ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. vince48

vince48 New Member

is the YouTube app broken? I keep signing in, but the app never connects to my account!!!

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Have you loaded and enabled the google play firmware?

3. vince48

vince48 New Member

yes, i have the latest FW with google

4. skelton

skelton Member

I have that same problem with my Z10 Pro. After pressing the sign in button, nothing happens..

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I see that they fixed the E-AC3 output bug in HDMI audio "RAW" mode. According to my AVR, Dolby Digital Plus is indeed output as such.
    I checked it would also (and still) be that way in "Auto" mode. It is. So, all's good with E-AC3, IMO.

Strange though that in "Auto" mode, the DTS core of DTS-HD audio is being output.

I'm also still testing HDR to SDR conversion for my Panny plasma. With HDR set to Dolby VS-10 engine, the elevated blacks are still there. Not worth watching. Pitty they haven't fixed that. Hopefully they will address this yet.

6. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

why netflix show hdr on 1080p tv? so colors like wash out.

7. Alexey60

Alexey60 New Member

profile MP4

8. DaMacFunkin

Mp4 is a file format not a Profile or method.

9. Alexey60

Alexey60 New Member

7 profile format mp4.These discs have 2 layers of HDR and Dolby Vision.

10. DaMacFunkin

If they have 2 video files in the mo4 then they IF they play they will only play in HDR.
    If they are one video file but double layered and was originally a MEL disk they might Play in Dolby Vision so long as they have a non HD audio track.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

3D ISO playback still proves to be terrible. Can't work with it.
    Having tested quite a bunch, I can't tell why some ISO's work and others don't :-(

I also ran into a number of issues during playback of subtitles.

When VS10 is set for HDR, PGS subtitles sometimes turn up blue-ish on my Panny plasma.
    Let's hope that when they fix the VS10 HDR-->SDR handling, this will be solved too.

For (vertically) cropped video, PGS vertical offsets - in conjunction with the subtitlefile's video resolution metadata - seems to be handled differently each time.
    I can't determine what causes this; the behaviour looks to be erratic. Sometimes the overlay is ok, other times the metadata seems completely ignored (or misinterpreted) and the subs are not in the right position.

As for ASS subtiles:
    Does anybody have a mkv with embedded ASS subtitles that work properly on the Z9X?
    If so, can you let me know how your workflow looks to accomplish this?

I also noticed that there is no on-the-fly PGS time-sync possibility.
    This is a significant miss. I hope they'll be able to add the function in the near future.

12. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Have some problem. After switching of in standby mode there is no sound after wake up. Full switching off and on restores the sound. Please advice if somebody have this too.

And question - is there a way to have red (or any other) label "2K", "1080", "fhd", "bluray" (or any of those) on the movie poster? Movie is a remux and doesn't have bluray structure. Can't get it...

13. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Did not put the device name as it is Zidoo z9x thread, so should be clear what is the subject, but, of course, you are right, placed details to the sig.

14. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

Done

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I installed Youtube from Playstore. That one works.

16. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Is it just me or are the signatures not visible on mobile?
    @Blue Stinger You added your devices in the about field not the signature field.

17. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

Yes. But not only. In my signature too.

18. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

I see, no way to have color label for BDRemux.mkv making it different to BDRip, both will be HD. OK.
    In my setup sound goes by optic from Zidoo to Parasound Processor.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Info is not in your signature as it would appear at the bottom of all your posts - even old ones

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

A heads-up for the 3D-iso users

I remuxed a bunch of movie-only 3D-BD-iso's, that earlier could not be played by the Z9X, with the latest nightly build version of tsMuxer.

I could play them with the Z9X now, all but one. Eventhough the Z9X definitely still suffers from a 3D iso playback issue, for those who can't wait, you can try to remux your 3D and see if it works.

The version of tsMuxer I used is "2020-11-17 Nightly portable" and can be downloaded here:
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Be sure you pick the "Nightly" version. I used the 64 bit.
    Be sure to check OFF "Continually insert SPS/PPS" for both the MVC and H.64 stream before you bang on "Start muxing".

I wouldn't be able to tell why the remuxed iso's are (almost all) working. Newest firmware? Difference in output of tsMuxer? Maybe both...