ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes the last firmware for the CX was 13th October where I think the C9 was 30th October.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff but I don't think this is related to Zidoo media players. All movies are fixed frame rate. OLED screens refresh at 120Hz. It fits 60fps as 2:1 pulldown and 24fps as 5:1 pulldown. Each frame is repeated 5 times at the same 120fps screen update. Using frame interpolation you get more frames generated between film frames but it is all at fixed 120Hz. 23.976fps is accomplish by marginal adjusting screen refresh rate clock below 120Hz matching pixel clock rate on HDMI port.

Variable frame rate in games is done to maximize frame rate achievable by CPU and graphic card. This would be to synchronize screen to video game frames without stutter or screen tearing. With high speed OLED screen it is possible to generate video game at 120fps with amazing fluid motion, sharpness and detail all the time (no blur from LCD screens). In some complex motion scenes the graphic card can't keep up with 120fps dropping frame rate to much lower speeds. If the screen is dynamically adjusting frame rate to be in synch to the video card you will get best possible frame rate.

3. yoluss

yoluss New Member

hello,
    is there a way to make "default language options" works?
    I've try selecting a few different subtitles and/or audio languages but nothing works even with this last firmware 6.0.60

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

for me it does......

5. yoluss

yoluss New Member

And what languages did you selected? i just try a the x-files episode with multiple audio/subtilte language and always start with english audio/subtitule no matter wich language i choose in settings default language options

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  6. Armin Moesslacher

My default setting is english with english subtitles, then I can switch to whateever is there, I can change it to german without subtiles without problems in the quick settings menu and its working flawless

7. yoluss

yoluss New Member

wow, i can't make it work :( i go to default language and choose an audio/subtitle language and then start different movies or tv shows with that languages and they start in english (or the first one in the subtitle/audio order) xD
    For movies it doesnt matter to much because i usually remove audios so when i do that i change subtitles order (always start with the first one) but with tv shows is anoying because they are too many of them to do that.
    Lets see if someone else have the same problem or just me, i already put default settings with the last 3 firmware with no luck.

By the way wich language do you have in your zidoo? just in case... i tryed with my main language (spanish) but then i choose english (usa) with the same result.

Thx

8. ta0801

ta0801 New Member

@Markswift2003

Hey Mark,

the Zidoo Poster wall looks great, but the automatic match is crap.

I have to admin, that I have a lot of German movie titles, but still, it only recognized around 80 from my 300 movies.
    Even manual poster match is not always working, since for some titles apparently the name of the file is too far away, so first I must change the file name.

I remember my Zappiti Box (in general - no match for the Zidoo), but Zappiti did recognize about 90% of my movies + the rest was a piece cake to manual match.

So I have two questions:

1. Do you think, this is something Zidoo will improve in the foreseeable future?

Or do you think, I should do the work now, because nothing is about to change?

2. If so, is this manual match somehow saved, when I do a firmware update?

Many thanks you for you3 estimation!

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

English matching is just as poor, what I can’t get my head around is that during an non match the Zidoo suggests the correct title to search for...
    Surely someone can connect the dots.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

How are the files named in relation to TMDB?

I know a lot of people are complaining about matching, but I have to admit it's not something I've ever really had an issue with. I always name the movies the same (or as close as possible when punctuation doesn't allow an exact match) as the TMDB name.

Certainly it's very easy to confuse the scraper if words that don't appear in the actual movie title are in the name.

If you put the work in to get your library as you want it, you can save the posters, fanart and NFO file using the export settings in HT4. This puts 3 files in the movie folder - movieName.nfo, movieName-fanart.jpg and movieName-poster.jpg then if everything gets buggered up you can clear the library and scrape from local resources - works really well.

Also, backup regularly - this only backs up the SQL database and not the artwork - I'm currently trying to convince Zidoo to allow art backup as an option which would make the whole process a lot less painful.

You can also mess with the database (MySQL Lite will do) in a backup file which is a standard zip with a ztb extension. But make sure you have a backup of the backup before you do this - but it's straightforward enough.

xskip likes this.
  11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@ta0801 My recommendation is to use tinyMediamanager

12. McBluna

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

:) Sorry yes, that's correct.

14. Alexey60

Alexey60 New Member

Hi everyone. Please tell Zidoo z9x plays Dolby Vision which are downloaded on torrents?

15. McBluna

It doesn't matter where or how you download your legal content. It depends only on the content.

16. Alexey60

Alexey60 New Member

I'm sorry, I forgot to write. I have LG OLED65CX 2020. Does Zidoo Z9X play Dolby Vision? I swing movies from torrents.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  17. Armin Moesslacher

I use German but also tried English both menu languages work flawless

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Currently the CX has issues with DV MKV titles created using MakeMKV. On mine after about 5 minutes of play the video begins to stutter. I also get resyncs quite often. Not useable at the moment. I also have issues with all non DV 4K content I put through any of the DV HDR modes on the Z9X - again resyncs and screen flashes. SDR is OK.

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Thats like saying I have some tyres, will they fit my car?

Ziddo plays some Dolby Vision files in DV, some it doesn’t, what profile are they and what method was used to create them?

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Panasonic z1000 oled has the same issues with DV mkvs not just an LG issue