Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To be fair, if you want client server then Jellyfin wipes the floor with Zappiti Video in my opinion.

Six66Mike and AngryVirginian like this.
  2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Software isn't the issue but the hardware in my aerial network system. Zidoo isn't as capable as Zappiti. Anyway I'm considering to get a new NAS for home to serve various players.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As can be seen in my stationary swapped my Onkyo TX-RZ720 for the new Onkyo TX-RZ50.
    Obviously off-topic but as there isn't any real news here for a long time. Now playing around with Dirac.
    Wondering if getting the optional Dirac APP + Microphone is a good investment?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

I'd be interested in your findings. I had an TX-RZ800 and loved how it sounded, but, alas, it died of Onkyo desease (HDMI Board and Chip).

5. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Well, 5 1/2mos now of silence. It seems like Zidoo has given up on us.

As good as the Z9X is, without continued support and development I will definitely reconsider buying another of their products next time around.

6. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

My too.
    I agree

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I would not have minded not getting an update for 6 months if it wasn't missing a deal-breaking basic function. I mostly have full rips and a lot of the times going through the menu degrades the HDR of the disc, IE: DV will play in HDR10 and HDR10 will play in SDR and so on. Super inconvenient and wrong and they should have at least fixed that before going quiet.

Letmein likes this.
  8. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I don’t understand why everyone thinks this is a long time between updates. Nvidia’s last Shield update was in November last year. And yes there are people over there that still have issues. Nobody knows what’s going on in Zidoo-land so people need to just chill the F*** out. I have zero issues with my Z9X to make me want to bail.

I’m sorry for you folks that use ISO’s or full folder dumps of discs so you can use the menus. I think that is totally pointless. If you want to use the menu to access something other than the main movie, put the disc in a player! I couldn’t run away from menus fast enough! Rip the movie to an MKV, make sure subtitles are flagged to your liking, and voila! It just works. :)

darkeyes909, Phil181, Jimibxl and 3 others like this.
  9. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

It's more than just the lack of updates, it's also the lack of communication. The Shield is an 8yr old device, the Z9X isn't.

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Just because you don't use a feature doesn't mean others have to follow you and chill the F*** like you are suggesting.

11. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

True and true, but have they ever been good at communicating? Other than new firmware here ya go.

Trust me I know they need a lot of updates and refinements to the system and for all we know they have a major update planned. Letting us know this directly would certainly make everyone lighten up a bit.

And the Shield Pro came out in 2019 so not 8 years. Still a lot longer than the latest batch from Zidoo though.

12. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Many of us came to the ZIDOO as refugees from the NVIDIA SHIELD. In an attempt to stay up to date with the latest and greatest, that box was gradually ruined for me by TOO MANY updates that made the experience worse!

I use my ZIDOO in exactly the same way as you, and have been cured of my upgradeitus by my SHIELD experience. I won't immediately take any new update as there is no feature that I need, but I totally get people being upset that their boxes are lacking features that are expressly referred to on the tin.... even if I think they are being a little dramatic as of late...

13. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Ah! Same here. Have a Shield Pro in a bin after they borked an update beginning of last year. I say “they” meaning Nvidia, but Plex too.

14. Markswift2003

I kinda do and although I agree the lack of communication, in public at least, is irksome, you're absolutely right - I love getting new updates, but hell, if they don't come it doesn't stop me playing movies with zero issues on the big screen with big sound and a glass of something nice.

And while Dune maybe running into difficulties with their geography and Zappiti with their creditors, I can tell you that Zidoo have none of these problems.

The only problem we have at the moment is where to go SOC-wise - and there's a plan or two in place there too.

Updates soon.

FrostByte, Phil181 and xskip like this.
  15. Enet

Enet Active Member

If they just had proper bluray menus this would be the perfect device. But maybe from a marketing perspective they don't want to do that?

16. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

SOC is weak. Hopefully they do something fairly decent here. The Z9X is fine for what it does but it definitely needs to be a lot more "zippy". Hard to use it after using my Shield or Odroid N2/Coreelec.

17. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

Hi everyone

It's now 2 months i am the happy owner of a neo s. Ok there are some bugs but the quality of sound and picture is so great. I never heard such details when i listen to music or watch a movie in dts x or dolby atmos, i also watch at iptv with my neo s and can use the internal player and got vs10. I have a shield too but it's so buggy since the update on android tv 11. Plex is crashing every time, shield freezes at least once a day etc..
    I understand that some people need some promised features but it's not really cool to read always the same complains. Btw i bought a samsung soundbar (high end model of 2021) i got only 1 update, and do you think samsung communicates? Absolutely No! Instead of crying in the samsung forum i know i will never buy a samsung tv or soundbar when i will need to change. I did the same when i bought a sony tablet and sony abandoned it immediately after it was out, i was complaining on the forum but sony didn't care, since then i never bought a sony thing again (and i was a fan of sony).

Thank you zidoo for such a device at a good price.

Anyway i prefer they take some time to make a good new update.

18. Markswift2003

It has nothing to do with marketing, it's to do with the complexity of reverse engineering BDJava.

Zidoo engineers have had to write their own BDJava libraries - The easy way would be to use BDA IPR without a licence, but Zidoo will not do that.

Enet and Darrin like this.
  19. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I only miss the trailers at the moment, hopefully that will be fixed soon. It doesn't affect the quality of the box, but it's nice to have.
    I have a very clear opinion about BD menus, there are BD players for BD menus. Sorry for people who want to list the menus before watching the film, there are no menus in the cinema either ;)

20. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

For me:

Weather app is broken
    Online Trailer is not working any more
    Bd menu is something like hit and miss. Most of the time is working BUT competition is doing better job.
    Yes, box is working but this are glitches that Zidoo engineers must solve somehow.
    I dont see any point to have a 'new box' when i have software problems

rockmeloman, B0RN and cVVGLabs like this.