Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. SilverBlade

SilverBlade New Member

Can the X10 use many external USB hard drives attached to a powered USB hub?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yes, seen tests with 8+

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Little quite of late .......
    Any news on an upcoming future firmware news or a special addition ?

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi,

yes it's calm for a few weeks,

@zidoo Team
    do you have any news for a new version of media center for example?

see you

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Using a 10-slot ICY Box Docking Station myself. Expensive but works as advertised including synchronised power on/off. Only modded the unit with adjustable fan controllers to reduce the noise as it is never fully populated.

6. cool

cool New Member

HI Guys !

I have a X10 with a old remote.

I would like to buy only the new remote.

Do you know where I can buy it ?

Thanks for your help.

7. WereWolf84

WereWolf84 New Member

@OlivierQC

How would you compare/rank the picture quality of this X10 vs Nvidia Shield TV, Nvidia Shield TV seems to have more powerful SoC and GPU, can we playback BD ISO with the Nvidia Shield TV?

8. OlivierQC

hello werewolf84.

I have not used my shield TV for a long time, i remember that I was disappointed compared to my old minix X8-H if I remember correctly, but initially the shield tv is a box to play.
    I will not be able to answer you on this subject.

If you need to have netflix 4K HDR, play games, etc ...then you have to choose the shield TV.

All I can say for sure it is that the zidoo has the best PQ compared to my other boxes (egreat/himedia), Zidoo with the realtek 1295 has one of the best image right now, that's my opinion.

And I do not say that because I'm on the zidoo forum

EDIT:
    there is also the new H6 pro, it seems to have a good return.

9. WereWolf84

WereWolf84 New Member

@OlivierQC

Thanks a lot for your reply, I have movies collection saved inside my external hard drive storage, so I need a 4K HDR media player with excellent upscaling capability (1080p upconvert to 4K) and also support HD audio in USB connection.

What's your opinion/comparison on the upscaling performance of X10 and nvidia shield 2017? I remember during 1080p era, the Sigma chipset always win over Realtek in terms of picture quality. Based on specs alone, the nvidia shield obviously have more powerful chipset and graphics processing unit, would that allow the shield to have much better upscaling capability & 4K picture quality?

By the way, I would love to see more youtube demo videos of the X10 in action to upscale 1080p movies and X10 playing native 4K movies

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  10. DELUCAS

You tube videos will be no good to see the picture quality or upscaling qualities of say the x10 etc

You really need to purchase one set it up properly and test it / compare to your old units etc
    Get one from Amazon and if your not happy return it .

I found the image of the Shield tv to a bit lacking in quality / Detail etc
    But its a player of many things etc

My no 1 is Image quality and if fed a quality input can look stunning using the X10 on my system and mine needs a good feed as it can show up any bad image fed through it .

Using a Ref prof Monitor

So my Nvidia x 2 are no longer being used and one is up for sale now .

With the new Hometheater app being released shortly it will only enhance your movie playback .

And if the Zidoo team add version 3.0 spec ..........
    Even better .

Icing on the cake be Android Nougat 7.1 as that can pave the way for Dolby Vision playback
    But we can only dream for that one .

Zidoo team add it on future firmware and im sure some here would pay a little towards it .

11. WereWolf84

WereWolf84 New Member

Thanks for reply, I just start looking at this player recently, any bugs on this player?

does the X10 comes with the new backlit remote control? Mind to share which remote control did you guys received? I saw some unboxing it only comes with old version remote control

12. OlivierQC

I do not know which country you live in,
    but the futeko website (UK) sells the X10 with the new remote control, it does not have the old packaging

13. DELUCAS

White box packaging comes new backlight remote
    But i use Nvidia Bluetooth remote with my X 10

Thers always bugs in any Android box
    The more you ask it to do the more bugs you will find etc

14. WereWolf84

WereWolf84 New Member

Ah, I see, does the X10 upscaling any contents <4K, or it just output whatever the native resolution of the file that we put in?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  15. OlivierQC

Hello

A small comparison with my Egreat A10 / 11.

Here are my impressions about the PQ of zidoo, this is only my personal opinion.

There are the same parameters for both devices

Some people say that the image of the Egreat is better, They may be right. but for me, my preference goes to the Zidoo.

Sharpness
    The sharpness is better on the Zidoo ( out of the box ) but using the sharpness of my TV, we get the same thing on the Egreat,

colorimetry
    I have a preference for the Zidoo.

Why I prefer the PQ of the Zidoo

With the Egreat
    - Sometimes there are areas of the image with a kind of greenish-pixelated color with the Egreat (I had the same problem with the himedia Q10 pro)
    We do not see it on my pictures, and this happens on certain scenes when there are dark gradations of colors.

- Another problem for me is the gradient banding with the Egreat ( and himedia Q10 pro ).
    I do some pictures and videos, you can not see it correctly on the video ( It can be seen from the 25th seconds on the left of the image) of the Egreat, but it is present when we see it with our own eyes.

On the Zidoo

The 2 problems above does not exist on the Zidoo

Overall I find the PQ of the Zidoo better, and you have an excellent PQ at the first start of the box after unpacking.

As I said, this is what I think and what I see on the screen with my equipment

-------------------------------

Zidoo X10
    [​IMG]

Egreat A10
    [​IMG]

Video : we can see the banding at the 25th second

see you

16. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

DELUCAS likes this.
  17. WereWolf84

WereWolf84 New Member

source? what are the improvements?

by the way, does the X10 able to convert HDR to SDR (something like tone mapping) just like what the Egreat A11/A10 and Himedia Q10 Pro able to do? is this feature possible being add through firmware update?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  18. OlivierQC

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  19. cool

cool New Member

Hi,

finally, I ordered the new remote to directly to Zidoo. sales@zidoo.tv
    I paid 16$ and I received it 1 month later.

It's really great.

20. OlivierQC

Thanks for the information cool :)