Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes but not doing anything about it so we have to keep complaining. We never even get feedback that looking into it just silence.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You have to admit though, slowly and surely, they have been coming...

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

You think I don't know that...what do you think I'm doing (for a long time) about BDmenu support in my threads here and elsewhere. :)

But

The guardians of the temple make sure that the default and problems of Zidoo devices are minimized... or sometimes he deletes messages without asking the opinion of people and it's normal in my opinion we are on their forum, I had several messages deleted by mirror, he does it discreetly of course.

To come back to the question of BDmenu, we already have the answer and thanks to Mirror ( 2019) for this clarification even if the company Zidoo continues to say the opposite on their website... (I won't talk about the second part of the message where he wants to pass himself off as the victim because he is Chinese)

[​IMG]

The support of BDmenu is a matter closed according to me since a long time but which continues to make speak on the forums because of bad information available on their Web site

And for the rest I am globally satisfied with Zidoo,

Whether it is for the recognition of new video files (TV or movie) which are done without error with my way of naming them, or the direct reading of video files which is excellent, or the quality of the image which is excellent, or Posterwall which is the best manager of video files in my opinion and with a lot of possibility of personalization in extra, etc...

Overall the Zidoo devices are a very good deal VS their selling price.

It just lacks some honesty about some points in the information available on their website

See you soon

EDIT
    Don't forget that I created a thread to talk about NEO X and S on AVSforum for those who are interested​

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  4. Enet

Enet Active Member

The scraping is still not the best but it is getting better. When I did my scans previously, I had to use TMDB and not TVDB which meant that some TV show details were missing but at least it was the right TV shows. I have just done a complete rescan using TVDB and it seemed to find just about everything, but that might be because I also have the NFO files as well. Something does seem to be wrong with the image gathering for TV shows. Very few poster images and a few blank ones for shows which previously had lots of poster and background images to choose from. So maybe there was a change in image gathering logic or something is wrong with one of the sites.

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

i have to say that my Egreat Player 99 percent of the menu plays perfectly ..
    i still have a netgear player that is from the year i think 2013 and this player plays all the menu perfectly.. unfortunately it cannot do 4k

6. OlivierQC

Yes, I also had Egreat, they are excellent players but they are no longer in the race today and it's a shame.

With the way you built your sentence the answer you can eventually get from the guardians of the temple and pro Zidooist is "If you are not satisfied go see elsewhere" and Mirror wrote it not long ago on this forum if I remember correctly

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

and this is my answer to zidoo and all of them..
    people who are not confident in their work quickly become unfriendly

@mirror
    with the firmware v6.3.12 beta ran the menus
    now with the new firmware many menus do not work again ... why do they always build in new bugs !?

8. 56k

56k Member

same issue for me it crash alway at 3.984G or 30 minute
    it need to be fix!

9. 56k

56k Member

No my HD is NTF just asking,is this android pie version if fat32 or something?
    Why the recorder alway crash at 3.9 G when it close to 4G
    those it have 4gig file limitation on this android version?

it have to be fix, they sell this box as a recorder and video player but for now it not!

10. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

11. norVR

norVR New Member

just updated my Z9X to 6.3.66 and now after booting I see the main menu for a moment then goes to static on the screen. If I unplug the HDMI and back in it comes back and stays fine but happened again if I reboot the box. I have a LG CX and the Z9X is directly connected to it, and as I was writing this I switched HDCP back down to 1.4 and that worked to prevent the static from appearing. my TV supports 2.2 and it worked fine on 6.3.60. Just letting people know if they encounter this issue with 6.3.66, just unplug HDMI cable and plug back in to get the image back then switch that setting if you have it set to 2.2.

12. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

I would recommend turning off hdcp

13. norVR

norVR New Member

Will do, thanks.

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

As the trailers in this firmware are not working very well can someone pint me to a decent site to download my own? Ta

15. OlivierQC

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

OK I understand. It is on my aggregated list of problems.

18. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

You're right, Nice Monkey, no doubt.
    So 56K, take a look on how you've formatted your HDD.

But that the Z9X has SERIOUS problem during HDMI IN record is now a fact.
    It's from last January that I'm talking about, I've also wrote to Zidoo service and also in this Forum, but no reply from them or from someone here in Forum.
    Z9X not only not record more than 30 minutes but ramdonly, suddenly, stops recording audio.
    With my previous Zidoo's, instead, all works fine.
    But seem that the HDMI recording is about few interest both for Zidoo (which however sells it as a working feature) than for most of the Zidoo's Users, more interested to other functionality.
    I can understand the second ones, but that Zidoo, the Vendor, after almost an year do nothing to solve this issue, get me really angry.

19. Tiny Media Manager will download trailers from the popular sites if you turn that on in the settings. It gets the trailers from HD-Trailers.net and a few other places.

BearOS likes this.
  20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Could be :)

But.........
    Trailers have worked fine on 6.3.50.
    Since 6.3.60 it takes much to long to start, and since 6.3.66 they have started pausing after a few seconds, and it should be fixed