New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Calling them out when they misquote is not an insult.

I will repost my post here once again for you to read.
    "There are many ways to connect your DMP-A6 to your Denon receiver, however to realise the full potential of playing back the many different audio formats the DMP-A6 is capable of I recommend you connect your DMP-A6 to your Denon 8500HA via HDMI. This way you can playback all the digital audio formats such as PCM stereo, PCM multichannel, DSD64 stereo, DSD64 multichannel and DTS via a single connection.
    I don't recommend using one of the analogue inputs on your receiver because your music will then be undergoing digital to analogue decoding in your DMP-A6 then analogue to digital encoding then digital back to analogue decoding in your Denon receiver. Too many conversions which will add unwanted noise and quantizing distortion to your music. I use the HDMI connection on my Denon 3800H with very satisfying results with my DMP-A6. :) There is no advantage using the USB input on your Denon receiver for this purpose.
    "

Once again I ask you, where do I recommend to use any of the AVR-X8500HA USB ports to connect to a DMP-A6? I didn't. Furthermore before you even started misquoting my posts I went on to clarify the use of the USB ports on the AVR-X5800HA in post #251 where I quoted parts from the Denon user manual which clearly states the front USB port is intended for the connection of storage devices such as USB HDD and thumb drives which support 2 channel PCM and DSD files stored on these devices using FAT32 or exFAT file systems. The AVR-X8500HA does not support the connection of iOS or Android devices (of which the DMP-A6 is the latter by virtue of its operating system), to any of the USB ports so why would anyone recommend connecting their DMP-A6 in this way? The user manual I attached to post #254 clearly states the intended use of the USB ports. Did you bother to read pages 95 and 107? I suspect not. Keep on digging. Sooner or later you'll dig a hole big enough to bury your garbage. ;)

2. Alan Rutlidge

Sílim go fóill go bhfuil tú ceann dick.

3. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Nowhere and i never claimed that.

What you said is:
    and that is exactly what you wrote here:
    Where purpose stands for digital input in the context.
    You messed up and now you are trying to bully your way out of it. You are making a fool of yourself.

4. Alan Rutlidge

For the dead obvious reason - it's not suitable, just as it says in the user manual, as I quoted and clarified before you interjected with your false information. You were wrong in every respect. As I said earlier, keep on digging.
    Seeing you're such a pedant which is ironic because you are far from perfect yourself. You're unable to substantiate your POV because you are technically inept, so the best you could come up with is to find a typo error. :eek: Well if that's your modus operandi let's start looking at your mistakes. Here's one for a start:-
    Which model is this? o_O X8500AH ??? - there's no such model in the Denon range AFAIK or that I could find for that matter. Perhaps you can provide a link? :rolleyes: People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Mr. Perfect.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

@Alan Rutlidge
    I may be wrong, of course, but what do these words of yours mean, if not USB audio input?

"... the USB input on the Denon AVR-X8500HA is restricted to stereo (2ch) operation and PCM bitrates of a maximum 192kbs/s and DSD 2.8 / 5.6MHz ..."

Jonsc and _Richard_ like this.
  6. Alan Rutlidge

Well Al, you'd be the last person on this forum I'd expect to misquote someone out of context. :eek:
    I believe that context is everything when responding to a post. For clarity and complete transparency let me quote what I said in post #251 in its entirety :-

[Whilst the DMP-A6 is capable of a wide variety of bitrates and bit depths, the USB input on the Denon AVR-X8500HA is restricted to stereo (2ch) operation and PCM bitrates of a maximum 192kbs/s and DSD 2.8 / 5.6MHz and only from storage media formatted to FAT32 or exFAT. Connecting the USB output of your DMP-A6 to your Denon won't work according to the user manual which states -
    "iOS and Android devices are not recognized. The USB port of this unit does not support playback from iOS and Android devices." therefore connection via HDMI is most likely to be your best and most versatile option.]

Perhaps I should have mentioned every possible format, bit depth and sampling rate of the files that can be read from a USB storage device but these are clearly mentioned in the Denon handbook for the AVR-X8500HA.
    In addition, I also uploaded a copy of the user manual for the Denon AVR-X8500HA so those following the discussion could do their own reading. I honestly don't think it could be clearer especially when read in conjunction with Denon's own user manual information. Furthermore in case it got missed I said "Connecting the USB output of your DMP-A6 to your Denon won't work...." What is incorrect or misleading about this statement? I back up my statement by referencing the information on page 316 of the user manual (see below).

Let's take a look at the user manual for the Denon AVR-X8500HA which references the front USB input to the receiver and read what it says.

X8500HA_p95.jpg

X8500HA_P333.jpg

X8500HA_p316.jpg

These pages from the Denon AVR-X8500HA user manual pretty well sums up the use of the front USB port. Yes, it's a fairly comprehensive manual and possibly not the easiest to wade through, but the information is there for those who take the time to RTFM. For a complete understanding on the facilities and functionality of the AVR-X8500HA I recommend reading the manual in its entirety.

Nowhere in this discussion do I refer to any of the USB ports on the Denon AVR-X8500HA as "USB Audio inputs"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  7. Alan Rutlidge

Context by its literal meaning is reading the whole post not just part of or just one sentence. I suppose you're possibly one of those "gifted" persons able to fully understand a book by reading just one sentence or part thereof of a document and then declaring you know the full story. ROFLMAO. If I didn't view your profile which says you're 55 years old, and if I didn't bother to check, I would have suspected the comments you made were coming from a typical Gen-Z person who by popular reputation typically seem to read or view the first 8 seconds of something and somehow think they know everything there is to know on the subject. :rolleyes:

Let's review the meaning of the word context -
    "What is the best definition of context?
    1. the parts of a piece of writing, speech, etc, that precede and follow a word or passage and contribute to its full meaning. It is unfair to quote out of context.
    2. the conditions and circumstances that are relevant to an event, fact, etc."

