New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Remik

Remik Member

Don't cry and sell

2. supermood

supermood Active Member

are you really like this or are you getting paid for it? I hope so for you!! I'm good. no anger. you three deliver as promised. fantastic. a WhatsApp chat from some 12 years is more critical and has more substance. can it really be
    and boing is the greatest company on earth because they are telling us in every press conference that safety is the core of everything they do. yeah.
    and don't say anything about this great forum it really rocks. all are happy and that's the idea

Uwe likes this.
  3. Remik

Remik Member

stop crying and complaining, buy a product from a reputable brand and then you will see how much the manufacturer doesn't give a damn about you.

Peter Wallop likes this.
  4. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

I'm slowly starting to get fed up with this device and the way the company treats its users. You could say that it was "broken" by a software change and its basic functionality does not exist for me. I play 99% of my music from my Synology NAS. It was like that from the beginning and I bought them for this role. Now the device is useless. It was supposed to be fixed and nothing happened. Features that are useless to me are added while key ones are broken.

Amnesiac and Uwe like this.
  5. where is the problem? I can add my Synology folders by NFS and browse by folder or add them to the database. On my Synology there is DiskStationManager V. 7.1.1-42962

6. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I’d say it was self inflicted by all the stupid requests they get for irrelevant features!

7. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

My Synology runs DSM 7.2.1-69057. Eversolo doesn't always see it, and when it does, not all shared folders. Can't see files in folders. I put the PS3 Media Server to the test on PC. Eversolo also does not see resources from this software. Before the updates everything was ok

8. marantz2010

marantz2010 New Member

I installed this update when it became available on my A6 Masters Edition, and have since had nonstop problems with using the RCA DAC outputs. I have tried different settings, rebooting, factory resetting the A6. The only way to get sound of any sort is to use a digital output like HDMI, but I want to use the built-in DAC of the A6 ME which is the problem. Anybody else have this problem and has a solution for it?

9. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I`m going on v1.2.50 and android app v1.12.37

Got no problems. Machine works perfect in all ways. I tried a few of the settings, where are here bugs anounced. No problems. My Machine does it all. Strange...

MultiStream and Dodoni like this.
  10. How do you connect from Eversolo to Synology? Samba, NFS or UPNP? Do you have on the Synology shared folders? Are the rights okay? is the network group the same? Is the Synology in the same network as the Eversolo? Can you access the shared folders from a Windows or Mac via file browser? Many questions for different cases.

11. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Settings and network are fine. Yamaha MusicCast saw everything right and still does. Eversolo saw it but stopped after the update. Yes, same network etc. Eversoloo NAS-A sees the NAS but incorrectly or not at all.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  12. cp11

cp11 New Member

Greetings. I write from Italy. I have an Eversolo DMP-A6 with 2TB internal SSD from a few months. I also use version 1.2.50 and the Android app v. 1.12.37. I haven't had any of the problems described by other forum users. My A6 can be seen online and can also be easily connected to a NAS (Qnap).
    I use the internal DAC and I like the sound it produces.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    Dodoni, Peter Wallop, Remik and 4 others like this.
  13. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

I like to chime in here, I have both the A6-ME and A8, integrated w/ unRAID NAS and I have no issues. I have drives/shares mapped to the NAS via SMB and run MiniDLNA server, all works as intended. I will add, all wired ethernet and on same network.

Remik likes this.
  14. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Too many people complaining about Eversolo while it is clear that they have network issues, not related to Eversolo, and they do not know how to fix them. No issues here

Jonsc, Peter Wallop and Nutul like this.
  15. DanSvarre

DanSvarre New Member

Hi,
    anybody else noticed that usb output is distorting after 1.2.50 update? it´s only noticable in the treble and at some frequencies.
    I was convinced my tweeter were blown, but playing the same song from another source the distorting went away.
    If connecting dmp-a6 with coax the distorting also go away, but this also has it´s challenges because coax is lower volume than usb.

enisio likes this.
  16. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Not terribly helpful, but it might help with diagnosis - I’m USB out (to a Z8) and am not experiencing any problems at all. The A6 is doing everything I’m asking of it (HiRes from Amazon and rips from the SSD) perfectly (apart from a minor Amazon artwork glitch on an Amazon playlist). Cable?

17. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I feed USB Out to a DDC and thence to a range of DACs. No problems at all, I usually upsample to 176.4 kHz from a FLAC local library, also use Spotify and Amazon, no issues to report.

18. DanSvarre

DanSvarre New Member

I must admit i haven't tried another cable as it didn´t exist on earlier firmwares also not the alpha or beta version before this version. The cable is just the one that came with the A6.

I´ll buy a new usb cable and se if the cable is the problem. but it´s some coincidense if the cable broke the same time as the 1.2.50 update were installed:)

19. j2j

j2j Member

I had Synology NAS for music server and also 2TB SSD,no problem at all!except sometimes when Synology updated its software, it need reset Synology password to work!

20. Andy54

Andy54 New Member

I recently did an Online update for my DMP-A6 with the latest Firmware (1.2.50) and immediately had some issues. Firstly, I would choose a song in my Music Library, press play and nothing would happen. The song appeared at the bottom of the iPad screen to indicate that it had been selected, but it would not play through the DMP-A6. Secondly, I tried to exit from the Music Library and the Eversolo was locked. I could not make any changes on the iPad so I tried changing to Streaming directly from the Eversolo screen. The Eversolo was completely locked. I could not make any changes or even shut down from the Eversolo screen. I had to physically switch the DMP off at the back and restart it. I could play Apple Music, Amazon and stream radio stations.

I assumed there may have been a problem with the Online Firmware update so I did a Reset on the DMP. I downloaded the firmware zip file to a USB an did another update. The reset meant that the connection between my DMP and the external NAS needed to be re-connected however I cannot manage to connect to the NAS. The Eversolo can see my Mac mini but either tells me I'm using the wrong Username and Password or that it can't connect to the server.

Anybody have similar issues and is there something I'd doing wrong?