Music Player Album covers

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stephen Smith, Nov 11, 2021.

1. muha

muha Active Member

I gave up on MP handling tags, took out WD TV HUB, Twonky does fantastic job with tags and, of course, DLNA. Now I browse dlna through MP and play all music like that. Or directly on my AVR for flac/stereo.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes superior in every way, except when searching for TIDAL stuff

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Occasionally they manage to also screw things working. With Neo X there is no embedded cover display anymore with FW 6.6.50. :mad:
    Works with other models.

4. toshu

toshu Member

I am wondering if the Z9X has enough memory and speed to load Plex Player on it and stream video and music from my Plex server on my network?? I have accessed the server via DLNA a few times successfully for video. With music, I have that on a HDD directly connected
    i have a terrible voice...so i dont need lyrics to sing long...

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Maybe you need to wait for the Zidoo Z9K Karaoke Edition...

toshu likes this.
  6. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

agree its fairly ridiculous a so called high end player and it cant do the basics ,if its not ready don't sell it until it is ready. As said plex which for the basic app is free and it doesn't miss a beat uploading all the album art regardless if it has a jpg in the folder or not

Six66Mike, Mabon and rozel like this.
  7. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

So is this a bad player? This is only one function in another hundred, which in turn work well. Primarily it's a media player which in many respects is ahead of the competition. Plus, it’s constantly evolving, pretty densely. So i understand your problem, but this is not as big a problem as you present. They may be developing on this later. Please be a patient! Peace!

8. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

Actually it is a big problem and i don't know why people are defending it saying it hopefully get better one day . that's just not a justified reason for something that doesn't work now. I really believe this shouldn't even be on the market for sale in its current form.
    There is no way this is a high end media player ,as it advertises itself , with its amazing poster wall and music player, which neither match up movies or music correctly.
    As I said if it cant even compete with a free service like plex .I certainly wouldn't have of outlaid my money had I known it was this much of a pain to setup. It may have a nice picture and sound but if its this hard to use its of no good to the majority of people .It will never become a main stream player at this rate just a little fringe unit that only the most die hard would stick up for .
    If you bought a car that wasn't working as described and they said oh where working on an update it should or shouldn't fix the issue we don't know know how would that sit with you ,You wouldn't accept neither should we .

Six66Mike, Mabon and rozel like this.
  9. muha

muha Active Member

Install Plex app and use Plex server on other device.

10. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

That's really just a band aid solution sorry its still not fixing the real problem which is there product doesn't do what is supposed to do

Mabon likes this.
  11. muha

muha Active Member

No it is not, you want Plex experience, get it. I think only Nvidia Shield has Plex server on it. And I don't think that any audio streamer has Plex app as native software. I understand your frustration but there is solution to it. I know that out of the box experience is not what you expected, I had same problem. But when you figure out what this box does and how you can use it, it does fantastic job.

I don't think that Zidoo will ever be main stream device, and HiEnd audio line just came out, so developers with consumers need to figure out in which direction software should be further developed and what their position in this field should be.

Constructive inputs like ones that @Nice Monkey makes will bear fruit. This is not Plex and native MP is clunky peace of..... is not helping.

For last few weeks I stopped complaining to not make to much noise and so developers could have clearer picture of what needs to be donne.

12. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

So, any recommendations of a good music app to use on the Zidoo Pro for local media playback, without playstore installed?

Appreciate any suggestions, as the ones I've played with assume you have a touchscreen, which is not user friendly on the Zidoo.

Cheers

K

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

14. Nice Monkey

15. Nice Monkey

UAPP is the best choice by far and can mostly (main functions) be controlled using the remote control. HiBy Music is a valid second choice (need to get a media player friendly version).

Mabon likes this.
  16. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Thanks. Is there a specific version needed for the Zidoo 1000 Pro? I've tried a version and it crashed on giving it access to folders (like I mentioned, no play store installed).

Thanks again.

K

17. muha

muha Active Member

I know this might sound strange but VLC works great with everything. In settings you can enable Android TV mode, it does passthrough, and it plays files that don't work with MP for strange reason. It also plays in background.

I use it with Philips Pico projector when I travel. And I just installed it from Gstore to try it out and it works great.

18. Nice Monkey

No. I am using the G versions though always.

19. Nice Monkey

Got VLC also installed to be honest. It is my back out for videos not supported.

20. Nice Monkey

@Mabon
    Yes. At least Artist, Album and Title should be displayed correctly. Nobody will disagree with you about that. Using simply the tagged MP3/FLAC info is a good start. Should be the next thing to fix.
    On Neo models these should appear also big on the Front Panel as an option easy readable at viewing/listening distance even by old guys like me.

Most persons visiting me and having a look at the Front Panel of Neo X miss this Feature.
    Added a Wish/Suggestion list for Neo models to my Neo X review.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021