Zidoo NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Inikad, Oct 19, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And this brings what to the table?

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

On the internet and social networks, the main complaints from people about the Zidoo remote included with their Zidoo devices (V7 and V8) are their size and weight

I guess Zidoo has corrected the situation by offering a remote Mini

The V7 and V8 are old models too

For a little more than 2 years, I have the one of my X20 PRO (V8 model), I use it every day and it still works well, I use it on my Z1000PRO now

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  3. OlivierQC

Hello,

For those who like what I have to say about Zidoo devices, know that :

I have refreshed the information in my thread dedicated to the NEO range on HCFR.fr, to all Francophones do not hesitate to come

[​IMG]

I am often on the Internet and on social networks and I like to share with you the information that can be found on the web from my Facebook group that I created in late July

[​IMG]

-----------------------

And of course I continue to come to the Zidoo forum to discuss with all the people who are dear to me

See you soon

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For V7 and V8, the Play/pause, stop and info buttons should be in the same column, with buttons big enough to find them easily. Audio and subtitles on each side, same for the chapters and fast rewind/forward. For the video part of a Zidoo, that’s probably the ones we use the most.

I have no problem with their weight or their size personally.

5. OlivierQC

Hello Inikad,

You may be, but this is not the case for all:)

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Nope, that’s why I used the word « personally ». ;)

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And no Zidoo remote beats my Harmony Elite

8. OlivierQC

yes I saw that :)

I don't know if you have a family but generally (and I am in this situation) we are not the only ones to use it, the Zidoo box is most often in the living room and our wives and / or our children also use it.

the V8 (not the Vegetable Cocktail) is quite big and eventually it would be a good thing to replace it by a model with the same features but more compact, like a TV remote control for example

This is only my opinion

9. OlivierQC

Incredible....

You dreamt of it.... Zidoo did it!

Zidoo announces that the NEO S supports all BD or UHD blu-ray menu.

[​IMG]

Hopefully this will be the case for other Zidoo devices in the next few FW

This is great news for anyone who bought a Zidoo with the hope of being able to use this feature.

Congratulation Zidoo

see you soon

10. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

We wait to see if this is really the case.... But if that’s true, I hope it won’t just be in the new model.

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Yes, better to wait: we can read almost the same in the description of the Zidoo players already on the market.

12. TommyC123

TommyC123 New Member

Now that Zidoo has 2 Hi-fi oriented machines, when are they coming out with a Music Payer 7.0 that can function better? MP6 is barely functional with lots of bugs.

13. muha

muha Active Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  14. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

OMG! This is only a YouTube video. What can be deduced from this? What do they want to demonstrate with this? :D

15. cyber201

cyber201 Member

I'm waiting for a new device with HDMI 2.1
    It's possible in the near future?

Thanks

16. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Sure, with a new SoC. So far I’m not aware of a new one from Realtek.
    The only real benefit for a media player can imho would be QMS, but it’s not that useful to begin with because only the framerate can change but not other variables such as bit depth, resolution, color space.
    So the real world advantages are marginal with HDMI 2.1.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. cyber201

cyber201 Member

Thanks

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

They look like something you'd have bought from Tandy (Radio Shack) in the 80s!

Anyone else remember Realistic speakers!? And they used to have a model called Optimus...

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In fact I do see 2 improvements of Neo S over Neo X: It has 2x USB3.0 ports and it has a SPDIF Optical DAC input port (most TV's have Optical SPDIF ports only).

Still unknown to me are RAM and Flash sizes maybe these got doubled too?
    The motherboard of Neo X is better though than the one of UHD3000 using better components around the SOC like the crystal being used.

Personally I would have come with an Upgraded UHD3000 using this DAC version + the OLED front Panel + Headphone connectors instead of a downgraded Neo X.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  20. OlivierQC

It inherits the know-how acquired with the NEO X and rectifies some shortcomings of the NEO X whose development began 4 years ago anyway.

And my estimation about its price will be around 1500 Euro