New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. yes, it is

2. Thrifty Audio

Thrifty Audio New Member

I have tried five different SSD cards, including four different versions of the Samsung cards and none of them have worked. I can play my ripped CD's from an old (10 years?) Passport connected through USB, but the quality is poor (Passport's fault).

Worked with Eversolo customer service for countless emails. They wanted to buy my Samsung SSD card and have it shipped to China. I maintain there is something wrong with my unit (base DMP-A6). Summit agreed to exchange units, but they are out of base units for now. Customer service was very frustrating. What good is a warranty if the parent company will not honor it? Fortunately Summit will.

3. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

I understand that this is a download link ;) Translation issues deprive us of understanding the nuances ;) I wanted to be able to look for it myself.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  4. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BRSJCYJ5/ this one works fine in my A6

5. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Wanted the same because there is no document of change logs, one don`t know what`s in this zip. I am curious that @mirror has nothing told about this version. So I will not install this from an unknown adress.
    May be after that my DMP A6 turns in a wiim pro? I am afraid!!! :rolleyes:

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

the site of Zidoo should not be regarded of as "unknown", as Eversolo is under the umbrella of Zidoo... ayway, you're free to wait until an official download is available; just bear in mind that it might take some time still.

7. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I agree. But when I search manually for this zip on eversolo site, I can not find it. And there is nowhere a comment from @mirror and also mcbluna.net has this file not on his website.
    I think it`s a little bit stupid to install a version from what nothing is known of anyone what`s in there. Tomorrow I will receive my new speakers. What a horror it would be, when I update today to this version and it would destroy my Streamer.
    New speakers, destroyed streamer would not be a good constellation for the weekend. I better keep calm and wait. :cool:

Matild likes this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

That's always the best thing to do.

9. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Hmmmm..... definitely a strange problem.
    I installed this Crucial P3 SSD in my DMP-A6 then formatted it to NTFS inside using the DMP-A6 format facility (as distinct from formatting the SSD externally using a PC) and haven't had any problems yet other than the other well known issues everyone else is having. I'm currently running v1.2.64 firmware. The only issue I currently have is a music library search problem where only of the some recently added tracks and albums can't be searched by artist directly from the main search screen. I don't think it's related to the SSD, but rather a library capacity issue as before adding another 500GB of tracks to the library the search function appeared to be working fine. :confused:

20240427_07230588.jpg

10. AudioNerd

AudioNerd New Member

I’ve given up on Qobuz. When I signed up to try it they were saying Connect was going to launch in June 2023.

11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Member

I have no problem with Qobuz whether it's using the Eversolo app or the WiiM app with a Pro and Mini. A Connect feature would be nice and maybe it'll happen in the future.

db4 and Gil Fuhrer like this.
  12. surr3a1

surr3a1 New Member

Why are you calling it "beta", all betas have the actual word in the name. The problem is that it seems for quite a while now, there aren't any official updates on the FW versions.
    Files keep poping up in the list and can be downloaded but we have no idea what is new there...

BTW after several days w/o shutting it down, the internet radio starts to break every few seconds as if the device is out of memory. I have to reboot it. Retarded Android is shit everywhere it exists...

Nutul and Inti like this.
  13. Remik

Remik Member

Nie ma nic zabawniejszego, gdy bezmózgi ludzie instalują wersje, które nawet nie zostały oficjalnie nazwane beta

14. surr3a1

surr3a1 New Member

Every single "official" version so far was located exactly at the same place as this one. There is no real official version since there isn't any official link on their page for the A6.
    I'm considering eveything here unofficial because a forum is the last place in the world where a company should offer their FW versions to the public.

Their whole concept is simply ridiculous, unprofessional and childish!

Inti and Uwe like this.
  15. Uwe

Uwe Member

Completely agree. I fear Eversolo will fail. In itself a very good product…

surr3a1 likes this.
  16. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I think it is, as it often is. They want too much too quick. And then at the end, they get nothing. A6 did rock the market. Very close there was presented A8. It would have been better, they had driven the A6 to perfection. Istead of this they have two devices in the market and non of them satisfies the customer completely. This marketing will not lead to a good end.

Uwe likes this.
  17. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

IMHO eversolo have buckled to consumer pressure in many aspects of the development of this product, adding what I describe as bling features which IMHO don't really value add to the functionality of the device. Now I fully appreciate that some users absolutely love the VU meters and the spectrum displays and I'm quite sure they use them frequently.

I can recall when the DMP-A6 was first released the VU meter scales peaked at 0VU and they remained that way until the digitally inept insisted on making the scale go to +3VU like traditional mechanical analogue meters do. Why? In the digital world the replayed digital file peaks out at 0VU. It can't go any higher. So why recode the graphical interface to make this absurd change? o_O Likewise the spectrum display only works for one channel. Other than a gimmick what's the point?

I'm sure there will be plenty of members here that will disagree with me, but as @Mister L has pointed out it would appear that eversolo have attempted to please everyone and in the process satisfied only a few. This IME can have the potential to damage a product's or brand's reputation. Consumers don't want to have to constantly update firmware to iron out system bugs or to update firmware only to discover that something that was working very satisfactorily now doesn't work at all. :( This is a pity as I love my DMP-A6 and it's still my go to source device in my system. It plays just about every audio filetype in my digital library in one neat package. For what my comments might be worth (which may very well be worthless in the eyes of some readers), I wish eversolo would call a halt on the implementation of new features until such time as the existing features and functions are working 99% stably and predictably across the platform.

Lesfetes, Craig B, Inti and 6 others like this.
  18. Saman Edirisinghe

Saman Edirisinghe New Member

Very well said.
    As I have pointed out many times earlier these ad hock updates ruined my DMP-A8's sound quality. Going from 1.2.60 to 1.2.80, I lost the sound character originally had. And now there's no way to get back. Most of these so called features are worthless for me, as I use the A8 only to listen to the unaltered, pure sound quality only.

Uwe and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  19. The Moog

The Moog Member

@Alan Rutlidge I would somewhat agree with you, but the challenge as always is that one persons critical feature is another persons unnecessary one, and this will very much depend on your use case. I might also suggest that some of the 'bling' features you describe take little in the way of developer effort.

It was suggested that Eversolo have increased the size of their software team, and the update that was suggested to drop at of April still hasn't arrived, so hopefully we are due a significant update soon.

Uwe and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  20. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

You have two units one on the original firmware?
    Keith

Nutul likes this.