ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding the 'Display > HDR ' settings.

I have a an non DV TV and will soon have another non DV (Samsung) TV. As an experiment I have this set to 'Mapping HDR10'. I quite like the effect on SDR material but I have lowered 'Picture Parameter' brightness to 30.

What happens when I play a true HDR10 (or HDR10+) source with this setting? Do I need to turn it off and back to Auto? Cheers.

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

destroyer2usa and JS_racer like this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

with mapping HDR10 everything will be outputted as HDR10 unless the content is HDR10+ in which case the Zidoo will Output HDR10+.

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Does any one get the Bye Sign on there display when powering off ?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, it's only a temporary fix at the expense of black crush - we need black clamped to the right level in VS10 modes.

6. Markswift2003

No - boot up and shut down isn't as elegant as the Z9S.

7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Still getting SMB freeze even with new firmware. It's not practicle for me to switch to NFS because some of my disks use NTFS partitions and I share to Windows PC's. Is this SMB problem being investigated by Zidoo support because there have been a number of reports about it.

Firmware notes
    2. Fix the problem of individual online video freezes
    Is this fix related to IPv6 or is that possibly still the issue?

8. Markswift2003

No - the IPv6 issue is still not fixed.

Unfortunately the devs in China have been unable to replicate the issue so far - I've given them WireShark dumps of the traffic that causes it.

They thought they'd fixed it last week with an interim firmware, but no go I'm afraid. But they're very much aware of the problem and are trying to find a solution.

I'm with Sky and the Sky router allows disabling LAN side IPv6 which fixes the problem completely.

Rob W likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

I wouldn't lower brightness in that mode - you'll crush blacks in HDR. Pedestal and clip levels are correct (black clip is 68, but that's near as dammit).

10. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

I get a power off message when i shutdown with remote.

11. DELUCAS

Maybe returned back later on in firmware like the old z series did ?

12. DELUCAS

How do you get a “ Power Off “ message in such a small display window ?

13. Markswift2003

It's on screen not on the display, but the throbber only spins a couple of times then stops - very small detail, but looks a bit pants.

Power on sometimes shows a splash screen, sometimes not - it doesn't seem to have the stable 1080p60 splash the Z9S does and power off seems to take forever, whereas, again, Z9S is a lot quicker.

14. DELUCAS

should of posted on Z10 Pro thread but did not think id get a response .....
    i was referring to the BYE sign on the display screen Z10 Pro not tv screen .

it not there no more .
    Z10 model had it .

15. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Do you use the bright or the low dolby vision in the picture settings on your sony ??
    I might play around with it too, but only a x950h here......

16. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

Dark dolby Vision mode, other great news with re installing firmware i do not have to lower brightness anymore with test patterns to get correct black level when using LLDV output.

Watched a 4k HDR movie last night and PQ was awesome with LLDV engaged.

JS_racer likes this.
  17. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

Only get hello when boot up, no bye bye when shut down on Z9X

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think these messages are in fact created directly by Android.

19. DELUCAS

thanks for confirmation its on all Z10 Pros

20. DELUCAS

Bye was added later on on the Z10 .....?