So let's review the facts. To affirm your assertions please direct me and everyone else following this thread to the post where I allegedly said that the front USB port on the Denon AVR-X8500HA is a "USB Audio input". I await your reply.

8. Remik

Remik Member

you're fighting a shit storm of words. This Denon model will not work as an external DAC and that's it. stop pursuing the topic

9. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

I'm 66. Calm down. Take a Valium. Sit down and breath deep and slow. Learn to admit a mistake and learn from the experience. Stop going berserk. Stop attacking me and univolved third parties. Refrain from further misusing the thread. If you think i am an idiot, that's ok, but you don't have to write it in Irish and in public, because there is a Private Message function for these purposes.

Jonsc likes this.
  10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

At @Alan Rutlidge
    I see it is a misunderstanding, as you use words like USB input and restricted to <some typical audio stream parameters> in the same sentence, and sounds like talking of a UAC use of the Denon.

While now it is clear to me (yes, you see, I was mislead too) what your point was, a more correct wording, IMO, would have been "on the Denon, the playback of files from a USB storage device is restricted to ...".
    This because, of course, the Denon has no USB audio input.

Jonsc, _Richard_ and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  11. Alan Rutlidge

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. One might assume you actually own a Denon AVR-X8500HA and an eversolo DMP-A6 and have tried this yourself so you are speaking from an authoritative perspective?

Can you quote a page or pages in the user manual for the Denon AVR-X8500HA where it says or even implies it can't be used as a DAC (that is, incapable of decoding digital audio signals) from any digital audio source? That would definitely convince me of your opinion, however I remain sceptical of the authenticity or veracity of your claim. I await your expert explanation from which this entire forum can benefit from your vast and intimate knowledge of both the Denon AVR-X8500HA and the eversolo DMP-A6.

12. Remik

Remik Member

The USB port on the Denon device is only used to handle music files stored on a pendrive or disk, it is not possible to connect a DMP to make it work.
    And you can skip further comments.

_Richard_ likes this.
  13. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

So, what is exactly this device doing when connecting a digital source to its HDMI/Tosling/Coax inputs and outputting an analogue signal to speakers?

14. Remik

Remik Member

frytki, lody, głupie pytanie, głupia odpowiedź. Życzę więcej pokory
    We are talking about the USB port, not HDMI coxial

15. Alan Rutlidge

Thank you for clarifying that Al. Sometimes it takes a second or even a third read of a post to not accidentally read something that isn't there and wasn't there in the first place.

The Denon AVR-X8500HA front USB (let's call it a "port" or connector to prevent any further misinterpretation) has no asynchronous or synchronous digital audio capability and therefore can't be connect to a USB digital audio source like the DMP-A6 as an example. This is made clear in the reading of the manual for the Denon AVR-X8500HA of which I provided screenshots of the relevant sections and uploaded the entire user manual for the benefit of the OP and others to read for themselves (should they have chosen to do so) that were following the topic. In the manual it clearly states that the USB port (connector) on the front of the AVR-X8500HA does not support the connection of iOS and Android devices of which the DMP-A6 is the latter. As a matter of semantics the port is technically an "input" of a sort in so much as it has the ability to read certain types of audio files (e.g. WAV, MP3, DSD, etc) from a USB storage device like an external USB HDD or USB thumb drive.

I could have posted my replies in German but my familiarity with the language that has some words of a character length amounting to more than the number of letters in the alphabet is extremely limited. :( Plus we are constantly reminded that this is an English language forum and members are frequently asked not to post in other languages. ;)

16. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Stupid question to a stupid remark…and write in English

You didn’t specify USB, you simply say that it can’t work as external dac….talking about humility. But you are right, it’s my fault, I should know better than to mix up with the likes of you.

Have a nice life

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  17. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

You don't have to write in german, i'm capable of reading, writing and speaking in english because i grew up in Canada.
    I too have to admit of stepping in the trap of misinterpreting and i apologize.
    Calling me an idiot, Mr. Perfect, Richard Cranium, technically inept, obviously not capable of reading, among other things, is a different story.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  18. Alan Rutlidge

In the spirit of goodwill I accept your apology even though most would probably have objected to your now deleted post of where you suggested that I go and perform a particular sex act as crossing the line. :eek:
    I, in turn extend an apology to you for any misunderstanding in the back and forth dialogue. Unfortunately, discussions can get heated and sometimes the gist of the original question and subsequent discussion can get lost in the "noise."

Time to move on and hopefully @JtagPabb1e that posed the original question that started this discussion is better informed on what their options are on connecting their DMP-A6 to their Denon AVR (AVC)- X8500HA. Perhaps the question should have been in its own thread as I believe this thread is primarily intended to discuss the version 1.2.50 firmware for the DMP-A6.

Apologies to the group for allowing the discussion to wander off topic discussing a third party hardware interconnection question.

JtagPabb1e and _Richard_ like this.
  19. octavius

octavius Member

Has firmware development reached its peak yet? So is everything fixed? I'm just asking because there hasn't been an update for a long time? I was afraid that the support ended. :):)

Uwe likes this.
  20. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

There was some posts about this over on ASR recently, mirror said that new firmware updates would be coming in the next month. One feature mentioned was a much improved digital volume control, the 15 step method will be replaced by something much better apparently.