Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

It looks that someone from Zidoo found that your suggestion was a good idea if we read the changelog of the last firmware. :)

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Another one. Make posters in the people page match the posters currently set for the titles. Currently, posters in the people page seems to be the default posters (from IMDB?).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    fsim2000, lawdawg and Mabon like this.
  3. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Is this not available? How do new users with countless shows in progress on a previous device come to HT4 and update the collection to resume where they left off with the previous player?

If this isn't done, throw in a massive +1. In addition, give the option to mark any episodes prior to that one as watched also. so if I'm on S05E04 of something, everything from S04E03 and previous can be selected as Watched.

I feel instant buyers remorse already, maybe I'll cancel my order in the morning. i thought HT4 was much further along than apparently it is.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has been requested before but I would like to ask for ability to rename a multi episode TV series blurays so HT displays all the episodes on the disk. So for example

The Leftovers.S02E01S02E02S02E03S02E04S02E05

or

The Leftovers.S02E01.S02E02.S02E03.S02E04.S02E05

Would scrape to show The Leftovers Season 2 episodes 1 to 5 on HT4.

Currently the initial scrape does no recognise the correct series - but assigns it to a move called The Leftovers from 1986. I have to manually rematch and it will then pick up the TV series but will only add the first episode (S02E01).

5. Since streaming support for netflix etc will be impossible for this box i like to suggest and request for player feature. Removing black bars/non linear stretch. If HTPC windows media players like zoomplayer/MPC (freeware softwares) can offer it then y cant ours? Its a small feature. I think developers can make it happen. I know some people dont like it but others actually do.

6. wiking

wiking New Member

Indeed!! A small feature! To make these player(z1000pro) better!! Come on!!

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean by non linear stretch - Years ago when we moved from 4:3 to 16:9, TVs used to have a non linear horizontal stretch for viewing 4:3 material on a 16:9 TV but that would look terrible if you did it vertically to a 2.35:1 presentation.

Netmask likes this.
  8. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I'd like to have a toggle that turns off backgrounds on the Movies and TV show details screen.

I find I'm spending far too much time trying to pick out a background that :
    1) is not same image as the poster
    2) Looks good with the details overlaid on top of it
    3) Doesn't look bizarre when the new aspect ratio compression option squishes it vertically

Providing an option to use the same image for all backgrounds could pull it off too.

9. AngryVirginian

For trailers

1. Can we have an option not to blur the left edge of the trailer video in the poster detail page?
    2. When the trailer is a local trailer, can we have an option to play the trailer in full screen using the same video player as the one used when playing movies? I have several high-quality trailers ripped from the BR disc and would prefer to use the VS10 Engine to play the trailer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Its simple. To remove the black bars of the movie and use the tv full screen experience. Its actually both a horizontal and vertical stretching of the video which removes the top and bottom black bars. A small and powerful feature. In Media player classic windows just open any video file, num pad on, and press num pad 8 ,2 ,4 and 6 (anyone continuously) while video is playing. You will get to know what i mean. Many people still use it. Lumagen and mad envy (high end video processors) can also do it.

11. Markswift2003

So you mean Zoom rather than stretch:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the Realtek SDK does not allow it.

12. No its not zoom. In zoom the picture gets somewhat magnified in both horizontal and vertical planes. Non linear stretch means that we have selective option to stretch video VERTICALLY or HORIZONTAL ONLY, and this removes the black bars without color part going out of screen. Actually this feature makes any video independent of its original aspect ratio and you can make it what ever height and length you need to make the video fit your TV and remove top bottom black bars. In this way default support of TV aspect ratio is also not an issue and you can enjoy full screen experience.

13. Markswift2003

Surely you don't mean like this :eek::

upload_2021-12-29_19-59-24.png

Mabon likes this.
  14. Yes. How you did it?

15. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

But what is good in this setting?

Mabon likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

If the file aspect ratio is truly 2.35:1, for example 3840x1600 or 1920x800, the aspect ratio "Full" or "16:9" will stretch it.

If the file is 16:9 letterboxed then you can't do that.

17. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I’d like to request some changes to the sidebar, when using “poster mode’”.

First a screenshot of the current sidebar for reference.
    682913CC-4A9C-459C-AA05-EFEC6BA33296.jpeg

1) Ability to hide items/filters. I will never have blu-ray or 3d items, and collections are kind of a mess since they lump movie collections and TV shows with multiple seasons together.

2) Ability to choose a default filter, besides ALL. Again, lumping movies and TV shows together is odd, and requires extra clicks to get to a more frequently used/useful filter.

3) Ability to reorder filters. Recently added is useful, but you have to scroll a ways to get to it.

4) Add new filters. I’d like to have separate recently added filters for movies and TV. I’d also like a filter for currently watching.

Finally I’d like to report that the Children filter is broken, unless Rated R war movies and movies about alcoholism are considered children's movies these days…
    194795E7-9D9F-431C-B8C8-22008049C9C3.jpeg

18. AngryVirginian

@lawdawg, pro tip: you can use the Shortcut Keys app to program the color buttons on the remote. I configured Screenshot for the red button. You can then use SMB to the Zidoo's internal drive to get the pictures out. They will be under \\Share\Pictures\Screenshots.

19. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Nice tip. Thanks!

20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I second this! Trakt is great and a lot of people use it.