New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. maddib

maddib Member

Regarding the current DSD/DSF issue, I would wait for a fix.

Topdude likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nothing against it.

3. maddib

maddib Member

Please read about the recently introduced issues described above, before recommending the F/W update. They show very clearly, not every F/W update makes things better. At least DSD/DSF output over HDMI got worse and needs to be fixed by another update. I'd strongly recommend to wait for a fix, if you use DSD/DSF over HDMI as mentioned in the question.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  4. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Why is it not possible to roll back to a former firmware version? That would solve the problem until there is a new one with fixes.

Topdude likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

It is a policy of Eversolo/Zidoo (and many other brands for that matter) not to offer such a facility. There is no valid technical/practical reason.
    I see only legal and marketing reasons not to allow it. They can make essential changes then which can't be reversed (in a simple way). Also BD/DVD/CD players and TV's often don't facilitate reverting to previous FW versions.

6. Nice Monkey

Tried all possible album DSD versions in DSF/DFF and ISO with no problems using FW 1.2.12.
    Play many SACD albums in MCH so HDMI is my preferred output for DSD. But admit using local content as asked for here. Don't ask me about DSD via HDMI with Roon, Flex etc.

If there remains a problem please report in detail (FW 1.2.10 for sure was NOT OK for DSD). By me flagged as solved with the latest update.

7. maddib

maddib Member

In my case it's with using roon, in the other recently mentioned case it's with DLNA/Plex as well. I described my symptoms together with a screenshot some comments above. Just some minutes ago, I could reproduce the exact problem again.
    Tried some different settings and actions, but problem persists. Here is also a screenshot from the A6 showing that no title is being played, though selected for playback in roon client which says "Nothing playing". It really looks like the issue is mainly with rather long DSD/DSF files starting from 6 and more minutes. Not always, but often. As already described affected files actually are played after a second, third or fourth repeated selection in roon client. For me it looks like some timing issue. DSD64 5.0 and 5.1 tested. Again, no issue when I had A6 F/W version 1.1.75 running which cannot be restored.

Attached Files:

Nice Monkey likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

Read about that one. Agreed if you use Roon or Plex one should wait for a fix. But the requester specified specifically not doing so hence advice to just install it.
    Mentioned problems most likely fixed with the next update.

9. pentax0373

pentax0373 New Member

Hi. First of all, congratulations to all the programmers who struggle every day with bug fixes! You are doing a great job.
    I have been a dmp a6 user for 3 months now. I'm now on the latest version 1.2.12. I'm only using the streaming service from Tidal, and the files I have uploaded to dmp a6. Everything works OK, except for a few things that I believe can be fixed :)...:
    - when you are in the eversol Tidal app and you find a song for example, there is no button to click to go directly to the main Eversolo dmp a6 main screen... you have to click back, back, back, back from Tidal app to get to the main Eversolo screen... this way you lose all traceability of where you were before, when you go back to the Eversolo Tidal app. For example, we users would just need to have a "Eversolo house" at the top left of the screen to toggle Eversolo menu/open apps etc.
    - it is not possible to rearrange the order of the songs in the playlists, that way not very user friendly to have add without editing
    - often when clicking on something in the system settings or clicking on the next song, there is heard a slight "click" before the next song. This must be something in general, because it has been present since the first version.

Hope this will help to improve ux for us, the customers.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    Peter Mittelstädt and Dusty like this.
  10. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

Since the last two updates I have had a problem playing surround music from the internal SSD. Current version 1.2.12. When I play DSF files, at some point there is a noise, a short silence and the song continues to play normally. With Flac files there is only a short silence and you can see the play bar go back and forward again. Then Norman continues to play. If I then play the respective song again, it runs without any errors. So it's not the files. Before the last two updates the error did not exist.
    I have already recreated the database and deleted the cache.

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It seems to me a buffer-size problem. I know you say it was not present before, but indeed some changes in (maybe correctly using the buffers?) the newer versions brought the problem to life...

12. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

What can i do?

13. maddib

maddib Member

I'm currently in active exchange with their support. Let's wait for their response. I'm pretty sure the DSD/HDMI issue will be fixed in a new F/W update. Currently, I don't see a workaround. We'll see.

Pitscher likes this.
  14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I have no clue, as I do not know if the A6 player has such a level of configuration to allow tweaking with the input buffer sizes.
    My player, MPD, allows me, and I have set its input cached memory to 1GB, in order to be able to load most of my massive DSD file in one go. Not that I experienced any glitches, but sometimes, concurrency of file reads to fill buffers AND non-maskable system interrupts and/or network traffic (network traffic is blocking in many cases) could have produced issues in this domain.

Pitscher likes this.
  15. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

Problems with using Roon as an endpoint with multichannel dsf files. A lot of stuttering, skipping and inability to playback files. Using hdmi output of Eversolo. Don't recall this problem with prior versions.

16. Nice Monkey

Known and reported. Also with Plex.

17. JorgeR

JorgeR New Member

After the latest firmware update (v1.2.12) my dmp-a6 start having a problem with the volume knob. It only decreases the volume all the way to mute regardless the movement applied (clockwise or anticlockwise). The remote and the phone cast work perfectly. I already tried to restart, fully disconnect but nothing helped. Any ideas how to sort it out?
    Tia

18. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

Factory reset.

https://www.eversolo.com/Support/su...zeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/AwkvFko6beQ=.html

19. JorgeR

JorgeR New Member

20. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

Does the factory reset also delete the music on the M.2 NVME 3.0 SSD?

Topdude likes this.