Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes, hope that the zidoo team reads our messages

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I don't know, did you test with other file? The problem maybe in the encoding, dvdfab could be the culprit.

3. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I had access to two different sources and I got the same result. I'm pretty sure that the 2 sources also came from the same one. So it's a "circular" problem. Apparently there are other media players that deal with this fine...

4. Sarco

If you only have one file that you made even your computer my had a glitch, DVDFab use lot of small files then put them together, register version, demo, crack?

5. Sarco

May copy protect decode fail.... I have hundreds of files mkv and none act like this.

6. Miguel Ramos

Me to, but this one does and not only with me. With OlivierQC also did. Its rare but its happening. Not a big deal but it would be great to get this fixed

7. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

j
    Hi,

I confirm the bdmv file has the same problem it fails at chapter 17 !

grtz

8. OlivierQC

Thanks zarathoestra,

Yes, it is at the beginning of chapter 17 exactly (there are 18 in all). To have the exact cut-off period just look in the file NFO: 01: 54: 57.59: en: Chapter 17

I'm talking about the same release iso / bdmv and mkv remux

see you

9. OlivierQC

hi all,

the problem is also present on the zappiti so I guess it comes from the realtek chipset rtd1295.

French forum:
    au moment du changement chaptitre 17 >> 18 (01:54:57), crash de l'image (flash écran vert une fraction de seconde), et arret de la lecture.
    (Lecture à partir d'un Zappiti One 4K HDR. Firm v3.09)

see you

10. OlivierQC

Den likes this.
  11. OlivierQC

Hi all,

I plugged my Orico HDD enclosures (5 HDDs) on X10, the reason for all this is that I will not want to use my NAS anymore and i wanted to check that everything worked correctly with all my HDD on the USB port of the Zidoo.

Overview of my Orico 9558RU3 on French Forum :
    http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...reseau/orico-9558-ru3-en-cours-t30084131.html

[​IMG]

They are all recognized by my X10, I can see them in the media center, HT V2.0, etc ... everything is working properly.

[​IMG]

The HDD are available on my PC with the OPENWRT, it allows me to transfer files from my pc to the zidoo

[​IMG]

Conclusion:

For those who do not have a wired network/NAS but need a lot of storage, you can safely use an HDD enclosure with the Zidoo X10 in addition to its internal HDD.​

-----------------------

I switched to FW 2.0.5 to enjoy their new control center, you have your videotheque on the ipad screen and you choose and launch the video you want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a BETA version, we can hope for improvements with the future FW.

See you​

Den likes this.
  12. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Is this Control center available on Zidoo X9s? I am using FW 1.5 and I cannont connect via web browser

13. OlivierQC

Hello gsaronni,

it works with FW 2.0.5

14. OlivierQC

Hi all,

there is something I do not understand...

With the same iso UHD HDR, we have 2 different BD menu depending the device brand that we use.

------------

The BD menu on the Zidoo has HDR effect, it's really nice.

Zidoo
    [​IMG]

------------

The BD menu on the Egreat has a different picture and no HDR effect at all...

Egreat
    [​IMG]

really weird this thing, but so much better for those who have a zidoo we have a BD menu with HDR effects

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    DELUCAS likes this.
  15. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Just started to play around with a Zidoo X10 after trying the other Hisilicon based players. I'm deeply impressed by the theater wall !! Superb !! local control center, ease of use....@zidoo team : great great work.

Just noted three bugs :

- The resolution key doesn't work in the control center.
    - something more annoying : power off and standby both power down the LAN port....so no way to power on over control center or IP
    - launcher behaviour. If I set Theater 2.0 to launch at startup it works out of power off...but...if I power to standby from theater when powering on again I get the launcher

One wish remains though :

The better ability to edit not matched movies. Adding poster and backdrop is perfect but I still needs the ability to edit/add text as well

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  16. Miguel Ramos

I find out another issue regarding an audio cut out when seeing the movie "Coco" 4K (after changing it from a BDMV to MKV container). A couple of times the sound just gets muted and I have to stop playing it. After play it again the sound gest to normal. It happens in the same scenes but it can be a file problem or a bug in the Zidoo X10. Does anybody here faced the same problem?

17. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

If it works properly as BDMV then it’s a problem with the remux to mkv.

18. Miguel Ramos

I didn't try with BDMV, but directly with MKV. I don't know if it works properly with BDMV

19. OlivierQC

Hi all,

i checked, it is not works properly with BDMV/ISO,.

it seems that there is a problem with some Disney movies (seamless branching ?)

I thought that changing it to mkv remux would solve the problem but it seems that no

see you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We are solved it in the next version.

OlivierQC likes this.