Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. salora

salora Member

Maybe it's not a bug but a hardware/software limitation with the video player not handling correctly the usb output.
    If so i can accept it and go with optical output for that usage. So it would be nice to know anyway

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hi, i am having issues playing all the episode files for a TV show specifically the volume slider does nothing and it is stuck on max volume and it hurts my ears vloume up and down for this show shows the volume indicator moving, but changes nothing. I don't think there is anything wrong with the rip cause im pretty sure it was working before but maybe not. Might be something in the mediainfo that stands out. All other shows that I have tried have their volume sliders working fine. I've attatched a screenshot 20230601_193309.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yup.. .same here... I have watched several titles recently right up to the end... never had that experience either...

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not possible to change volume on bitstream audio, only PCM.

Letmein and B0RN like this.
  5. salora

salora Member

Having read again this from the hifi thread : "Warning: When playing these albums using an External USB DAC be sure to set Audio Output to 2CH LPCM for downmixing. This is not done automatically like using the Internal DAC with HiFi models."
    I checked again even with 2 ch lpcm out everywhere still playing half speed through usb to external dac
    But it's supposed to be working

6. Nicholas Hewitt

that is wrong cause for the last 3 years the volume slider worked with all my movies and tv shows. The volume slider would keep resetting every time I turned off my machine, it would reset to half volume and wasn't loud enough. so every time I watched something I had to turn up the volume on my zidoo remote so I could hear properly. It must have happened over 1000 times cause I turn my zidoo on and watch something 3 times a day for the last 3 years

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

^^ If I read that correctly, instead of changing volume 1000 times I'd rather just turn on the Direct Volume button. Which I did as soon as I found out about it to keep all content play at 100% at all times and control volume on avr instead. I find this to be lamest feature of the machine and even did a full factory reset because of it thinking my audio was broken.

8. Markswift2003

Not for bitstreams it didn't.

Asking to control a bitstream volume is a bit like asking the Suez Crisis to nip out for a pint of milk.

nc88keyz likes this.
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

The volume worked for all my TV Shows and movies dude. I am 1000% sure. I had to change the volume over a thousand times so arguing that is just pathetic. Now there could be another device in play that effected it. But I couldn't be more sure that the volume slider changed the volume in all my shows and movies. I didn't use the max volume cause half my shows needed the volume up and some needed it down. Everytime I used my zidoo remote to change the volume.

10. Nicholas Hewitt

No cause half my shows needed the volume up and half needed it down.

11. Markswift2003

It never worked for bitstreams, I absolutely guarantee it.

AAC, MP3, FLAC, WAV etc yes, but not bitstreams.

12. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Controlling the volume would be possible on PCM but not RAW bitstream setting. Mute will work on some devices if selected like this. CEC control could control your volume of a Receiver or Soundbar if set up that way assuming the Zidoo source supports it. Not sure. I never use ARC / CEC or PCM really for that matter.

13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So just use the avr or tv controls and turn volume up or down, why mess with zidoo volume? Especially since it effects other content?

thivame likes this.
  14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’ve always used my AVR as “central control” for input selection and volume.

15. Nicholas Hewitt

Because since the volume is at max on the zidoo it distorts the sound even though I turn it down on my amp. It still sounds off.

16. Nicholas Hewitt

I prob put it on PCM at some point but changed it back to auto, and it didn't stick. So even though it 100% sure I had it on auto, the z9x probably still thought it was PCM. That's the only thing I can think off. Anyway I got it working by putting it on PCM. Cause I have that going to my tv. That converts everything to Dolby Digital, then to my pre amp/dac that supports Dolby Digital cause the Dolby digital light on my amp goes on anytime I play something, also using SXFI surround effects. Then to a mx5 amp for volume. So with all those things in play coupled with a pair Monolith M1570 headphones has it sounding like a home theater system without bothering my neighbour's. Everyone I let use them says it's overwhelming cause it sounds so fantastic, like being in a theater.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  17. Nicholas Hewitt

Also this firmware is very unstable. I'm quick with the remote so it crashes every time I do 3 actions in a row, which is very sad.

18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yup thats why i reverted back to .60, it's very good and no crashes yet.

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

That sounds like something is wrong with your zidoo. Try Raw or auto or pass-through settings or a combo and see if it helps.

20. Nicholas Hewitt

Auto keeps it on way too loud, even after a factory reset. I keep it on the same volume for the TV, The Xbox Series X, The Ps5, and the Nvidia Shield, and of course only the Z9x has problems with the volume. Putting it on PCM fixes it exactly how I had it before, that's why I said that prob even though I had it on Auto, it stayed on PCM.