1.2.40_BETA/1.2.70_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Houdini

Houdini Member

No other way to say it, you're a proper twat, 45 of age and this is how you act in a public forum.

Inti and RolandG like this.
  2. RolandG

RolandG Member

Then we’re probably in the same business. If you acted this way in our Big 4 firm, HR would have a long talk with and a variety of exit doors shown to you. Whoever made you Director has shown a very poor judgement of character.

You’re an absolute disgrace to the profession. If you can’t behave like an adult, go away.

Inti and Houdini like this.
  3. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

This is a translation I found under A8 forum:
    NEW SOFTWARE VERSION 1.2.74 BETA DMP-A8 RELEASED

Change the logs:

To be determined

Update method: only update via USB.

Download link:

https://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A8/v1.2.74/DMP-A8_R_v1.2.74_Beta_202401192015_ota-package.zip

Insert the USB drive, do not unpack.

*This is a beta version and will not be distributed. Users interested in updating should download and follow the USB update instructions.

Control the app

Android: (to be determined)

iOS: version 1.0.91

DMP-A6/A8

1. Optimized sound settings

2. Optimized UPNP scanning

3. Fixed some known bugs

Matild likes this.
  4. supermood

supermood Active Member

life must be wonderful easy in your simple categories.
    I was complaining about the non exististant reporting of bug handling. I am obviously more anti capitalism then you three will ever be. being a typical yes and we were only following orders guy will not bring you forward in my big4 but I'm surely not typical. maybe you are. I hated 95% of these business guys who never used a broom in their life but thinking they are on the good side driving an suv with battery extender.

I should mention that I'm giving more than 100k for people without my luck every year, and that I'm working 10 hours a week with handicapped people to help them with really important things

but sure. not answering one single time my questions what this here in the end really is and to show me the company involvement and commitment everyone is so happy about but telling me I should bring my life in order. that's the way of a real gentlemen! yep, congrats[/QUOTE]

5. Joao Correa

Joao Correa New Member

Hi ! Wich is the las stabilized update to DMP6. I have 1.2.30 and it says that it is updated. However I saw posts about 1.2.40 and eve 47 !

6. AudioNerd

AudioNerd New Member

Thankfully found the ignore button

Houdini, Desmodromic and Peter Wallop like this.
  7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It may indeed be frustrating not getting an answer, not even a "not on our list"... I do agree.
    Anyway, your request (or need) is not blocking you from useing the A6. Having the app on landscape mode is useful only for the CAST function, which is a commodity helper. I can do without it; and it surely won't prevent me from buying the device. True that I am not a lazy f**k so when I listen I usually listen, not play around with the screen, so wasting 10 seconds to select an album doesn't really make a huge problem to me.

As said, they are probably focusing on real functionality problems, rather than secondary ones. And this is not an official forum; we have people linked with the dev team here, they do watch and report though; and many times bugs have been fixed thanks to this forum. Also new features have been brought in thanks to this forum and the requests that appeared in it by users like you and me (well, like you, as I do not own the A6 but you got me, right?).

So, in the end, shouting here and there that the forum is useless, its users just talk nonsense regarding non-existing service, and that the devs suck is, IMHO, a very impolite behavior.

Hoping the app gets fixed, as you are not the only one requesting it; but then again, a "broken" app does not render the entire device useless. Again, IMO.

Houdini, TheRedDevil7, CJW and 3 others like this.
  8. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

What does “Optimized Sound settings” mean in the new app?

9. Dusty

Dusty Member

Nobody knows. Sometimes the release notes are very cryptic. Optimized could mean a very small change or a huge change. We will never know.

10. Dusty

Dusty Member

So I’ve been testing the beta version since day one. And the only annoying issue I have is the constant disconnect between the app and the streamer. I play some music, turn off the screen of my phone. 5 minutes later I open the app and it disconnected. And trying to reconnect takes forever. I have to close the app a few times and press reload 10-15 times before it reconnects. The A6 is connected via WiFi and the connection is very stable. The access point is 3 meters away. Can something be done about this? Right now I’m using the latest iOS app and the latest beta, 1.2.44. This has been going on for a while but since 1.2.40 it has become a real problem. The phone is on the latest iOS version. Thanks.

doctorf likes this.
  11. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I have had no such issues with the BETAs but my A6/A8 is cabled and using IOS (iPhone/iPad)…

Peter Wallop likes this.
  12. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Mine never disconnects and when I need to connect, it takes less than a second. I have it wired and with a fixed IP address within my DHCP home network

Nutul and Peter Wallop like this.
  13. Dusty

Dusty Member

Mine also has a fixed IP.

14. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

Same problem here with fixed IP and wired connection to network and Android. Not systematic and happening from time to time, no matter if on Sony smartphone or Samsung tablet.

15. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

No issues with my iPhone

16. Houdini

Houdini Member

Same, no such issues with all the BETAs I've run, iPhone OS newest beta software, Mac OS newest beta as well. Mac app crashed here and there with 1.2.40 but has been stable with 1.2.44

Not sure if it's the wired connection or not but I am also wired to my access point, which has seemed more stable and responsive to me.

17. Houdini

Houdini Member

[/QUOTE]

Jibber-jabber from the center of the universe.

RolandG likes this.
  18. doctorf

doctorf New Member

My iPhone app regularly disconnects from the A6.
    I never had a problem with squeezebox or Bluesound node.

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Looks like some phones (OSs, or some versions of them) close LAN app connections upon turning the screen off if there is no activity on them.
    Next time instead try to exit the app; I believe (re)opening the app will succeed in connecting to the device.
    Yes, I know, it's annoying, but if the issue is OS/phone dependent (as it appears to be, different users experiencing different behaviors...) you are alone...

20. doctorf

doctorf New Member

Thanks for that.
    I’m sure you are correct, and yes, it usually reconnects on closing and reopening the app, but not every time.