New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. rava

rava New Member

squeezelite connect no album cover

Attached Files:

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The "mesh" thing screws up everything, from time to time, as it reissues IP addresses on-the-fly without you being aware of.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

P.S.
    what is this mesh-network all about?!?!? Doea your LAN (wireless, of course) suck that much?!?!?!?

4. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

The mesh network works perfectly. It does not change IP addresses because it does not disconnect devices using it, and if you have a MAC address assigned to the IP in DHCP, there is no such risk at all. This is done on the basis of roaming. You have one SSID for the entire network, regardless of how many routers or repeaters work in it and for all bands. I have a large area to cover, so this works great. You can walk around the entire network area and see in the application how your mobile device jumps between devices without losing connection (if you release the ping, there are no lost packets!!!) Anyway, as I said, Eversolo worked perfectly with it because it has WiFi AC. It still works and is OK, except that after the update it does not see the resources correctly via the UPnP protocol, regardless of whether via WIFI or Ethernet

5. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

Apologizes for replying to myself but this his how the vanish tracks happen.

First I start playing various albums in various formats, keeping the same display on the A6.

Then eventually the track details will remain stuck to a previous track (stop updating):

[​IMG]

If I keep playing new albums or just change the template display, the tracks will completely disappear and never come back.

[​IMG]

Am I the only one with this issue?

Note that the track details are correctly displayed on the iPhone App, so the issue is purely with the A6 GUI missing an update.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  6. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I too have experienced missing info on the A8 screen. However, it has mostly been the ‘time info’ - the length of the track and how far into a track you are (including the line that displays this graphically).

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@the developers: Pls correct this within the next possible FW Update:
    Under Artist Albums should be listed in CHRONOLOGICAL Order, not by Alphabet.

Thanks in advance!

zipe likes this.
  8. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Not everyone wants this! There's nothing wrong with alphabetic sorting.

9. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

Hard to tell if it's by year of original release, or year of re-issue/remaster.

That's why I use this format:

YYYY . Title [XXXX Publisher CAT#] DRz

YYYY = Year of original release
    XXXX = Year of publication, can be different (>) than YYYY for re-issue/remaster
    DRz = Dynamic Range Album number

10. neoitata

neoitata Member

+1

11. I also listen by Artist - Year- Album. +1

12. Ecki

Ecki New Member

+1 ... at least as an option

DMP-A8 is ordered, but currently seems to be sold out in Germany ... more or less at least

TBH i still have to read the manual, but my music files are also fully tagged (mp3tag), yet, and will reside on a local SSD.

File system organization will be: Artist\yyyy - AlbumWithRemasterInfo\nn - trackTitle

13. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...in this case it might be an option to add a checkbox to select between the sorting options.

PS:
    Just started a poll to find out, what the general preference is.

14. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...depends on how you tag your Media. I prefer to use the ORIGINAL Release date of the Album. Beatles white Album is album is always 1968, no matter if it is the 1984 remaster, the 2011 special edition or the 2020 very expensive, very special Edition.....

db4 and Nutul like this.
  15. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...up to now i have never seen this problem on my DMP-A6. But i just have it only since ~1 week.

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

zidoo,

1. why is there a mic in the device?
    why do I have 7 zidoo apps for which I cannot remove the authorizations to use the mic.
    for me that's critical data privacy issue.
    any plans to solve that? when to expect?

pls post information how you use the data.
    pls post information how to disagree extended usage so at least gdpr regulations are in place

2. turning off Bluetooth via settings is not turning it off. still connected. any plans to fix that. when to expect?

Attached Files:

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Where? ...cannot see it.

Uninstalling them is not an option?

If this is true, than it's a very bad behavior. You have all my support. This has to be fixed. And explained!

18. supermood

supermood Active Member

you see in the Screenshots the apps and the mic access.
    I'm asking why there's a mic. how should I see it I'm not opening the a6 and even if I have no clue about electronics.

the Bluetooth issue should be easy to replicate. see Pic here. it's off but I'm still connected. yes, that's a pain. I'm trying to reduce bt and wifi in my living rooms, or better it's non existent here already - besides the a6 (with the z9x pro it's working to turn off via external sideloaded app).

mic topic is more important
    I need answers on data privacy from zidoo

Attached Files:

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You must be using a sideloaded Phone App to access Android settings ?
    These App's assume BT, Microphone, Camera and other HW to be present as standard facilities.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

From the picture I only understand BT is off, and will automatically turn on if you chose to pair a device...