missing it’s no go for me :(

12. Markswift2003

Does the Z9S do it? (I don't use 3D at all)

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it does. I don't have it but someone would complain. There is 3D sticker on the top of Z9S together with other badges like 4K, HDR....

14. DELUCAS

Dont know any one in to 3D Movies
    But id imagine a few still .....

like many things will be phased out as more go for Dolby Vision , HDR10 + or The DTS version ......

who still buys a Bendy Tv nowdays ?

15. Markswift2003

Of course! Yes, there's one on the Z9X too...

bob79 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Bendy TV - LOL :)

DELUCAS likes this.
  17. DELUCAS

Gotta add some Humour on here at times . :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It should be ok then. 3D is already phased out but I have good collection and need player to support it. Best 3D flicker free image is out 4K TV using passive glasses if anybody had a chance to see it. All 3D projectors operate using 60Hz active glasses. It needs frame interpolation to synchronize with 24 fps movies outside of ghosting and eye strain issue. Big screen 3D is amazing on the other hand. I don’t think 4K HDR can top it up. Too bad it’s over.

bob79 likes this.
  19. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

my last tv supports 3D. I am v sensitive to flicker and it gave me v bad headache from watching a movie in 3d for 2 hrs. personally, it wouldnt be the reason for me to upgrade.

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

That’s why 3D was dropped after issues with earlier budget implementation. It got good at the very end with 4K OLED displays and passive glasses. It’s a pleasure to watch 2 hour movie. 3D Projectors never reached that level. Not recommended for extended period of time. Still amazing on big screen to be submersed in 3D reality even for half hour or entire movie once in a while.

bob79 likes this.