New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Inti

Inti Active Member

Thanks

2. The Moog

The Moog Member

@mirror Are you able to share any updates on when we the next software release might be?

Even a beta release with some bug fixes (I just want the improved digital volume control for example) would be appreciated.

3. octavius

octavius Member

Why did a series of product updates suddenly get stuck?

Spizz likes this.
  4. The Moog

The Moog Member

The same reason any software updates can get stuck I guess; either an overhaul of a major part of the architecture which can take a bit of time, or waiting on third parties that you have no control over to validate new features.

petru and Nutul like this.
  5. Kenny46

Kenny46 New Member

Or even CNY....

6. surr3a1

surr3a1 New Member

No, betas have the "beta" in the name and this one doesn't... of course they could get careless and forget to label it properly...

7. Kenny46

Kenny46 New Member

I also see previous versions also called Alpha....and Beta....who knows what this is then. Been using it for two days. Works great but since we don't know what changed its difficult to know what to look for.

surr3a1 likes this.
  8. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Have you tried the digital volume control when the passthrough setting is disabled ? One of the supposed things to come in a firmware update was an improved digital volume control method, should be less coarse than the current 15 step method. Could you look at this area ?

9. The Moog

The Moog Member

Currently not implemented; this is the one feature I am desperate for as I am running active speakers, but still just the previous 15 step method at the moment :-(

10. Kenny46

Kenny46 New Member

-100 to 00.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  11. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Thanks for this, looks like a fine digital volume control has indeed been implemented, visually similar to the analog volume
    Thanks but that is just the analog volume output using the XLR output. What does the digital volume control interface look like if you switch to a different digital output like SPDIF ?

12. Kenny46

Kenny46 New Member

Yeah...I noticed....still just 15 on digital.

13. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

OK thanks for this. So still no change on that front apparently.

14. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

Please how do I update the Android version?
    I`ve factory reset the A6 and lost the EQ function
    Appreciated

15. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

Could I have accidentally updated the A6 with the A8 firmware?

16. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Who can know this better than you?
    The machine eats everything you serve - not good and often complained about. But nothing changed. So this might be the case.

17. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

By the way...
    Any news about qobuz connect?
    More than half a year and nothing in sight?

18. octavius

octavius Member

When I asked in FB group when will be released? I got answer may be in Hifi show Munich 2024. But I affride it doesn't come. It must be rocket science to program one addon. I don't know how many programmers they need for this job... I feel it as Spotify level.... also 5 times annouced but never come. Just my feeling....

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of developers needed (probably one is enough, though); it is the information disclosure by Qobuz.
    Until they provide their API to their service nobody can implement any "Qobuz-connect" application.

20. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

Yes ..because the updater did
    I`ve updated the firmware using the 1.06
    but soon after reboot, there was an update this time V1.80 so I did...nothing more
    also, it doesn`t even see the added files from the CD burner
    Yes I did it myself because it made me do it
    now I`m left with a broken $1k streamer
    Doesn't look good